Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Urgent Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Both Altera and Tekkit will be going down for approx 1 Hour to perform a Storage Upgrade.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
The upgrade was successful and the world files for both Altera and Eon are now stored on SSD.

However.. Abbey seems a bit poorly. Mr Dell might need to be called to take a look.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
So the SSD's should see us some performance increase?
Clients noticing a difference would be negligible. You might do but only in quickness of chunks loading in the distance.

The server will be less strained generally going about its business. So overall performance of the server should be better under more extreme loads i.e when 50+ players are on.

OSirixO

Loyal Servant of Altera
I've been playing a bit on and off on the tekkit server last few days, and I'm wondering.

Pretty much everything in tekkit is or can be automated and at the same time that's also what is frowned upon or even forbidden on the hollowworld server (cobblegenerators, redstone circuits and things like that).

Up till now its been fine, but what will happen when that server is populated with 50+ players and a few months old?
There would be all kinds of stuff running 24/7. Won't that cause severe sever loads and possibly lag?

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
SSD's ... THEY ROCK!!!111

I can recommend everyone to grab one if ya have the money!

Rexyn

Legend of Altera
I would say something along the lines of 'sweet SSD is up and now those severs are running MUCH better' or the like, except I have NO idea what SSD is or what the differences are in the two mentioned severs are...or who Abby is.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Abbey is the dedicated box we run hollowworld on. She runs both servers. SSD is a Solid State Drive, which replaces normal HDD (Hard Disk Drive). SSD usually read and write much faster than HDD meaning the server can get the data from them and save to them much quicker which results in things being loaded faster.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
thus making it more likely that lag is from the computer you are on

Status
Not open for further replies.