Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Vatticuss Walterius, the Broken Moor

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
VATTICUSS WALTERIUS
Note: Vatticuss carries something of a split personality. He developed it ICly, not in backstory. It is the voice of his old self, his past urges toward decadence, and sadistic domination, manifest in his mind as his late wife Rihya. On the character profile, the influence this voice has on him is indicated by the red text.

Character Chart
Character’s full name: Vatticuss Walterius
Reason or meaning of name: His parents thought it sounded noble and dignified.
Character’s nickname: Vatty (hates it)
Reason for nickname: Shortened form of his first name, his love Rihya called him this. Nobody else has since.
Birth date: 17th of Fogwater, 2056 - Year of Corruption

Physical appearance
Race: Moor Elf
How old does he/she appear: He looks about his age. His hair is starting to gray as he nears the end of his natural life.
Weight: 145 lbs.
Height: 5'10"
Body build: He is fairly strong, being a blacksmith, but by no means is he physically intimidating.
Shape of face: Severe and angular, but also beginning to show lines that mark his age.
Eye color: Deep blue
Glasses or type of aid for the eyes: None
Skin tone: Dark grey
Distinguishing marks: His worn hands and various other minor scars would make his job as a blacksmith obvious.
Predominant features: Nothing is particularly noteworthy. He does his best to look uninteresting.
Hair color: Black, though it is beginning to turn more grey.
Type of hair: Very straight
Hairstyle: Ungroomed, it mostly just hangs down, except where he's pushed it out of his eyes.
Voice: Gaius Baltar
Overall attractiveness: He's fairly handsome for his age.
Physical disabilities: He has none.
Usual fashion of dress: Uninteresting peasant's clothing.
Favorite outfit: He doesn't really have one.
Jewelry or accessories: None

Personality
Good personality traits:
Humble, normally patient, observant, intelligent. Resourceful, practical.
Bad personality traits: Unstable (improving), stubborn in some cases, weak-willed in others (improving). Rash, violent and potentially sadistic.
Mood character is most often in: Anxious
Sense of humor: Very good, as he enjoys any way to take his mind off of recent events.
Character’s greatest joy in life: Helping his allies and protecting them however he can. Watching his enemies suffer.
Character’s greatest fear: Losing Erikor.
Why?: He's already made mistakes and possibly lost him. He's determined now to fix that and bring him back. He won't let him repeat the mistakes of his past.
What single event would most throw this character’s life into complete turmoil?: Erikor's death.
Character is most at ease when: Talking with someone he deeply trusts.
Most ill at ease when: In the presence of someone he doesn't trust.
Enraged when: In the presence of anybody who would drive him to return to his old ways. In the presence of someone he doesn't trust.
Depressed or sad when: Thinking about his past.
Priorities: Get Erikor back and set things right with him. Then find a new home.
Life philosophy: {Do no wrong. You've got one chance to redeem your mistakes and save yourself from judgment.} {Make them remember your name. Return the Walterius name to what it should be. Make them fear it.}
If granted one wish, it would be: Full forgiveness for himself and his surviving family.
Why?: We've all made horrible mistakes that the Grey Lady does not look kindly upon.
Character’s soft spot: His family.
Is this soft spot obvious to others?: Oh yes.
Greatest strength: His loyalty. He would never harm any of his family or his closest allies, even if he were to relapse.
Greatest vulnerability or weakness: His instability. He has come very close to relapsing into his old sadistic self numerous times. This is improving now with his bolstered motivation.
Biggest regret: Basically the entirety of his past before he came to Grafjell, involving a lot of hurting other people in very cruel ways. Coming to Grafjell.
Minor regret: .... Forging an arbalest for Rihya?
Biggest accomplishment: Coming to Grafjell.
Minor accomplishment: Various things he has forged for citizens of Grafjell.
Past failures he/she would be embarrassed to have people know about: .... The entirety of his past.
Why?: Because he fears people won't trust him.
Character’s darkest secret: The entirety of his past.
Does anyone else know?: Several people in Grafjell, but he tries to avoid letting other people find out.

Goals
Drives and motivations:
He wants to keep his family from falling any further and protect Erikor.
Immediate goals: Find Erikor and make him a part of his family again. Kill Grey.
Long term goals: Continue his devotion to the Grey Lady.
How the character plans to accomplish these goals: Stay close to the few true allies he still has, and seek their help in bringing Erik back.
How other characters will be affected: Hopefully, Erik will finally be changed for the better for once. Other characters are displeased with Vatticuss' rash decision to disown him but will most likely help him regardless.

Past
Hometown:
A private manor that his parents owned.
Type of childhood: Decadent and full of excess and dark teachings.
Pets: None
First memory: The sight of the decorated manor he was raised in.
Most important childhood memory: Memories of his father teaching him about blacksmithing.
Why?: This led to his official occupation as an artisan blacksmith, and the manner of the things he forged was... not pleasant.
Childhood hero: His father.
Dream job: Forgemaster in his own private manor.
Education: He was taught to be fluent in both Mok'yra and common-tongue, and his family being wealthy, he learned to read and write and was well-educated.
Religion: Jishrim, and briefly an unwitting servant of the Morsus Serpentium, the now-disbanded secretive cult of the false god Sermell.
Finances: Very wealthy, with a large inheritance.

Present
Current location:
Crossroads (moving out of Grafjell)
Currently living with: Nobody.
Pets: None
Religion: Devoutly worships The Grey Lady. Jishrim.
Finances: Enough to get by, but not very wealthy.

Family
Mother:
Arine (deceased)
Relationship with her: Loved her, respected her as a parent.
Father: Rinidan (deceased)
Relationship with him: Loved him. greatly looked up to him.
Siblings: None.
Spouse: Rihya (deceased)
Relationship with him/her: "I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I pray your judgment is not too harsh." "I long for you every day."
Children: Goren (deceased), Mila, Erikor
Relationship with them:
Goren: "I'm sorry, I know why you hated Rihya and I so deeply. I pray your judgment is not harsh." "You can rot for all I care. You nearly killed Rihya and I and then ran away from us with your sister."
Mila: "I wish I could prove to you that I've changed. I'm so sorry for what we've done to you." "Stay the hell away from me. You'll ruin everything."
Erikor: "I won't give up on you. You're my last chance to prove that there's something right about this family. Please, don't leave me." "Yet another foolish offspring. A shame he doesn't like us, he's going to become like you and Rihya were."
Other important family members: Melosa (granddaughter)
Relationship to her: "I need your help now. I can't keep going on my own, please, help me." "Offspring of the traitor son. Hopefully you are not as foolish as him."

Favorites
Color:
Very dark blue-black, like the night sky. Bright colors, especially red like blood.
Least favorite color: Red. Boring colors.
Music: Anything, he enjoys it as entertainment and a peaceful distraction.
Food: He isn't picky.
Literature: History
Form of entertainment: Pretty much anything to entertain him and ease his mind. Fights.
Mode of transportation: He doesn't like moving around.
Most prized possession: That aesthetic metal cane he used to carry around.

Habits
Hobbies:
Sketching and experimenting with metal scrap at the forge, reading, sitting outside to meditate.
Plays a musical instrument?: No.
How he/she would spend a rainy day: In the forge.
Spending habits: Very sparingly, mostly just food and supply for the forge.
Smokes: No.
Drinks: Maybe...? Depends on his mood. Loves wine.
Other drugs: None.
What does he/she do too much of?: Dwelling in the past.
What does he/she do too little of?: Spending time with his son Erik.
Extremely skilled at: Smithing. Manipulating and inflicting suffering.
Extremely unskilled at: Making friends :(
Nervous tics: Tapping his foot and drumming his fingers. Trying to fix his hair.
Usual body posture: Neutral, leaned back to try and relax himself although he usually looks on edge anyway. Upright and noble.
Mannerisms: Often doesn't want to be in the center of attention, standing/sitting off to the side and not looking directly at nearby strangers. Very soft-spoken in casual conversation. Engages in conversation with many people, for the sake of learning their possible uses/threats.
Peculiarities: Startled fairly easily, he almost always looks either tired, anxious, or both on a bad day. Quite obviously full of himself.

Traits
Optimist or pessimist?:
Pessimist. Optimist.
Introvert or extrovert?: Introvert.
Daredevil or cautious?: Cautious.
Logical or emotional?: Emotional.
Disorderly and messy or methodical and neat?: Methodical and neat.
Prefers working or relaxing?: Whichever will do a better job of keeping his mind occupied in the present. Relaxing.
Confident or unsure of himself/herself?: Very unsure of himself. Confident.
Animal lover?: "I like them, I guess."

Self-perception
How he/she feels about himself/herself:
Getting better. The loss of his safe haven at Grafjell has served as a catalyst to restore his motivation. He is growing more determined and reassuring himself that he can do this on his own.
One word the character would use to describe self: Tired. Strong.
One paragraph description of how the character would describe self: "I should have known Grafjell wouldn't last. I want to blame the Anhald dogs, but that doesn't change what Grey and Ashna have done. I'm not giving up, though. I won't let go of my new faith. I'm going to find Erik and find a new home. Maybe at Cal's winery like he suggested." "I should just return to my old ways. I felt at peace with that, I enjoyed myself. Life was so much easier. And my enemies feared me, rather than coming to my forge and threatening my family if I didn't help them."
What does the character consider his/her best personality trait?: Loyalty.
What does the character consider his/her worst personality trait?: Vulnerability. Confusion.
What does the character consider his/her best physical characteristic?: His relative strength for his age and race. And his handsome face.
What does the character consider his/her worst physical characteristic?: The lack of careful grooming he used to have.
How does the character think others perceive him/her: Weak.
What would the character most like to change about himself/herself: Remove the urges of his past self. Or just repair his emotional vulnerability.

Relationships with others
Opinion of other people in general:
Now more careful of who he chooses as his allies. Believes all people have a purpose. One way or another.
Does the character hide his/her true opinions and emotions from others?: He confides in his closest allies, but keeps himself guarded in the presence of strangers.
Person character most hates: Roran Campion (deceased) (BrianAT16 ) . Goren Walterius (deceased).
Best friend(s): Melosa and Calcifer Crow (BrianAT16 )
Love interest(s): Rihya Walterius (deceased)
Person character goes to for advice: Recently Melosa
Person character feels responsible for or takes care of: Erikor Walterius (Niek Morenta )
Person character feels shy or awkward around: Nobody in particular
Person character openly admires: Melosa ("You are the sign of hope to me that our family does have a chance to redeem itself.")
Person character secretly admires: --
Most important person in character's life before story starts: Father Rinidan or wife Rihya
After story starts: Erikor or Rihya

Last edited:

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
*RELATIONSHIPS*
Ashna: Betrayed his trust. Hated. (solus )
"I would have defended Grafjell with my life. But not when you ask me to renounce my oath of blood - the oath you had me take - and return to my old ways of sadism and cruelty. There is nothing worth defending when you deprive us of that oath and promise." {"I told you, Vatticuss.~"}

Calcifer Crow: Trusted. Liked.
Bob_the_BuilderPet
"You wish to stay loyal to your vows. As far as I'm concerned, that makes you one of the few allies I have left." {"And you reintroduced us to alcohol. Wonderful."}

Erikor: Loved as son. (Niek Morenta
"I've made a horrible mistake. I gave up on you too fast. Please, for the love of the gods, don't let it be too late..." {"This one isn't getting away from us. This one child will be raised right."}

Grey: Despised.
Estes241
"What venomous words have you whispered in my son's ear? Stay the hell away from him. You may have betrayed me and all those who would stay loyal to their oaths on the Isle, but you will not take my son from me." {"I hope you die a painful death in the cells on Anhald for driving Erik away."}

Jydorr: Liked.
TurtlePrada
"You were one of the only people at that meeting who spoke any sense."

Melosa Crow: Trusted deeply. Neutral. (BrianAT16 )
"You've proven to me that our family can continue on a better path. Please, help me find my way on that path before I leave this world." {"I just hope your naivety doesn't get in the way."}

Last edited:

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Some updates to the profile. He's planning on leaving Grafjell after having been asked to essentially break the blood oath he took for reasons (shhhhhh) by Ashna and Grey. It's served to harden him, because of what they asked him to do it drove him further away from his old ways rather than pulling him closer to relapse. He's starting to regain his confidence, and more determined than ever to find Erikor again. Also, reintroduced to drinking thanks to Calcifer :D

Relationship updates: Calcifer Crow (Bob_the_BuilderPet ), Ashna (solus ), Grey (Estes241 ), Jydorr (TurtlePrada )

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I have no idea what happened here- but woah there.
Also- *Salutes*

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
I have no idea what happened here- but woah there.
Also- *Salutes*
Uhm well remember when Ashna brought him to the temple place and had him draw blood over the stone urn thing if he swore to renounce his old ways and lead a life of faith to the Grey Lady and not enforce the idea of Dark Elves being sadistic scum?

Yea she basically asked him to go back to his old ways and enforce the idea of Dark Elves being sadistic scum. xD

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Roleplay and it's fickle ways- I'll go embrace the hate. I hope Vatticuss gets well soon/finds that runaway boy. ;-;

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Roleplay and it's fickle ways- I'll go embrace the hate. I hope Vatticuss gets well soon/finds that runaway boy. ;-;
There might be a chance for things to be slightly less bad between them. He'll undoubtedly come talk to her again before he leaves for good.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Ouch for Grey. rip. All he said was that it was weird that Erik wasn't seeking answers for the one who brutally and cruelly butchered his waifu/not waifu. What Erik did with that from there is all on Erik. Poor Estes241 xD

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Ouch for Grey. rip. All he said was that it was weird that Erik wasn't seeking answers for the one who brutally and cruelly butchered his waifu/not waifu. What Erik did with that from there is all on Erik. Poor Estes241 xD
Paranoid Vatticuss is Paranoid

And he still doesn't like Grey at all for what he asked Vatticuss and others to do. xD