Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Deceased Veriswen "Starstruck" Hun'rahel

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
I did a thing because I felt like it for the first time- it was just written on the fly to give the impression of the utter mess that is her mind right now.
Enjoy.

+~+~+~+~+​

Veriswen sat on the bed in the loft alone, her knees drawn into her chest and her face hidden against them. Outside she could hear the waves softly lapping against the stonework of the piers and the wooden docks and ships. She had told Tourmaline and Harley she would get some rest, but so far she had not even been able to lay herself down. A million thoughts were rushing through her head, a million possibilities that were the result of paranoid fear and distrust.

She must despise me. How long? Did she ever really like me? Had she just been waiting all that time for Ven to lose interest in me?

She kept reliving the moment where the words slipped from Tavia's lips in her mind. "You don't know Camila. In fact, you don't know Cymic, or me, or even Ven." Every time it felt like a dagger was thrust through her heart. How much truth was there to the words? "Or even Ven." Tavia had known Ventare longer, was Veris merely played for a fool the entire time?
She went back to the day in Halbed - the last day she had ever spent there - when this path was sealed for her. Ven sat across the table from her, tears streaking his own face. They were genuine, it was hard for him, she could tell. He did not want to hurt her, it was not his fault he felt the way he did. Veris did not want to hurt him either, she still cared for him.
She went to the day that she heard the news from Apple, that Ventare was in the hospital from a bear attack. Worry overcame her, she wanted to know that he was alright. That was when she decided she would push away her jealousy and her lingering love for Ven and do everything she could to be the friend he and Tav deserved.

I tried so hard... What did I do wrong? We were fine... We drank together, we enjoyed each other's company...

Veri remembered the time just a few days ago, when Tavia had asked her about Apple. Veri knew that she cared for the girl. There was enough there that Apple was bothered by Tavia avoiding her, no matter what the Sangrian woman said otherwise. There was enough there that Ven himself suggested Tavia approach the Azerwind princess and apologize. So why, then, did Tavia insist that it did not matter? She belittled it as though it was nothing, but it wasn't nothing. Veri had gone through the effort of convincing Tourmaline to give her a chance, and Tavia threw that chance away.
She continued through the scene again. Tavia insisted that Veri had no idea what Camila was going through, did not know her. Veri knew otherwise, she knew what it felt like to lose everything... to live a lonely life... for the person you love more than life itself to be taken from you in the most cruel way... Tavia didn't know. Veri had given her a chance to understand, she wanted her to understand, but Tav had pushed her away in anger, dismissing it as a typical sob story.

She said I was being selfish... by being scared, by making her deal with my fears... How does that make sense, she doesn't understand- she didn't want to understand!

"... Not even Ven." Anger started to flow through her. Veri gave a growl of anger, tears welling in her eyes again. Two seconds later, her knife was in her hand, the blade plunged into the pillow. It tore with a sickly sound, white feathers spilling from it. Her eyes went wide and she scrambled back, taking quick, deep breaths. She stared at where she left the knife, in the gaping wound in the pillow. That childish, selfish part of her thought it would fix everything... She had known it was there, nagging in the back of her mind quietly.

I don't have to kill Tav, just get rid of her. Drive her away, force her or trick her to go somewhere else-

She quickly shoved the thoughts from her mind. She buried her face in her hands, letting out a soft sob.

No. I can't. Ven doesn't deserve that, he deserves to be happy. My place isn't with them anymore. If Tav will not yield, then I have to stay away... For his sake.... I have to stay away... It's best. Tav won't be angry, Ven will be happy.

Her thoughts cleared again slowly as she sat there sobbing into her hands. She knew she had to move on and not let herself be enslaved to the man she still loved but who no longer returned that love. As she returned to the present, the sound of the sea outside drew her to look up. She stood and moved over to the window slowly, wiping tears from her eyes. There sat the crescent moon, its soft white light shining over the black water. She recalled a song from her childhood that she had learned about the moon, and started to softly sing it to herself, calming further. Then the thought finally hit her.

Tourmaline... the girl needs guidance, and good company. Tav is a lost cause for her... and with that being a problem, it's unlikely she will have Ven, either. I can focus on her for now... nothing else matters. I will certainly find something else, eventually... I just have to stay away...

Shao

Bring back angry react
I did a thing because I felt like it for the first time- it was just written on the fly to give the impression of the utter mess that is her mind right now.
Enjoy.

+~+~+~+~+​

Veriswen sat on the bed in the loft alone, her knees drawn into her chest and her face hidden against them. Outside she could hear the waves softly lapping against the stonework of the piers and the wooden docks and ships. She had told Tourmaline and Harley she would get some rest, but so far she had not even been able to lay herself down. A million thoughts were rushing through her head, a million possibilities that were the result of paranoid fear and distrust.

She must despise me. How long? Did she ever really like me? Had she just been waiting all that time for Ven to lose interest in me?

She kept reliving the moment where the words slipped from Tavia's lips in her mind. "You don't know Camila. In fact, you don't know Cymic, or me, or even Ven." Every time it felt like a dagger was thrust through her heart. How much truth was there to the words? "Or even Ven." Tavia had known Ventare longer, was Veris merely played for a fool the entire time?
She went back to the day in Halbed - the last day she had ever spent there - when this path was sealed for her. Ven sat across the table from her, tears streaking his own face. They were genuine, it was hard for him, she could tell. He did not want to hurt her, it was not his fault he felt the way he did. Veris did not want to hurt him either, she still cared for him.
She went to the day that she heard the news from Apple, that Ventare was in the hospital from a bear attack. Worry overcame her, she wanted to know that he was alright. That was when she decided she would push away her jealousy and her lingering love for Ven and do everything she could to be the friend he and Tav deserved.

I tried so hard... What did I do wrong? We were fine... We drank together, we enjoyed each other's company...

Veri remembered the time just a few days ago, when Tavia had asked her about Apple. Veri knew that she cared for the girl. There was enough there that Apple was bothered by Tavia avoiding her, no matter what the Sangrian woman said otherwise. There was enough there that Ven himself suggested Tavia approach the Azerwind princess and apologize. So why, then, did Tavia insist that it did not matter? She belittled it as though it was nothing, but it wasn't nothing. Veri had gone through the effort of convincing Tourmaline to give her a chance, and Tavia threw that chance away.
She continued through the scene again. Tavia insisted that Veri had no idea what Camila was going through, did not know her. Veri knew otherwise, she knew what it felt like to lose everything... to live a lonely life... for the person you love more than life itself to be taken from you in the most cruel way... Tavia didn't know. Veri had given her a chance to understand, she wanted her to understand, but Tav had pushed her away in anger, dismissing it as a typical sob story.

She said I was being selfish... by being scared, by making her deal with my fears... How does that make sense, she doesn't understand- she didn't want to understand!

"... Not even Ven." Anger started to flow through her. Veri gave a growl of anger, tears welling in her eyes again. Two seconds later, her knife was in her hand, the blade plunged into the pillow. It tore with a sickly sound, white feathers spilling from it. Her eyes went wide and she scrambled back, taking quick, deep breaths. She stared at where she left the knife, in the gaping wound in the pillow. That childish, selfish part of her thought it would fix everything... She had known it was there, nagging in the back of her mind quietly.

I don't have to kill Tav, just get rid of her. Drive her away, force her or trick her to go somewhere else-

She quickly shoved the thoughts from her mind. She buried her face in her hands, letting out a soft sob.

No. I can't. Ven doesn't deserve that, he deserves to be happy. My place isn't with them anymore. If Tav will not yield, then I have to stay away... For his sake.... I have to stay away... It's best. Tav won't be angry, Ven will be happy.

Her thoughts cleared again slowly as she sat there sobbing into her hands. She knew she had to move on and not let herself be enslaved to the man she still loved but who no longer returned that love. As she returned to the present, the sound of the sea outside drew her to look up. She stood and moved over to the window slowly, wiping tears from her eyes. There sat the crescent moon, its soft white light shining over the black water. She recalled a song from her childhood that she had learned about the moon, and started to softly sing it to herself, calming further. Then the thought finally hit her.

Tourmaline... the girl needs guidance, and good company. Tav is a lost cause for her... and with that being a problem, it's unlikely she will have Ven, either. I can focus on her for now... nothing else matters. I will certainly find something else, eventually... I just have to stay away...
Ho boi

Samiwashere

Soul stealer
Retired Staff
Samiwashere
Samiwashere
Legend
Enjoy.

+~+~+~+~+​

:3

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
Enjoy.

+~+~+~+~+​

Beautiful writing! A really compelling read. :D