Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Vikings

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
The History channel has come out with a new series, Vikings. Its a show about the Scandinavians just as they begun to raid Europe. Its quite good for a mostly historically accurate show, and I assure you its not a documentary.

Anyone else here watch it?
You can view their episodes on http://www.history.com/shows/vikings

frank frappuccino

Lord of Altera
I will check it out on the morrows but, I highly doubt I will watch it all, simply because I would be annoyed by the fact that it's not historically correct.

CaptainNips

Villager
I watched it... I enjoy it enough but... meh, it's decent

The story is entertaining but the dialogue can be quite annoying. A little bit "on-the-knows". For example, an angry viking chick shouts while swinging a sword, " I am SO angry at you!" XD much of the speech is certainly laughable

Arken

is Barken
ArkenGuard
ArkenGuard
Good
I quite agree. I've always been interested with Norse legends and tales, and never has threre ever really been a show that captures their travels, and how the Vikings really were.
EDIT: I say this because there is a viking festival in my town every year, and they make vikings out too be these heroes. When really all they did was pillage, steal, and enslave woman and children.

CaptainNips

Villager
I quite agree. I've always been interested with Norse legends and tales, and never has threre ever really been a show that captures their travels, and how the Vikings really were.
EDIT: I say this because there is a viking festival in my town every year, and they make vikings out too be these heroes. When really all they did was pillage, steal, and enslave woman and children.
Very true, many viking movies and shows glorify vikings or are rather cheesy XD. If you want accurate and good Viking entertainment then i recommend the "Saxon Stories", by Bernard Cornwell. They're historical fiction books set around the Danish Invasion of England. But I still have yet to find a perfect show though... :/