Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Wandering Footsteps - The Journal of Aeor

Cosmik

Villager
[[ This is a roleplay journal of my character that'll be updated as I interact with other characters in Altera. All information inside is for reading purposes only, and using it without properly learning it in-game is metagaming. So don't do it. Or I'll cut you. ]]

Entry 1/Intro

Found this empty book lying by a path today by some trash. I don't think anyone wants it, and it was going to rain soon so I took it. There's nothing wrong with taking something nobody wants, right? Maybe there is. I'm not sure. Either way, it's mine now so I can write things in it once things happen for me to write about.

I guess I can start by talking about myself... my name's Aeor. I know for a fact that Aeor is my name, and it was given to me by whoever my parents were. I'm a human man - I know that too. But there's not much else I really know. I remember what it was like when I was little, bits and pieces here and there. It was nice and sunny and colorful. And I felt like a cloud. But somewhere between the happy and now came something else. I can't remember how things went so bad, but I remember what it was like. Again, just bits and pieces. It was dark and cold, and there were these Bad People that scared me and the others. Some were human and some weren't human, like elves or other things.

And they hurt us. They hurt us so much in so many ways. I remember being stretched over machines, burned with red-hot metal, drowned in water. And sometimes they'd put things in what little food they gave us. And there was this one old man who could do things with his mind... he could look at somebody and control how they felt or what they saw. He scared us the most, and I think even some of the Bad People didn't like him either.But they didn't care about how we felt They cared about how we felt, but not in the good way like someone would try to make things better. It was like when I would hold a piece of glass in the sun and burn insects to see what would happen. They just wanted to watch us. And if one of us died they would just use the body to hurt us more. I kept asking them what I did wrong to be hurt but they would just throw something at me to keep me quiet.

But one day... something happened. More people came out of nowhere with weapons and armor, breaking through walls and smashing through doors. Everything was loud with the sounds of the Bad People being cut down like plants and the Newcomers taking us all away. I really can't remember much about them. They kept me in a place like the cold place, but it was warm and comforting somewhat. The last thing I remember about that sort of place was these old men like the other old man. They strapped me to a chair and started screaming strange words, and I felt like my head was coming apart. They were getting really frustrated about me. Was I doing something wrong? Was I being punished?

Then... I woke up. In the grove with the Sisterhood.

Ever since then, I've been wandering. Wandering with no place to go. I don't know where anything is anymore, and I really didn't know much when I was little, either. I can remember everything backwards until I woke up, but everything else is muddled. Maybe it was the thing the old men did to me. I don't know.

I guess I'll just wander until something happens or I find my way back home...

Entry 2

It's been awhile since I wrote about something, mainly because there hasn't been anything to write about. I've just been walking and walking. I did find this one hot-air balloon that took me really far, though - that was neat. But earlier today I found someone.

It was really cold there - even colder than the dark place. There was snow and ice and mountains wherever you looked. I was walking through this valley when I found a large tower. Leading away from this tower was a pathway that led to some large walls. My heart started beating faster and I hurried down to find a big wooden gate. Inside the gate there were a few buildings and other things. Warm things. Then...this woman walked out and started talking to me through the gate. She was pretty but she looked at me really weirdly, asking why I was there. I asked if I could come in and she said that I couldn't be trusted yet. Then she disappeared! Reappeared right next to me!

She looked at me and asked if I was good or evil. I... I just stood there. I mean, I'm not like one of the Bad People, but they were punishing me for something, right? So was I bad? The thought confused me. When I didn't give an answer, she groaned and walked away. So I just left, and kept wandering in the mountains. There's a storm outside but this cave is keeping me safe...

... Am I good? Am I evil?

Entry 3

I have a home now.

As I was wondering today, I found a city of people. They lived in and around massive trees, and the lands looked nice and inviting. As I was walking, a man came out of nowhere on a porch and started talking to me. He was wearing long robes, and he had black hair with burning red eyes. You would think that he is frightening, but he was actually relaxed and helpful. We talked and eventually he let me inside his home, where he introduced himself as Basil. Then we talked more about things, all sorts of things. He wasn't like the woman - he was nice and willing to talk. After awhile, he told me the most amazing thing: he wanted to make me his apprentice! I couldn't believe it! He showed me around the home and told me my duties. Simple things, like cleaning and dusting.

Then he took me to the other part of the house, the part where he said I would learn "The Job". He pushed a button and suddenly there was light everywhere, leading to all sorts of hallways and rooms. He told me to follow him down and we walked down the long paths to reach one room in particular.

There was a heavy iron door, and some iron bars showing inside. The room floors were lined with bloody red rock, and it smelled terrible. But what surprised me was who was inside - the woman from the cold mountains! The one who asked me if I was good or evil! She was lying there, crying. Basil then begin accusing her of stealing from the town, which she said was a lie. The man turned to me and said "In this job, you need to be ruthless." Then he pressed a button on the wall. Instantly, the red rock was on fire and so was the woman. She ran around screaming as she was burned by the small blast that went away after a second or two, huddling on the floor and crying. She was still whispering that she was innocent...but I stopped her.

I started getting mad at her and my voice got louder without me even really caring. She stole from ME, I know that much. She left me in the cold after asking confusing questions, so she clearly wasn't that good herself. How could she reject someone who hurts so much? How could she claim to be good when she doesn't even CARE about the suffering I face?! HOW?!

Basil pressed the button again and the floor was fire again. And she burned, again. And she fell to the floor, again. Then Basil began to smile. He pulled out a long, curved knife and told me to shut the door behind him as he entered. I did as I was told. He laughed at her as he explained that some areas of the body hurt but don't kill as he started cutting along her arm and hand. Her screams hurt my ears... before long, she passed out and fell to the floor with a thud. I let Basil out and he told me to come back later with a bucket of fresh water for the prisoner. We left after that.

He showed me to my room next. We were both a little tired after that whole thing, but I was tired from my anger and Basil seemed almost bored. I looked around for a second and decided that I liked the room, after all, this is my first one. We went back upstairs to his fireplace and relaxed for awhile before he told me that he had one last thing for me. He gave me his last gift - a set of black robes as new clothes. They're much better than my old clothes.

So finally, here I am in new clothes in a nice warm room. Writing in my journal, which is what used to be the only thing that would listen. But now I'm an apprentice to something. Now I'm the one with the warm, and the woman's the one hurting. It felt odd watching her burn because I was in her position so many years ago, but my punishment is over... I mean, IF they were punishing me. She deserved the hurt, which makes it fine.

I think I'll go to sleep now. I need it.