Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Wanted: Camp Auditor for Kaer Morhen

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Hiring Camp Auditor-Kaer Morhen.png

Marr is in need of a Camp Auditor for their Eastern border fort, Kaer Morhen. A Camp Auditor is a military officer who is in charge of a Military Outpost or Fort. The reason we need the positon of Auditor filled is because Kaer Morhen is intended to be a "Boot Camp" for the Turien Empire.

If you wish to be the Camp Auditor of Kaer Morhen, you must be experienced and proven in combat. That being said. Anyone currently in Marr's Legion can apply to be Auditor. Or, if you are currently not in Marr, don't worry. You can create or join Marr with your character and you will be given the proper training to fill the post.
So,
Who is eligible?
  • Current members of Marr's Legion
  • Any current character willing to join Marr
  • A character created for this role
  • I would not be closed to the idea of a Lavoyardian being Auditor, altho I prefer a Marr.

Requirments:
  • Prove to be trained and capable enough in Combat
  • Enlist in the Legion
  • Hold loyalty to the Turein Empire and even more importantly, House Marr
Duties of Camp Auditor:
  • Bring RP to the Region
  • Organize training events and work with other members of Turia in high standing to do so.
  • Occasionally scout the land around the Fort (for RP sake most of the time.)
  • Help keep the overall feel of RP in Kaer. That being Soldiers stationed in a remote location away from home, either training or keeping watch over our borders
Benefits:
  • OOCFree Healthcare
  • Fun RP
  • Chance to possibly lead a small RP group
  • Respect in the Turien Military
OOC information:
Kaer Morhen is a region OOCly owned by @shelly but ICly owned and occupied by Marr.
No edits to the region is to be made without Shelly's permission although all requests and recommendations will be listened to.

Exhibit of my horrible Screenshot taking skills, T-Pack is LB PhotoRealism
2015-04-25_13.01.27.png
2015-04-25_13.05.42.png

Tagging Important people:

@Valonyx
@Kyle1322
@Fraser028
@BarbarianGaming
Feel free to give recommendations for the position and create dates for training events.
@jayo53

The reason why we need this Auditor position filled is because Kaer Morhen is intended to be a "Boot Camp" for the Legions of Turia.

Hey Tybalt, I've never seen the use of "Camp Auditor" like this before. Out of pure curiosity, do you mind maybe informing me of the etymology of the term?

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Hey Tybalt, I've never seen the use of "Camp Auditor" like this before. Out of pure curiosity, do you mind maybe informing me of the etymology of the term?
Camp Auditor was a position in the Roman military. It is basically a camp director, almost like a mayor except for military camps and forts and the like. There was no rank as a Camp Auditor. A centurion or another high rank of the Roman Legion would be appointed as the Camp Auditor for a specific place. Altho I am possibly giving it out as if it was its own special rank in itself.
xD Alot of stuff of Marr, especially the military takes inspiration from Rome's culture and the Latin language.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
Camp Auditor was a position in the Roman military. It is basically a camp director, almost like a mayor except for military camps and forts and the like. There was no rank as a Camp Auditor. A centurion or another high rank of the Roman Legion would be appointed as the Camp Auditor for a specific place. Altho I am possibly giving it out as if it was its own special rank in itself.
xD Alot of stuff of Marr, especially the military takes inspiration from Rome's culture and the Latin language.
like most of the Arcturian states that followed after the great collapse.

I see. Do you mind sending me your sources on this? I'm still curious, as I don't seen any references as such. An auditor doesn't usually /run/ anything except audits, and audit is associated with "hearing". My understanding is that back then an auditor was one who listens or sees things and reports back with that information rather than one who actually conducts the drills or runs the fort. So, naturally, I'm very curious to see where I went wrong here.

edit: audit is related to the words auditorium and audio.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I appealed for the name change when the region was first announced, can I do it again? Kaer Mohren is a place in the Witcher universe... Why not just toss two random Welsh words together and get a name?