Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Warhammer Fantasy Adventure

Bardin

Legend of Altera
Hey all, I recently created a role playing group for Warhammer Fantasy and I am the Game Master. The entire group is new to role playing itself. I am not new to the player aspect of role playing but I am new to the Game Mastering of it. So I wrote a small starter adventure. I would really appreciate feedback and or comments, be them negative or positive. Don't forget, I'm new to Game Mastering, or for those who like to call it Dungeon Mastering. And this is kind of like a GM script. So... If it doesn't make sense... I can understand. And it's all over the place...

Game starts with GM telling players about the letter and reading it out.

"Dear Adventurer,

It has come to my attention that you are seasoned travelers who seek fame and fortune. Our town has been having terrible nightmares as of late and they reveal the destruction of our town. I might ask you to please look into this and we may strike a deal. I will provide further information about our troubles if you would so kindly pay us a visit and possibly a solution.

Mayor Kuster of the town Nindleburg"

Then players advance the guards. Guard says: "Halt! Who goes there?"
-Oh it's you, the adventurers the Mayor sent for. Well, you can find him in his house beside the blacksmith in the south western part of town.
-We're guards...
-Coming through eh? Well you travelers came at a bad time. Nightmares and disappearances have been taking place. -You want more details, go see the mayor beside the blacksmith in the south western part of town

Players go see the mayor, "Oh thank Sigmar you came, these nightmares have been getting worse by the day."
-Mmm yes, well. There have been a number of disappearances lately. An entire family gone! One at a time they disappeared. Unlucky fellows.
-The dreams have been of our town falling and all of us dying and becoming, becoming a monster...
-I'm afraid that's all I know, but if you want more you might as well go to the Tavern and ask around there. While you're there, you might as well rest up and eat, tomorrow's going to be a long day.

-As for a deal, you do this and we will gladly pay you for your troubles and equipment. 30 gold crowns for your services to split amongst yourselves. 35? 40? I'm not going past 40...

PCs (Playable Characters) go to tavern and either 1)ask around, 2)buy a meal and rent a room(s). They fall asleep.
Narration: "At about 2:00am you start having a dream, this dream is one of the famous "nightmares." You see from a man's perspective as his town slowly burns and "monsters" are tackling and feasting on corpses. The guards try to desperately fight these unholy creatures off but are dropping like flies. You watch as your family is taken by the monsters and be dismembered. You look around and grab a pitchfork. You turn around to see two of these monsters up close, you can't see their faces, they seem to be silhouetted. Before you can react, one of the monsters disarms you while the other grabs you. The first one starts tearing at you. You wake up with a start, cold sweat drips from your face. You now know what the locals here saw."

1) If players ask around they will find out that A) they should talk to Haug "AllSeeing" Wulf. B) that Haug saw one of the disappeared family members being dragged into the abandoned house in the south eastern part of town. You might want to check in with the mayor.

2) Players go downstairs for breakfast and are approached by one, Haug "AllSeeing" Wulf. He directs them to the abandoned house.

Players may now return to the mayor where they will be directed to shops before heading there. Or they may shop then go to house or just go to house.

Narration" You approach the house slowly. You aren't sure what to expect. The house looks run down and vines climb the walls. The wood of this house is half rotted and cracked. You carefully open the door and see just an empty room with nothing but cobwebs, chairs, tables and some junk."

PCs can make an intelligence check after searching the place for awhile. If they all fail, then a wind blows the door open and lifts the carpet a bit but enough to reveal light coming from under the carpet. If someone succeeds, they may point it out to group. They lift the carpet and discover a trap door. They open it and descend.

They are surprised to see six tombs laid out over the floor and one big tomb on the wall. Dwarven characters may make an intelligence check at -10 penalty. Or they can take 100 and search the tomb completely. (If either succeeds, they discover that the wall tomb is bolted into the wall.) If they do this then a group of 6 zombies will ambush them. But they find that the tomb on the wall leads to another underground part. They continue to descend into the darkness.

They reach the lower part and can now hear chanting. They see a door separates them from the chanting. They can either barge in stunning the Cultists and have first initiative. If they sneak in then they will also have first initiative unless the leader spots them. Should players succeed and search the altar they will find 5 gc and a dagger covered in blood. Should they examine the dagger, they will see nothing important.

they start back up the stairs and if they haven't fought the zombies yet, the zombies will reinforce the other ones outside. They players return to the mayor and report. The mayor congratulates them and pays them, a man then runs inside yelling about the "monsters". Players will then go back outside to see zombies and guards fighting.

The mayor then thanks them once again. (It's supposed to go on but I didn't write that part yet)

Bardin

Legend of Altera
Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k are the best. I prefer Fantasy ever so slightly, though, for obvious reasons.
Aye, you know it, I played as a dwarf named Grumm from clan Hammerfist in Warhammer Fantasy. I had full plate armor and a dual wielded, double head axe that did a ton of damage. And nothing but an Ulric's fury would hurt me. I chopped demons in half and saves the world from horrible chaos spawns. But thats bragging. And I wanted to be a GM... You ever had any cool characters in Fantasy?

Sos

Lord of Altera
would love to get into the lore of warhammer, i mostly spend my time in the far future but the old world does have allot to offer....

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
I had a Slaaneshi Warrior with plate and favor of the gods, he had a sword and a shield, he got killed by my friends Warrior Priest

Edit: He was called André

Last edited:

Bardin

Legend of Altera
I had a Slaaneshi Warrior with plate and favor of the gods, he had a sword and a shield, he got killed by my friends Warrior Priest

Edit: He was called André
Jeez, that sucks. And at the same time ,nice. My group and I had the cross symbols of Ulfric and Sigmar. A wolf holding a hammer.