Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Weather

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I don't know much about weather patterns so I'm sorry for general incorrect-ness!

*Ahem*

snowfall.jpg

Noticeably increased Snowfall within the northern plains, regions within this area would find snow soft but continuously falling in thick layers.

Anyone native or long-term residents of the frozen north would be aware that this snow means there's high chances of an avalanche and their homes being buried within the ice.

Anyone south and southeast of the snowstorm would be aware of the air being much colder than usual, as expected of the coming winter although the chill is much earlier than usual. The cold air would NOT reach passed the southeastern mountains, towns within the jungle would be unaware of any weather changes.

You don't need to RP about this or be aware or cause any damage to structures, it's entirely the players/town owners choice. This is simple a storm/natural disaster where a few avalanches will collapse within the mountains and probably crush some towns *subtle*.

This snowstorm will last 3-5 days

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I don't know much about weather patterns so I'm sorry for general incorrect-ness!

*Ahem*

View attachment 67793

Noticeably increased Snowfall within the northern plains, regions within this area would find snow soft but continuously falling in thick layers.

Anyone native or long-term residents of the frozen north would be aware that this snow means there's high chances of an avalanche and their homes being buried within the ice.

Anyone south and southeast of the snowstorm would be aware of the air being much colder than usual, as expected of the coming winter although the chill is much earlier than usual. The cold air would NOT reach passed the southeastern mountains, towns within the jungle would be unaware of any weather changes.

You don't need to RP about this or be aware or cause any damage to structures, it's entirely the players/town owners choice. This is simple a storm/natural disaster where a few avalanches will collapse within the mountains and probably crush some towns *subtle*.

This snowstorm will last 3-5 days
This idea, I have always thought of doing this, but never got around it because I lacked the tools to paint a map, but I love it!

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
This idea, I have always thought of doing this, but never got around it because I lacked the tools to paint a map, but I love it!
I had to get lore approval fer natural disasters :D, unless yer want to do normal storms/tides/rainfall then you might not need it, I'd recommend double checking with lore-guys though!

Also if you need maps, there's tayohuds drawn maps and I can throw you the file I got here without the purple mark if yer'd like it~

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I had to get lore approval fer natural disasters :D, unless yer want to do normal storms/tides/rainfall then you might not need it, I'd recommend double checking with lore-guys though!

Also if you need maps, there's tayohuds drawn maps and I can throw you the file I got here without the purple mark if yer'd like it~
What I had in mind was creating a map that showed the normal weather statuses, like-

Azerport
10-25 degrees in celsius.
Occasionally heavy winds and short heavy rains

Or something like that

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I RP Azerports weather corresponding to where I live (Hail Florida) since Azerports climate wildlife/etc. is much like Panama City and the rest of the panhandle. Fortunately/unfortunately there hasn't been any heavy Hurricanes that have hit lately.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
I RP Azerports weather corresponding to where I live (Hail Florida) since Azerports climate wildlife/etc. is much like Panama City and the rest of the panhandle. Fortunately/unfortunately there hasn't been any heavy Hurricanes that have hit lately.
How does that correspond with Altera's seasons? Kinda makes no sense if it's suddenly winter during Alteran summertime. XD

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
How does that correspond with Altera's seasons? Kinda makes no sense if it's suddenly winter during Alteran summertime. XD
Because we treat the seasons in Altera like we do in irl? Check the season calendar in the life of its there.

Florida's summer time is Alteras summertime. And our winters are really just slightly chillier, been a tad worse the past couple years though

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I believe I mentioned this in a suggestion thread a while back, or at least something similar and was met with disdain or "do it yourself". Needless to say I am quite pleased that this is happening.

Last edited:

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
I believe I mentioned this in a suggestion thread a while back, or at least something similar and was met with disdain or "do it yourself". Needless to say I am quite pleased that this happening.
It'd be a neat thing to have occur more often.

Also, some staff members lack tact and aren't open to new ideas.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I believe I mentioned this in a suggestion thread a while back, or at least something similar and was met with disdain or "do it yourself". Needless to say I am quite pleased that this happening.
It'd be a neat thing to have occur more often.

Also, some staff members lack tact and aren't open to new ideas.
Uhm- just to clarify, I've done this like a player could, I didn't just jump on the forums and post this right away, I stewed over it for a while to decide whether I wanted to do it or not. I contacted Cherry and told her what I wanted to do and asked what my limitations were, my main question I believe was "How often could I have a natural disaster in Altera?" (And of course "Could I have a natural disaster in Altera, like flooding or avalanches.")

The rest is left up to the players and town owners, if they want to rp that it's colder than usual, they can, if they want to flood their snowy town with a few blocks of snow, that's up to them to join in, I'm not forcing anyone and simply did this to give an excuse for some towns rapidly disappearing/becoming ruins. I'll only be doing this for the month of September and don't particularly plan on doing it again after that unless I feel the urge to violently flood an inactive town.

Last thing- promise. The reason why the suggestion was thrown down quickly was because it's something that could be done by players, so staff don't have to handle it. Sure, damage can't be done as easily, but the only damage I'm doing is part of the region full refunds thing(which was previously discussed and approved by other staff members). If I did this on a whim in the future, I wouldn't wreck/ruin anything, I'd just say it's happening.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Uhm- just to clarify, I've done this like a player could, I didn't just jump on the forums and post this right away, I stewed over it for a while to decide whether I wanted to do it or not. I contacted Cherry and told her what I wanted to do and asked what my limitations were, my main question I believe was "How often could I have a natural disaster in Altera?" (And of course "Could I have a natural disaster in Altera, like flooding or avalanches.")

The rest is left up to the players and town owners, if they want to rp that it's colder than usual, they can, if they want to flood their snowy town with a few blocks of snow, that's up to them to join in, I'm not forcing anyone and simply did this to give an excuse for some towns rapidly disappearing/becoming ruins. I'll only be doing this for the month of September and don't particularly plan on doing it again after that unless I feel the urge to violently flood an inactive town.

Last thing- promise. The reason why the suggestion was thrown down quickly was because it's something that could be done by players, so staff don't have to handle it. Sure, damage can't be done as easily, but the only damage I'm doing is part of the region full refunds thing(which was previously discussed and approved by other staff members). If I did this on a whim in the future, I wouldn't wreck/ruin anything, I'd just say it's happening.
(I didn't mean over this situation, Sal :heart: I was just being salty over other things.)

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
2015-09-10_09.30.41.png
Ensamhet fell under ruin as an avalanche from the nearby mountain bought suffocating amounts of snow down on the fort, the walls crumbled easily from the flood. Both ceiling and walls fallen and sunk into the underground.