Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Who thinks Halo shouldn't be rated M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
This has been driving me insane for the past year. I don't know why though, because even if I convinced my parents that it shouldn't be M, I'd still have to persuade them to get me an Xbox 360.

The Halo game series should not be rated M in my opinion. Well, Halo: Reach anyways. The games that involve the Flood get pretty dang bloody. Other than that, it shouldn't be rated M. There's almost no swearing and very little blood normally.

By the way, I am aware that Halo is an amazing game and that is why this has been driving me insane. My friends have it and I'd play it with them except my parents don't seem to believe me that it shouldn't be rated M. They're paranoid like that. Believe me, I love the storyline, I think it's one of the best plots of modern gaming. And the graphics and fighting is epic and awesome.

Who agrees and disagrees?

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
I normally don't post in the gaming forums but, this is stupid, the ESRB are adults, and they know how to treat games correctly.
Will post why it is M soon.

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Ok, looked it up.
Full ESRB report.

Platform: Xbox 360
Rating: Mature

Content descriptors: Blood, Violence

Rating summary:
This is a first-person shooter in which players engage in futuristic battles against invading aliens. Players use pistols, sniper rifles, machine guns, grenade launchers, and swords to kill enemies during frequent and fast-paced combat. Characters are occasionally impaled on glowing swords, and aliens can be seen stabbing fallen figures during some battle sequences. Gun fights are highlighted by realistic gunfire sound effects, explosions, and screams of pain. Human and alien characters emit spurts of blood when injured; players are able to shoot dead enemies, causing more blood to splash out. Blood is sometimes depicted on the walls and ground.

Online Notice:
Includes online features that may expose players to unrated user-generated content (Xbox 360)
That's the main reason above me.

matyio

The original mute
Just to make things simpler, I'd a game has violence then it will be rated at a more mature level, than say, a game about racing cars.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Yes, but in this case there is honestly less blood than Call of Duty (which by the way honestly sucks). Rarely is there very much blood.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Halo doesn't involve dismemberment very much. Of what I've heard, there's plenty of dismemberment in TF2. And anyway, Halo isn't really any more violent than the first CoD games, which were T.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Anyway, just opinion. My friends and I personally don't think it should be M, but that's just our opinion.

matyio

The original mute
Just to let you know, t and m are basically the same rating. I think it was either two different companies or a change of categories (I think companies) that caused it.

KatiePaws

Hollows Explorer
Im pretty sure that MW2 was made an 18/M mainly due to the scenes of execution (no russian, part where roach and ghost are burnt alive) which tbh is a very good reason. As to halo. Im pretty sure there is an execution now? (i hate the game but have played it a bit) and also as said in a previous post, aliens killing injured soldiers. That's not something that someone under the age of 18 should be seeing in my opinion. Even though Im only 17 and have seen far worse things. Remembering that these rating companies are catering for the entire population not just gamers who go around t-bagging dead bodies XD

Danie_D

Lord of Altera
Halo doesn't involve dismemberment very much. Of what I've heard, there's plenty of dismemberment in TF2. And anyway, Halo isn't really any more violent than the first CoD games, which were T.
Well, TF2 is comic violence. Even if there is dismemberment and blood, it's so over the top (i.e. Monty Python "Black Knight" level) that it's not the same as soldiers crawling for their lives and being mercilessly stabbed.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Can an admin lock this please? I didn't mean for this to turn into a big debate, I just wanted to hear some other people's opinions.

Remember last time, admins, remember last time...

itsemiel

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Well, TF2 is comic violence. Even if there is dismemberment and blood, it's so over the top (i.e. Monty Python "Black Knight" level) that it's not the same as soldiers crawling for their lives and being mercilessly stabbed.
Not to mention the exploding bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.