Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

World of Tanks/Warplanes

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Hey there!

Just posting this thread to inform you I'm looking to from a HollowPlatoon or a HollowFlight on one of these two games. If you play, or want to play, I use the username jakp251.

matyio

The original mute
I used to play but world of tanks became pay to win which irritated me, and worlld of warplanes was just boring, I much prefer the game warthunder for its arial combat and its ground forces are looking to be something I'd like as well. still world of tanks is an alright game.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I used to play but world of tanks became pay to win .
This is now also a discussion on the game.

They've changed it around recently so that the ammo can be bought without gold. It's leveling the playing field, even if premium ammo is still extremely expensive.

matyio

The original mute
yeah when I played it I like playing my russian at-1 tank mostly for the credits and I'd grinded up and got a camo net i mounted on it (i had better tank destroyers) but i kept getting one shot due to premium ammo facerollers. but in general I don't feel like world of tanks respects my time, i play for fun and if it takes me 200 games at 10 minutes a piece to get to a tank i want to drive while padding the way with mediocre tanks, then i lose interest. world of warplanes I've read reviews and seen videos of, looks the same. I'll open a discussion on warthunder though.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
I have been playing World of Tanks for a while. From my experience its been pretty balanced. I've not had any serious issues with pay-to-win. If you want to make a platoon im in. I mostly use tanks of tiers 5 and 7 at the moment, so if you are only up to tier 3 or 4 its probably not the best idea XD

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
I assume you're on the North American server, right?

My account on that one is maxed at tier 4 so far, but I'll give it a shot.

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
I prefer warthunder, the matchmaking on WOT annoyed me as i couldnt get into a game where i wasnt cannon fodder...

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Got Tiers 2, 5, 7 and 8. I'm on US server because I was stupid back in the day >_>
Gotta love the German TDs. I have the Jagdpanther 2 as my current best, bought it couple of days ago. But the recently released German TD line is my biggest issue - overpowered guns all across the board. It doesn't matter that they have low armour if you can't derp them with equal tier tanks for the most part, and they most certainly can.

But yeah, it's an all right game. I may end up transmitting to War Thunder when tanks come out but I doubt I'll completely stop playing WoT.

matyio

The original mute
Guys talking about warthunder, there is a thread for it now, if you wanna talk about it more go there ok?

JustTooRadical

Lord of Altera
Jakp25 is playing it right now. He is rushing with Artillery, and talking random French in real life.
I think it has...
Changed him.