Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

X-ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Martin

Loyal Servant of Altera
Apparently I've been banned on the server for "X-ray". Not sure why though, I don't even know what it is. I've put time into this server and you read my application which I also put time into writting. I want to play on this sever with my friends, I wouldn't exactly waste it on cheating or anything. I'm asuming x-ray let's you see through things.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
We'll see what Sally says when she spots the appeal, I'll check logs later too if she hasn't been on when I get home.

mistii xray SallyPirate 2011-11-09 09:11:53 Permanent

Daniel Martin

Loyal Servant of Altera
Probobly thought I was cheating because me and my mate found a shed load of Diamonds. But ok I don't mind waiting, since I didn't do anything wrong.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Im guessing there must have been something else suspicious? such as direct tunnels or the like?

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Checked the logs, it's pretty clear cut especially after visiting the areas and using hawk to query individual blocks to see how it was mined. I'm sorry Mistii but either you were x-raying or the person you were with was (weegill) was. The rate you've gathered diamonds is an indicator but it's not the main reason I've come to this conclusion. It's the way both of you have mined through rock directly to diamond ores on so many occassions, altering path to it or or just deciding for no apparent reason to mine directly to it when you haven't mined anywhere else in that location and have ignored other ore types nearby to get to the diamond ore. You've also cleared out the diamond in an area before going and looking for more elsewhere. What I really, really don't understand is why you chose diamond ore, when gold ore gives more of a reward for the time put in.

On one occassion the pair of you even tunnel downwards on a twisting stair type slope to get to diamond ore, then ignore the iron ore right next to it - then leave that area completely as there's no diamond ore nearby.

2011-11-09 00:22:23 > 2011-11-09 00:31:12
This period you mined (only you, not counting the ones Weegill got in the same time frame and same area) you collected 19 diamond ore breaks.

2011-11-09 00:10:54 > 2011-11-09 00:18:11
Just a few moments earlier you (again not counting Weegill who was also collecting in the same place) got 23 diamond ores.

If anyone on this server would like to show me them mining 42 diamond ore breaks in the period of 20 mins (rounding up to be generous) I'd happy come watch. Also guys, 1 in 3.5 blocks you broke in that period was a diamond ore - and you were digging through rock to get to it.

The method of mining is clearly X-ray. I've heard the "I don't even know what X-ray is" quite a few times since becoming an admin, I'd really appreciate someone just putting their hands up and promising not to do it again for a change.

weegill's seems to have been doing most of the digging in this time period which is why I'm not immediately denying your appeal, I'd like to see other peoples comments. You picked up most of the diamond (within that time frame) but he did most of the donkey work - actually getting you to the ores.

I have attached a report on diamond ore breaks (all 188 of them) for the 3 hour period.

Attachments

Arkkaine

Admiral of the Warstrom Fleet
Its obvious that X-Ray has been used. There's no doubt about that, half pretty much ripped you apart on that front.

It's certainly possible that Weegill was the one using X-Ray, and that you were just along for the ride, but even someone who doesn't know what X-Ray is would soon realize that the amount of diamond you were finding couldn't just be luck.

So even if you didn't directly use X-Ray (And I'm pretty sure you did), you would still in the wrong for tagging along (and benefiting from it), with knowledge of what he was doing.

So best case scenario would still likely result in a ban.

I think the ban should stay.

Avery Thomas

Sorrows Warrior
I think weegil is/was the one using X-ray, and that misti was possibly just with the wrong person.

Basically, a stack of diamonds per hour. Sounds like a lot, but to me, when I actually think about it, it's not too much if you're extremely luckily..

Overall, same thing as first sentence.

Arkkaine

Admiral of the Warstrom Fleet
64 an hour? Lucky? At most i get 25-30 in an hour, 40 on a fluke.

EDIT: In fact i'd say 15-20, 30-35 on a fluke.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I reckon a temp ban for mist and weeg, on the front that if we so much catch a whisper of xray again they are gone, maybe im just going soft...

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Well I did suspect that Weegill was the one using xray and mistii was just following him around. I mean, all weegill would have to go is "Hey dig here." and mistii would be on the suspect list.
But Halfmad did brilliant research and found far more than I did, I only found places where weegill assisted you. So I think the ban should stay.

I also make sure to double and triple confirm xray digging spots, so I don't ban for no reason ;D

SqueeGurl

Le Original Queen
Well I did suspect that Weegill was the one using xray and mistii was just following him around. I mean, all weegill would have to go is "Hey dig here." and mistii would be on the suspect list.
But Halfmad did brilliant research and found far more than I did, I only found places where weegill assisted you. So I think the ban should stay.

I also make sure to double and triple confirm xray digging spots, so I don't ban for no reason ;D
The Seekers and *ahem* Queen Squee (le gasp, I was there for it) Strike Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.