Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Yes we took something. Yes it's our problem. [Temp ban - No appeal needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haroall

Lord of Altera
Good evening, Haroall & Connie here.

I hereby write all the staff members involved within the situation. Nobody else. Yes, we were in the Royal Library and saw chests just laying there. We took a peek and took what we thought would be nice to use in our town. There was no "Thieving, criminal or illegal" idea behind it. It was just that we thought that people would enjoy another town with great events being build for them to enjoy!

Now that we have been banned from the server for three days, we will have nothing else to do for the weekend as quite frankly. We planned this night to be a Hollowworld only night. So yes, we did something wrong but we put everything back in the chests, and we said sorry. Even when you were putting us out as thiefs for the entire community. I understand that the actions that you took were absolutely needed as appearantly we seem like really tough thieving children that steal and do nothing good for the community. (Loads of positive forum threads and images. *cough* *cough*)

If you really must take the decision to keep us out of the game, even tho you have known us for so long and we make this small mistake for once. Then I say to you:

Arrivederci.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
The reason you were tempbanned has nothing to do with the theft itself.

The tempban of three days was imposed because you lied to staff, stating that the items were yours, that you had left in the chest. Hawkeye revealed that you had to damage the build to get to the chest, and that the items were left there by Michcat as leftovers from the building of the library.

You were caught lieing red-handed by the person who put the items there in the first place, and were punished accordingly with a light punishment, as we were giving you the benefit of the doubt.

If you do not wish to be punished for lieing, don't lie. Hawkeye sees everything.

Haroall

Lord of Altera
''had to damage the build to get to the chest, and that the items were left there by Michcat as leftovers from the building of the library.'' -- This is an outright lie! Ban him for lying to you! He is lying to an admin now! We 100% did not break any property within Port Silver.

Last edited:

MeMaaike

Lord of Altera
Hawkeye revealed that you had to damage the build to get to the chest,
We could actually reach the chest without damaging anything. It is true that I tried to break something, just to see if I was able to (what I wasn't) and I wanted to place it back if I could break it in the first place. This doesn't mean I didn't do anything wrong, but I just needed to clear that up. We did not have to break anything to reach a chest! Anybody who happened to be curious enough to look around could have found the chest and opened it.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'll always admit when I've made mistakes - in this case I simply misheard the person giving the hawkeye report. It's "Damaged the build, then opened the chest." which correlates well enough with the story.

The point remains: Why would you lie to us when we were investigating the theft?

MeMaaike

Lord of Altera
The point remains: Why would you lie to us when we were investigating the theft?
I can't speak for Haroall, but I said I took some wood in the OOC chat. Yes I took more stuff, but I didn't say these things: not because I wanted to keep them or something. It was just a lot of stuff. And many of the stuff I took was wood, so that was the first thing I thought of when I was asked in the OOC chat to explain what I looted. So I wasn't trying to fool you guys or something to keep some of the stuff, I returned everything.

Haroall

Lord of Altera
No other reason then to build a town. We thought they were left overs and we honestly thought we could use them.

Last edited:

Haroall

Lord of Altera
If you allow us in again, I swear. You will not regret it. We will never open any chest that isn't ours. We will not LIE. The weekend was my only time I could spend on Hollowworld untill april. Please!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Right, since this is a tempban (a 3 day tempban at that) there's no purpose to appealing. I'm gonna lock this thread.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Unlocked the thread, as I have to make the ultimate call on the ban. Also moved out of archives temporarily in case it's missed, etc.

Apology completely accepted. I can easily believe that yes, it was a misunderstanding and accident on your parts, and that it wasn't intended to be breaking rules.

If you ever have any other questions on the rules /please/ ask or read in advance.

I am willing to compromise with you on the tempban. I still think you should take a hit for it, but the punishment was only ever meant to be a slap on the wrist in the first place.

In light of that, I'll drop the tempban from 3 days to one day, so you'll have the latter half of the weekend.

Last edited:

Haroall

Lord of Altera
Still banned untill eleven in the evening, don't think thats gonna help me that much for my last weekend day. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.