Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

_Atlas_World_'s Application [Accepted - Jase]

TitaaniAtlas

Villager
Minecraft Username: _Atlas_World_

Country & Timezone: Finland/UTC+2

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Metagaming: You use (real-life) knowledge not available to your character to your advantage in game/rp. Powergaming: Giving your character an unfair advantage or making them overpowered compared to others. In general, exploiting the whole game mechanics and not acting how your character realistically would.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: Hi there! My name's Atlas and I'm a Finn who's a sucker for RP. Been playing Minecraft for around 11-12 years now and realized I've never actually tried RPing on a server so figured it's about time to give it a try. I'm just about to graduate as a musician, but I'm considering applying for a university to study history. Might not always have time to play much, but if this server suits me, I will certainly become a loyal part of the community. Rather fluent in English, but it's been a while since I last RP'd so might take some time to catch on? Can't be certain, but I sure am excited to get started.

Referral: I just googled RP servers and happened to come across this one. Seemed the most promising/fitting for me.

{Character Section}
Character Name: Iolas Naedistra

Race: Moor Elf

Appearance: Long, white beautifully braided hair, though covered by the cloak he wears to avoid being recognized. Violet eyes that very subtly take up more of a lighter hue every decade that goes by. Very dark grey skin. 6ft1 and tender, thin build. Iolas wears a dark grey cloak that also hides most of his face, though he dreams one day he can go back to wearing the common attire of a low-class moor elf. He prefers neutral colours.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: Attach on the thread

Written Test (Min: 400 words): "All I ever wanted was to see the world", he thought to himself, starting to become slightly amused by his unfortunate situation, "This must be the gods' humorous way of granting me my wish." For weeks now, he'd been on the run, desperately covering his tracks in any way he knew he could. He'd even compromised on his unquestionable sense of fashion by covering his slender figure with the most depressing of garments; the dark grey cloak did absolutely nothing to enhance the beauty of his genetics.

Genetics. The root of all his problems, really. All his life he'd wished to learn the truth about his father, his true identity, as he knew his mother spread lies to protect her poor bastard son. Then, one otherwise completely ordinary day, a bunch of noble-looking elves came to knock on his door claiming him to be the only son of some high-class Clan Patriarch who now, on his deathbed, decided it was finally wise to seek out his bastard son and give him the Patriarch's symbol. Iolas wasn't completely keen on the idea of becoming an Elder; he didn't even know anything about such matters. "Well, that sounds like too much of a fuss for me, if I'm honest", he'd replied. The free life of a nomad seemed much more tempting and had done so for years, but the thought of leaving his mother and breaking her old heart had kept him in place.

As if the whole ordeal wasn't enough, Iolas had soon found out not all of these nobles were so keen on the idea of the country boy bastard becoming their Patriarch, for they apparently had their own candidate for the important role: Iolas' half-sister. However, they'd been given a task, which was to bring the man to his dying father (alive), and they did not intend to disobey their orders. Iolas had heard of the wealthy clan, and with every passing second he'd had time to consider his options, he'd become more and more convinced an Elder's path was not one for him to take. So, instead, he'd taken some rather swift steps toward the door and right through it. A fairly impulsive action for an elf like him but now, resting underneath a big oak tree, he knew there was no going back. If he did, he'd be doomed to spend the rest of his life desperately trying to do right by the age-old clan, under the critical gazes of the outrageously pompous nobles who already hated him. He stood up and looked around, wondering: "Where to, now?"

A couple sidenotes:
I'm not quite sure what direction the character is going to eventually take. For now, he's just trying to figure things out, weighing his options and trying out this new "free" loner life.

I will be re-reading all the guides and stuff while waiting for my application to be processed. I really do enjoy the lore, good job y'all!

Also, I'm not the best at making skins so I'm just going to go for this look for now and do my best to come up with something more appropriate in the future. Would love to actually bring out his features. Link to the current skin: https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/cloaked-figure-3973316/

Attachments

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey mate,

Really good story, and a great read. Please do change the skin to something where we can see the face and hair- the skin you have proposed gives me a tad too many orphan assassin vibes.

That said, welcome to Hollowworld :)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.

TitaaniAtlas

Villager
Hey mate,

Really good story, and a great read. Please do change the skin to something where we can see the face and hair- the skin you have proposed gives me a tad too many orphan assassin vibes.

That said, welcome to Hollowworld :)
Thank you! This is what I came up with.
nimetön.png