Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A Rogues Story

Happy

Lord of Altera
Name: Kaiser

Nickname: Rogue

Birthplace: Unknown

Race: Half Demon, Half Human.

Height: 6ft

Weight: 12 Stone

Hair: Black

Eyes: (Have a red hue)

Skin: Looks human but is leathery to touch.

Identifying Marks: A strange birthmark on the left of his chest that seems to burn with an intense heat when in the nether.

Appearance: Clad in cloth (often worn amidst thieves) that allows you to see only his eyes and keep his few demon marks hidden out of sight.

Strengths: Wilderness Survival and Resourcefulness.

Weaknesses: The Nether; as when his there another sense seems to start to take over and should he stay there too long he fears he will lose his humanity.

Prologue
Past events: His father was killed by a demon which raped his mother shortly after. She kept it secret and died giving birth to him.

He was taken in by a woodman's family who raised him well in the art of working with and around nature. It was a good, simple life. But when he turned sixteen he went out into the woods to find a wild pig to eat for his birthday (He always enjoyed hunting). While he was out bandits stormed his house looking for riches and food. Not finding much they interrogated his family trying to find out if there was a secret safe or something valuable that they could take to make their trip worth while (which of course there wasn’t). The bandits feeling furious at being lied to (even though they weren’t being lied to at all) assassinated the family and left in search of any more nearby houses they could ransack. When Isaac returned from the forest he arrived just in time to see the bandits leaving. He sprinted to the house where he found his family spread across the floor like butchered animals. The boy fell to his knees sobbing and mourning at what lay before him. Then there was some movement from his left.. His father was still alive.
“Dad!” he called as he ran to the mangled man that lay before him.
“Son, I have something you need to know”.
“No dad don’t talk I will get hel..”
“Shhh boy, you have to know this”. The man was bleeding profusely from a deep gash in his chest and knew he didn’t have long.
“Your name is not Isaac, you are not our son”.
“Dad what are you talking about?”
"You are my sisters’ son. I wanted to tell you this when you turned eighteen but it seems I won't have time now”.
“No don’t say that dad!” The Man was getting annoyed now that the boy kept interrupting him.
“Will you shut up for a minute! *cough cough*” Blood splattered out of the mans mouth as if someone was flicking red paint from a paintbrush.
“There something more important that you need to know. I didn’t want to believe it but I can see now that with every year that passes your skin becomes tougher and your eyes redder.”
“What are you t..” The boy stops himself remembering what his dad had said.
“Your real father is.. not human” *cough cough cough* The mans breath was now raspy and made a gurgling sound when he would breath.
“Just promise me one thing..” The coughing was now becoming very erratic. “You.. will not go.. to the nether..” And with that the man fell limp, like a puppet with no strings.
“No, dad! No!” The boy starts to sob uncontrollably then looks around at the rest of the bodies littering the floor around him.
“It can’t be true.. what did you mean my dad wasn’t human? Why did you lie to me all this time? Who are you people!? Arggghhh!! Why is all this happening!?.. The bandits.. They did this! Whether you were my birth family or not you taught me much father and by Notch I will use it to avenge you!” And with vengeance in his heart he stood to his feet and marched to the door stopping for only a few seconds just to whisper “Rest well uncle, and.. thank you.” Then sprinted off into the forrest determined to track down the bandits.

(Continued on post #4)

Happy

Lord of Altera
Thanks, thats means a lot. :) I have some great ideas for the rest of the story and will also be including events that happen in game (once i have written everything up to the here and now).

And for those interested, the next part of the story will most likely be posted next week.
Thanks for reading and all feedback is welcome. :D

Happy

Lord of Altera
It didn’t take long for him to track them down. Using the hunting skills his uncle had taught him he had been able to follow them undetected.
They had set up camp deep in the woods about four miles south of his house. Only this time there were more of them, many more.
Only six had visited his house yet here in the camp there were at least 30.
He watched them from the dense shrubbery about 12 meters north of the camp.
“What the hell am I doing? I have no chance against these murderous bastards.. There are too many of them!”
But it was too late to turn back now, more and more bandits were coming into the camp from all direction making an escape impossible. He dug himself deeper into the ground under the bush.
“If only there was a way to turn back time I could warn dad.. uncle of what was about to happen.” He just wanted to be home with his family, but what lay there now was no more than a pile of lifeless corpses. Thinking of what had happened to his loved ones and the brutality they had endured made his blood boil and his eyes burn. Anger filled his body and he felt like he could tear a man in two.
Bandits: “Hey whats that over there!”
“Where?”
“There in that bush, something is glowing.”
The boy looked up to see 3 bandits approaching his hiding place, he couldn’t understand how they had seen him, he didn’t glow.. Everything else did, actually everything looked much brighter than normal and had a reddish tinge to it. He looked down at his hands and remembered what his uncle had said.
“I didn’t want to believe it but i can see now that with every year that passes your skin becomes tougher and your eyes redder.”’ Suddenly his eyes stopped burning and everything returned to normal, his rage being replaced with fear as the men drew closer.
Bandits: “Hey where did it go?”
“I don’t know perhaps it was a trick of the mind, you know what these woods are like”
The men had stopped less than 2 meters from him.
“Yeah but would we all have seen it?”
“Harry makes a good point lets just slash the bush with our swords and if there is anything in there we will kill it. Simple.”

The men moved froward toward the young boy, with his shaky hands he drew back his hunting bow then let an arrow loose. *swish* It had just missed the mans head by less than a centimeter.
Bandits: “What the hell was that!”
“Theres somethings in there, kill it!”
The men charged towards the bush swords held high.
Just as they reached the bush the young man jumped out holding his hands up.
Bandits: “Ha it’s a kid, what are you doing here? You spying on us?”
“Look at him when his talking to you you sniveling coward!”
The boy looked the bandits in the eye, He recognized only one of them and thats all it took. Once again rage filled his body his eyes burned and the men stood there dumbstruck, eyes wide, mouth open.
“What the hell..”
Under his breath the kid muttered
“You killed my uncle..”
Then at the top of his voice he screamed
“You killed my uncle!” And with that cry he fired off 3 arrows before the men could even blink.
*Thud* they fell to the floor each with an arrow in his chest.
The boy hadn’t noticed the other bandits crowd around him until it was too late.

A man stepped forward from the crowd. He seemed taller than the rest of the bandits. “How dare you boy! You think you can come into my camp and kill my men without consequence!?”
Another man called out “He is no boy he is a freak of nature.”
“Haha” the tall man laughed “Draw your swords men lets take care of this.. thing”
“Halt!” A voice echoed across the camp.
“Sir?” The tall man turned.
Another man stepped into the ring of men surrounding the boy.
“Did you not see what this boy has just done?” He walked towards the boy and put his hand on his shoulder.
“Sir be careful!” One of the men cried.
“Silence! This boy here killed three of ‘my’ men before they could even raise their swords what does that tell you?”
The tall man spoke again “That he is a threat and must be taken care of.”
“No! Travis if I hadn’t appointed you commander I would kill you for that comment myself.”
“But sir he killed three of my men”
“They were ‘my’ men and they were either incompetent which means you trained them poorly or this boy is gifted. And I know you train my men hard so I would say the second one wouldn’t you agree?”
“Yes sir”
“Good cause I am going to take this boy in as a recruit and you are going to train him”
The men gasped.
“Sir why recruit him he is just a child, I doubt he could kill anyone, that was just luck before”
“Silence! You saw it yourself theres something ‘different’ about this boy, he made killing those men look too natural. Imagine what he could do with our training. Take him into the camp and clean him up, he will be a great asset to our ranks.”
Reluctantly the commander took the boy in a firm grip and dragged him into the camp. He knew what his leader had said was correct and felt threatened by this young lad.
“If you do anything stupid I will kill you myself watch yourself boy.”

And so it was, that before he knew it, he had gone from hunting down the bandits to joining them. Not that he had a choice. If he tried to escape he would be killed and even if he did get away where would he go? His family were dead and he didn’t know of any other relatives. For now he would use this as an opportunity to learn from them, after all, they were offering to train him and he had barely held a sword before let alone used one.

(Continued on post #5)

Happy

Lord of Altera
(Four years later)

As the black misty veil of night descended onto the camp the light from the camp fire cast shadows across the floor that flickered as the flames danced. He remembered when he first came to this camp four years ago when he was but a boy, and all the ordeals he had gone through to get where he was today. Things weren’t the same as they used to be. Now he was a man proficient in swordsmanship, archery and at treating wounds. He also had a name Kaiser which the leader had given him.
The bandits aren’t what they used to be either.. After they had taught him all he needed to know he challenged the commander to a duel which, thanks to his power, was easily won. By now he had realised that if he focused on what the bandits had done to his family on that fateful night an uncontrollable rage would take over and he would become so much more than any other man in the camp. It was like torture having to relive that moment over and over every battle, sometimes he wished he would just forget it ever happened.

At least one good thing came out of it though, using his new position in the bandit camp to his advantage he had all the men that killed his family sent to their death. This gave him great satisfaction but angered the leader. Letting his power go to his head he challenged to leader to a duel one on one. Trying again to use his unique ability to his advantage he hoped for an easy victory, but something was different about the leader. He didn’t seem intimidated at all. It was as if he was testing him. His memories weren’t enough anymore either, they weren’t distilling the anger in him like they used to. As he grew his memories seemed to have less of an effect as though he was getting used to them.
The timing couldn’t have been worse either, the leader took everything Kaiser threw at him smiling as he watched the young man give it everything he had. Kaiser couldn’t put his finger on it but something wasn’t right. It got so intense he ended up shouting “What the hell are you” at the leader and the moment he did a fire seemed to engulf him and everyone around him. When he awoke the leader was gone and the charred bandits corpses littered the camp floor like burned sausages in a barbecue. If it wasn’t for his thick skin he would be just like them..
He got to his feet stumbled to the fire and sat down trying to make sense of what had happened. Night was drawing in and he thought about when he first came to this camp and all the events that had happened over the last four years..

He awoke the next day to find the sun beaming down on his face as the skin pealed off from the night before. He had hoped it was a dream, he had hoped the last four years were some terrible nightmare but as he looked around him he realised that it was all very real..

(To Be Continued)

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
This... is... :eek:
I can't even finish my sentence.
You've done a great job, great job indeed.
Keep it coming :)

Happy

Lord of Altera
This... is... :eek:
I can't even finish my sentence.
You've done a great job, great job indeed.
Keep it coming :)
Thanks BRD :)
I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying writing it and I always look forward to reading the feedback (negative/positive).
Its knowing that people read it that makes it worth while writing.
So I would like to say a big thank you to everyone for reading and I hope you enjoy it. :D

FreakDeAdPiXeL

Villager
I don't mean to necro this thread, but I just wanted to comment on this. I really like it and if you do continue it, I can't imagine what it would be like. Just some constructive criticism (Grammar Natzi-ing), you might want to add more punctuation. There were a lot of run on sentences, but overall, "This... is... :eek:". I LOVE IT!

Happy

Lord of Altera
I don't mean to necro this thread, but I just wanted to comment on this. I really like it and if you do continue it, I can't imagine what it would be like. Just some constructive criticism (Grammar Natzi-ing), you might want to add more punctuation. There were a lot of run on sentences, but overall, "This... is... :eek:". I LOVE IT!
Hehe no problem, :) I almost forgot about this.
I agree that it could use quite a bit of editing, though I will leave it for now and do all the editing when it's finished.

Its been a while since I done any writing but I'll get to work on it and hopefully post something next week.