Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A violin, a foot doctor, and a sandy beach. A short story.

TheAllBlackMan

Adorable according to Michcat
This was his favourite place to practice. It never mattered how crowded or empty Sturne Beach was. Dr. Nathan Purnst came out here every evening to practice his violin playing. He is a registered podiatrist and only took up the violin as a hobby. Listening to him play, however, you'd think he never held one before in his life! Screeching strings echoed across the dunes as he tried playing. Even the fish jumped out of the water to try and escape, only to find the noise louder above the surface. Then one day a mildly deranged man by the name of Walter had enough of "Dr. Dying Cat" and brought his pump action shotgun to Nathan's practicing spot. "Look," roared Walter "why don't you just save all of our ears and just stop trying to be a musician. I've been listening to you butcher that thing for eight months and I'm tired of it!"

"Why did you wait so long to talk to me, then?" Nathan replied.

Walter leaned his firearm on a nearby post and took the violin and bow from Dr. Purnst, tuned the instrument, and began to play. The song he came up with on that spot was a thing of beauty, far too beautiful even for words and went on for a sultry three minutes. After he'd finished Walter said "I was hoping you'd get better." With that he dropped the violin to the sand and pulled the trigger on his shotgun four times leaving Nathan with a pained and shocked expression on his face. Walter had sent more than a hundred bits of bird shot through his prized instrument leaving it in splinters. He then turned his weapon to Purnst and looked at him with a sick grin. This prompted the good doctor to, in simple terms, run for his life. Walter was left in the dust, cursing as he realized he had run out of shells.

TheAllBlackMan

Adorable according to Michcat
The story's actually over. I decided to put it here because instead of a brush, tablet, or a mouse, I paint pictures with words. I am an artist. Any reactions, reviews and advice are greatly appreciated!