Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Abandoned Camps (Staff Edit: This is non-existent, slight powergaming)

The Rise [?? ???????]

Legend of Altera
Around key cities, towns, villages and important sites; abandoned camps have appeared and have been reported by scouts and travellers alike. The culture of these camps vary, with the trend being [occasionally] cow skin tents and put out fires with markings around them. They are often put up next to large forests or mountain ranges. In all camps there is a single log with spiked end; boasting a carved out marking [surrounded by what seems to be an alien text] identical to this:

ko chalkan.png

Trees and rocks also boast an incredible amount of markings.

The following places to have had camps near them are:

• Tauredel.
  • Lydel.
  • Azerport.
  • Irrcrawn [coast].
  • The Crossroads.
  • The Ruins of Former Port Silver.
  • The Zima'Maloj swamp.
  • Etheras.
  • Thiil.
  • The Ruins of Tahkul Rimtar.
  • Any visible Vermella shrines.
  • Stormhold.
Trails run cold. The markings are often dismissed by people who have knowledge in similar scripts. Sometimes hesitantly. The occasional rumour of distant drums emitting from where the camps were set up are common-ish.

STAFF EDIT: These don't exist, Carry on. (When the RP has been done with the chance to be caught the result shall exist, not before)

Last edited:

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
*Kept finding these darned camps with frustration, taking copies of the symbols for himself to try and decipher later, noting the pattern of where these camps were appearing.* What in the world is going on here...

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Tybalt would note these symbols and have the image burned heavily in his mind.... (Ooo an investigation and Travking RP possibly...Thankyou :heart:)

The Rise [?? ???????]

Legend of Altera
Tybalt would note these symbols and have the image burned heavily in his mind.... (Ooo an investigation and Travking RP possibly...Thankyou :heart:)
[No problem. Sadly I don't have the ability to erect these up in the IG world, therefore I must resort to the ideas of pure RP. Please PM me or start a forum RP if you wish for me to elaborate on the investigations.]

Sos

Lord of Altera
[No problem. Sadly I don't have the ability to erect these up in the IG world, therefore I must resort to the ideas of pure RP. Please PM me or start a forum RP if you wish for me to elaborate on the investigations.]
are there marking on the ground?... out of place salt?... weapons?... blood?

ill take anything...

The Rise [?? ???????]

Legend of Altera
are there marking on the ground?... out of place salt?... weapons?... blood?

ill take anything...
[There are markings on the ground. The most likely things you would find are the mentioned cow skin tents, put out fires, markings on certain aspects of nature; weapons and tools are pretty much nill. You may however find burnt idols to several gods in the fires, as well as burnt texts and standard human clothing within the ashes. One important thing to note is that on occasion these markings will be near patches of dried blood; and animals such as stags or ox may be found in unusual positions dead from the camp. They're pretty much obviously sacrificed in some honorific and savage manner.]

Sos

Lord of Altera
[There are markings on the ground. The most likely things you would find are the mentioned cow skin tents, put out fires, markings on certain aspects of nature; weapons and tools are pretty much nill. You may however find burnt idols to several gods in the fires, as well as burnt texts and standard human clothing within the ashes. One important thing to note is that on occasion these markings will be near patches of dried blood; and animals such as stags or ox may be found in unusual positions dead from the camp. They're pretty much obviously sacrificed in some honorific and savage manner.]
*scribbles on a note pad all the ideas coming out his head*

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Cookie, I'll get with you on this later as I am busy ATM. And I may work with you in the future about making a camp :)

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I assume there are RP's corrosponding to this and if I logcheck I will see RP pertaining to exactly these things- That this isn't sprung out of nowhere and done by "NPC"s.

I don't see issues with the idea, but you guys better be RPing this stuff (Chances of being caught, etc. etc.)

The Rise [?? ???????]

Legend of Altera
I assume there are RP's corrosponding to this and if I logcheck I will see RP pertaining to exactly these things- That this isn't sprung out of nowhere and done by "NPC"s.

I don't see issues with the idea, but you guys better be RPing this stuff (Chances of being caught, etc. etc.)
[It isn't RP'd out IG. As said, this is purely for the purposes of intrigue and I have no way at the moment IG to RP these out meaningfully. The only way I could do this meaningfully without open ties to identity or forking out around half a million radiants to build camps is through this method is through the forums.]

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
[It isn't RP'd out IG. As said, this is purely for the purposes of intrigue and I have no way at the moment IG to RP these out meaningfully. The only way I could do this meaningfully without open ties to identity or forking out around half a million radiants to build camps is through this method is through the forums.]
Well, you can go to where the camp is suppose to be set up, and RP setting it up altho it isn't there ooc, and have let's say, an Azerport or Haven Guard see the smoke from their walls and when we ride out, put everything out and leave hastily.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
That's kind of the point - if you want to have these things appear with nobody having an idea who did it, you still have to actually go to said location and risk getting caught or identified as you roleplay setting it up -

Otherwise, you are playing magical-make-believe.

Michcat

Thats a good suggestion, Tybalt.

But I have to agree with what Naelwyn said-

You guys (Yes, I know who you are) need to RP this out ingame. No magical-make-believe here, please :D

You don't need to fork out half a million radiants, but you DO need to do this IC. Don't want open ties to identities? Too bad, thats a realistic consequence of going around and setting this things up.
I'm marking this as "non existent" until you can prove you've done this. I can promise full confidentiality, but I cannot allow such a thing to have meaning if you havn't done the work to back it up.

Michcat

Hey, if you actually do the RP required for this I can just go to the coordinates and set up a mini campsite.
But as it stands this is kinda powergamey.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Aye, once I have enough rads saved up I'll be willing to have a camp outside Azerport somewhere :)

(I really like nomad/bandit camps and stuff and I want to help you with this if you can go by what Nael and Mich are asking. :) )

The Rise [?? ???????]

Legend of Altera
Hell, come talk to me and I can give you a plot outside Thiil to add a neat camp area-
[Right.. I'll do that then. I'll enjoy the manual RP in twelve separate places, as well. I'll have to expose who I am to a few people in order to gather a sufficient party for an actual camp, but I'm rather concerned on telling region owners, well, just who to add. There's a reason I haven't given out any names.]

Sos

Lord of Altera
*rips up notes* god dammit... every time i get close.... ;-;