Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Account got hacked, name changed.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
My minecraft account got hacked today. I caught it pretty quickly, the hacker hadn't even had time to change my skin yet. However, he did change my account name from "pyrocide" to "ItsAttacker6". I noticed my title changed from alchemist to traveler, and I was wondering if this name change has caused any other issues that I'm not aware of, and will there be any issues when I change my name back in 30 days (the minimum amount of time mojang makes you wait between name changes)?

Thank you for the help.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Try submitting a request to Mojang to change the name back. It will affect stables, maybe custom things, as well, such as entry/exit messages and titles.

Omikuji

Lord of Altera
Patron
Omikuji
Omikuji
Patron
I had the very same issue not too long ago. I emailed a help contact thing telling them about my situation and they changed it back for me really quick (like a day after I sent the email). I think the name change also messes with private box things like that.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
My minecraft account got hacked today. I caught it pretty quickly, the hacker hadn't even had time to change my skin yet. However, he did change my account name from "pyrocide" to "ItsAttacker6". I noticed my title changed from alchemist to traveler, and I was wondering if this name change has caused any other issues that I'm not aware of, and will there be any issues when I change my name back in 30 days (the minimum amount of time mojang makes you wait between name changes)?

Thank you for the help.
The name change may have an affect on locketted chests. I'd recommend checking those. Name changes do reset titles, as you already noticed. Other than that, the other plugins we have recognize UUID's as far as I'm aware.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Thanks everyone, I'll try sending them an email. Glad to hear it's nothing too serious.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
The name change may have an affect on locketted chests. I'd recommend checking those. Name changes do reset titles, as you already noticed. Other than that, the other plugins we have recognize UUID's as far as I'm aware.

Thank you for the help.
As they say :)
I should update the titles plugin to use the UUIDs.... to the batmobile!

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
quick update - emailed mojang, they reverted my name back to pyrocide. Thanks everyone for the help!