Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Also dewhite listed

Miyham

I think I might like it here
So I try to log on to HW and I was dewhite listed. This is peciliar because the only thing I can think of being dewhitelisted for is talking among friends (In a private message) about the possibility of going to another server. So i am curious why I would be de whitlisted, if I never advertised or broke any rules! If we are not allowed to talk among friends then what is this server? Certainly not a totalitarian system where if there is any hint of disagrence then they are punished. So I am curious what I was in effect banned for? And! Why was I and all of the people of warstrom ( the oldest nonstaff owned town btw) dewhite listed instead of banned? Was it to prevent it from appearing on the ban list possibly making a quiet way to ban players? Or is it some reason I don't yet know?

Miyham

So as said in an earlier post by itzza, I advertised a server? I would like to know when I advertised another server? For I have no record of me doing this!

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
Was it to prevent it from appearing on the ban list possibly making a quiet way to ban players?
False. Most of the players were banned for similar reasons, so instead of spamming the ban thread, they decided to unwhitelist the people who were banned for similar reasons, less trouble. And it is even in the rules...
The Rules said:
3. If you have a private server, and wish to invite others, who are we to stop you? However, please keep it in private so you do not disrupt the flow of play on our server. You can use the /msg command in game, or the private conversations on the forums. Do not spam this option, or else you may earn yourself a ban.
Obey the rules, PRIVATE, not PUBLIC...

Runeologic

Loyal Servant of Altera
Ah thank you, you found the rule I was just about to look for, I have also been un-whitelisted yet have never publicly ever mentioned another server (though in private i did say it is likely that I would leave to be with the same group of people as they are the main reason I have stayed on this server.) to the best of my memory. The only thing that I could think of is that it could be considered spam as the group was fairly large.

Edit: just read it again. Is the fact that the server we were talking about a public and not a private server? Though the other server does require application so.. is technicaly private. Would it be possible for somone responsible to message me to explain things privately?

Myham, I know you are upset, all members of Warstrom are, we are a close knit group so when Arkk was banned, of course his closest friends supported him and it rippled out and affected all of us, but this is no real way to get things sorted... what we want is to not have to leave... We have built something great in Warstrom, and on behalf of all those hot-heads I apoligise.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, did the best I could, can't spell check and its late.

Miyham

False. Most of the players were banned for similar reasons, so instead of spamming the ban thread, they decided to unwhitelist the people who were banned for similar reasons
thanks for that answer. It eases my mind a bit now. But am still curious why I am accused of advertising?

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
So as said in an earlier post by itzza, I advertised a server? I would like to know when I advertised another server? For I have no record of me doing this!
I didn't say you advertised, not at all, I said that was why we were unwhitelisting people, your case may have been different which is why I am waiting for the person who dewhitelisted you to post here.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
thanks for that answer. It eases my mind a bit now. But am still curious why I am accused of advertising?
I haven't accused you. You were de-whitelisted as part of a group of players who were all creating unncessary drama and accusation regarding the departure of Arkkaine.

It seemed you had all made your mind up (some more vocal than others) to leave to be with him.

It was all unnecessary and unjustified drama and potentially damaging talk that could spread to other players.

Like others have said - you could have all just gone quietly or better still - checked out Bellons server and had the best of both worlds. But some of you felt it necessary to spread doom & gloom and negativity.

I un-whitelisted you all because it seemed clear you were done with Hollowworld. If you want to come back then I'm listening.

Miyham

It appears there are no quotes about me leaving? I merely wanted to keep in touch with my friends, who were all from warstrom. And I do believe that earlier it was stated talk about other servers in private message. Which evey one has done. And the only time that conversation was known publicly was when we were dewhitelisted and appealed! Because if I truly wanted to leave why would I APPEAL it!!!

Geo_08

The Ghost of Altera
to be honest you are being really agressive towards the bloke who has the ultimate power to let you back in.

Not the wisest move mate.

Anyway in regards to your appeal you appear to suggest that we have done something 'wrong' Hollowworld reserves the right to remove players without notice and we aren't required to give reason. So be glad you've got a response.

Runeologic

Loyal Servant of Altera
I for one, would very much like to stay and be a part of the HW community, I have put a lot of time into the server and would hate for it all to be for naught. I said that I would wait and see what happened. While I do wish to remain part of that particular group of people, I know there are a few that play on both I don't imagine that is a problem. If I had gotten back sooner I would have done more to stop the more... vocal of the warstrom group from being so impulsive.

The reason we moved to Facebook, was mainly to keep in contact, I personally did not know how far things had gone or were going to go so simply meant to keep in contact with good friends encase we were kicked from the forums or slimier.

While I do dislike the fact that private messages are being read, I can understand why as i am sure it is understandable why I would be against something like that.

In short, I am sorry for any trouble that our actions may have caused, and I know that a few others meant no ill will though I will let them speak for themselves if they wish to return. I would greatly appreciate being re-white listed.

Thank you for taking the time to try and resolve this issue.

-Rune

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
I for one, would very much like to stay and be a part of the HW community, I have put a lot of time into the server and would hate for it all to be for naught. I said that I would wait and see what happened. While I do wish to remain part of that particular group of people, I know there are a few that play on both I don't imagine that is a problem. If I had gotten back sooner I would have done more to stop the more... vocal of the warstrom group from being so impulsive.

The reason we moved to Facebook, was mainly to keep in contact, I personally did not know how far things had gone or were going to go so simply meant to keep in contact with good friends encase we were kicked from the forums or slimier.

While I do dislike the fact that private messages are being read, I can understand why as i am sure it is understandable why I would be against something like that.

In short, I am sorry for any trouble that our actions may have caused, and I know that a few others meant no ill will though I will let them speak for themselves if they wish to return. I would greatly appreciate being re-white listed.

Thank you for taking the time to try and resolve this issue.

-Rune
Thank you. Re-whitelisted.

Arrkkaine

Villager
cherbert said:
Like others have said - you could have all just gone quietly or better still - checked out Bellons server and had the best of both worlds. But some of you felt it necessary to spread doom & gloom and negativity.

I un-whitelisted you all because it seemed clear you were done with Hollowworld. If you want to come back then I'm listening.
I'm sorry but what?

Miyham is probably the most passive person that I know from Hollow World, and is most definately not the sort of person to "spread doom & gloom and negativity." The only reason Miyham even applied to join Bellon's server was because a few other people from Warstrom including myself were playing there and he wanted to stay in touch.

It seems to me that you don't care wether or not these people intented to leave Hollow World or not, nor even how they behaved whilst here. All I can see is a whole load of butthurt about people playing elsewhere that has resulted in you breaching the privacy of your playerbase in order to read their private messages for no other reason than your own insecurities.

Whilst we're on that topic, do you mind clarifying why I myself was banned? Seeing as I was banned from the forums and unable to appeal.

I've had a wonderful year on Hollow World, met lots of friends and enjoyed every second of it. I never intended to abandon this server, I would have, as you have put it, "checked out Bellons server and had the best of both worlds".

It's a pity that it's come to this. I hope that this server survives despite your attempts to run it into the ground.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
For the last time, they aren't private messages, they are conversations!

Plus it does read in the Terms that anything you upload can and will be moderated, that includes posts, conversations, images, files, anything.

Arrkkaine

Villager
Regardless of technicalities I'd still like to hear from cherbert on why I was even dewhitelisted in the first place.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
I'm sorry but what?

Miyham is probably the most passive person that I know from Hollow World, and is most definately not the sort of person to "spread doom & gloom and negativity." The only reason Miyham even applied to join Bellon's server was because a few other people from Warstrom including myself were playing there and he wanted to stay in touch.

It seems to me that you don't care wether or not these people intented to leave Hollow World or not, nor even how they behaved whilst here. All I can see is a whole load of butthurt about people playing elsewhere that has resulted in you breaching the privacy of your playerbase in order to read their private messages for no other reason than your own insecurities.

Whilst we're on that topic, do you mind clarifying why I myself was banned? Seeing as I was banned from the forums and unable to appeal.

I've had a wonderful year on Hollow World, met lots of friends and enjoyed every second of it. I never intended to abandon this server, I would have, as you have put it, "checked out Bellons server and had the best of both worlds".

It's a pity that it's come to this. I hope that this server survives despite your attempts to run it into the ground.
I can't be bothered to keep arguing this case anymore. You know you were on your way out and all I did was push you on your way so that others wouldn't be influenced by the negativity.

I never said that Miyham was spreading doom and gloom - said he was part of a percieved group of players intent on leaving. SOME of them were more vocal than others. Miyham (as you say) was quite passive about it and not very vocal but intended on leaving with you all.

With the current situation with Lambmaster I just want to draw closure to all this nonsense. It makes the whole situation seem insignificant and pointless when compared to the hurt and suffering that Lambmaster and his family must be going through and the more important issues surrounding peoples lives.

I therefore request that Itzzaboy re-whitelist/unban you all. If you want to play here you are welcome - but at the very least you can come on to pay your respects to Lamb at his memorial at spawn.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
I've done most of them. If anyone else has trouble getting on they can message us here.