Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Application for Whitelist + Character Creation [Accepted - Jase]

Brevlada

Villager
Whitelist Application

1. What is your Minecraft username
?
Brevlada

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
I am from NZ Oceania which is GMT + 12

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have read the King's Law + Code of Conduct. For the most part I want to learn a lot of the Lore while playing but I did skim through it in order to create my character :)

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming - When a player uses real-life knowledge to affect their characters actions, when said character would have no knowledge or awareness of these things, or has not experienced such things.
Powergaming - I think is trying to hit max as soon as possible, or like maxing out your character or traits so that you are overpowered and hold an advantage over other players.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
My name is Brevlada, I stream, I play games, listening to music, watch YT and Netflix shows. I love horror movies and fantasy stuff like Shadow and Bone, The Chronicles of Narnia, Twilight, that sorta thing. I enjoy meeting new people and I have always wanted to try RP. I also have a massive passion for anything Medieval so finding this server was quiet exciting!

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found this server when researching reference imagery for my own Creative, Vanilla Minecraft world build :)

Character Application

Character Name
:
Isabella Payne

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Isabella sports long brown hair that she typically wears back in a long braid that runs down her back and she often wears fresh flowers picked in the forests in her hair. She has bright green eyes and fair colored skin with a smaller splattering of freckles across her cheeks.
Typically she wears traditional medieval/fantasy style dresses in either brown, yellow or green.
Isabella.png

Written Test!
I was unable to find much information about the cities and locations that are within the world, so I have done my best to come up with lore that I hope is fitting.

Isabella Payne (18) was born to Lord Gerald and Lady Helena Payne. She also had a younger sister named Elizabeth who she also often referred to as Eliza or Izzy when they were small. Isabella lead an extremely privileged life compared to most, learning to read, write, paint and she loved to play the lute out in their garden. Her life changed when she turned 15 and her father was struck with disease. He had cancer of the lungs and passed away, leaving the family with a great debt from his gambling addiction; essentially leaving them with nothing. Lady Payne in immense grief over her husbands death, and the state of their now household, not stopping to think for the futures of her daughters, flung herself into a nearby lake/river outside of (city they lived in).

Her sister Elizabeth was lucky to be stolen away into the arms of a young Lord, who had been courting her for a time before the tragic loss of their father. With no home, no money and essentially no family, Isabella took to traveling between the various cities and ports of Altera hoping to seek out her own destiny in whatever form it might take.
With nothing at her side except a small leather pouch containing nothing but a broach from her late mother and a handful of coins and a lute strung across her back, she traveled, hoping to make something of her life.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey Brevlada!
Lovely application here, it was interesting to read! That said your written test is a little short. It needs to be a minimum of 400 words.
I would also like to ask that you try to stave away from the orphan cliche where possible. Try to show me what your character is like- how they respond to things that arise in their world around them, and what they are like around others. Are they shy or bubbly or caring or quiet?

Let me know when you have done this by responding to this thread. (Or if you have any questions!)

Brevlada

Villager
Hey Brevlada!
Lovely application here, it was interesting to read! That said your written test is a little short. It needs to be a minimum of 400 words.
I would also like to ask that you try to stave away from the orphan cliche where possible. Try to show me what your character is like- how they respond to things that arise in their world around them, and what they are like around others. Are they shy or bubbly or caring or quiet?

Let me know when you have done this by responding to this thread. (Or if you have any questions!)
I'm going to keep the orphan cliche, mostly because I created this character for my world build project also, and it would be a shame to change her backstory. I can definitely update the other things you mentioned though :)

Brevlada

Villager
I had another think about the orphan trope and I think I came up with a better idea! Let me just do some writing and add onto this :)

Brevlada

Villager
Isabella Payne (18) was born to Lord Gerald and Lady Helena Payne. She also has a younger sister named Elizabeth who she also often referred to as Eliza or Izzy when they were growing up. Isabella mostly lead an extremely privileged life compared to most at least; learning to read, write, paint and she learned to play the lute when she was very small. She spent any of her spare time that she could out in the garden, playing her lute by the pond or picking flowers that she would wear in her hair.

Her life changed pretty drastically when she turned 15 and her father was struck with disease; cancer of the lungs and he unfortunately passed away, leaving the family, not with the fortune that they expected but with a great debt from a secret gambling addiction; essentially leaving them with nothing. Lady Payne was distraught, not only over of her husbands death, but the now state of their once great household; she was driven into madness, losing everything, including the house and now resides in the slums of (Storm's Landing?).

Her sister Elizabeth was lucky enough to be stolen away into the arms of a young Lord, who had been courting her for a time before the tragic loss of their father. With now no home, no money, a madness driven mother, Isabella took to travelling between the various cities and ports of Altera hoping to seek out her own destiny in whatever form it might take.

She carries with her at all times, a small leather pouch containing a broach that belonged to her mother and a handful of coins in case she might need them. She carries a lute on her back and often preforms in the streets to help make some coin to buy food for not only herself but her mother too if she is happens to be in and around Storm's Landing. Being pretty small and fairly nimble she also learned how to pick-pocket. She hangs around in the market-places and shopping districts of the cities to ensure that the cover of the crowds prevents her from being caught.

She still spends a lot of time out in the forest, picking wildflowers for her hair and playing her lute down by the rivers.

Isabella is fairly shy, and quiet, but due to her noble up-bringing she is very well-spoken and generally knows what to say to get her way or to talk herself out of trouble should she get into any; and having a pretty face also helps with this. She has a strong dislike for human injustice; slavery, or poverty having seen both sides of the coin. This makes her more determined than ever to carve her own path and help bring justice to as many people as she is able to.

As with the loss of her father, wealth etc she takes things in her stride, learning to overcome these difficulties, and make the best of the situation she is in. She tries to think on her feet, swiftly yet efficiently. She doesn't always get it right, she's only human after all, but she tries her best.

Wants - To learn to shoot a bow, to make the world better
Loves - Jam, wildflowers, playing the lute, quite times by the river
Dislikes - Slavery, Poverty, Human injustice, Immense wealth

(I hope this is more to your liking :) )

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Sweet! Welcome to Hollowworld!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.