Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Aviforma's Application [Accepted - Adam]

Aviforma

Settling in Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Aviforma

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
United States, PST

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming, from my experience, is when you use OOC knowledge IC without having reasonably acquired it. Powergaming is where you either force actions on another character or try to make your own the most powerful around, through unreasonable minmaxing and rulesbending. Both of these can sour roleplay, which is why they're undesirable for a roleplay community.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Hello! My name is Aviforma. I'm new to the roleplay community as a whole, but I've been really enjoying my time here. It's a friendly community, and the people are my favorite part about it. In real life I work a part-time job and I'm a full-time student at my local community college, so I bounce back and forth between those for a good portion of my day. My favorite hobby is camping, and since I live in Washington state it's an amazing area to do that in. There's something relaxing about being out in the woods, enjoying the company of your friends and family without the worries of everyday life.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Tyinyk referred me!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Yerin Lonegrove

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human!

Appearance:
Yerin stands at a reasonable 5'8", weighing in at around 145-150 pounds. He has dark brown/black hair, with brilliant green eyes that shine with a constant friendly glow. He has an average build, leaning a bit on the leaner side. His skin is a lightly tanned white, due to his profession letting him spend a majority of his time indoors.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
1621308145013.png

Written Test!

Yerin took a bow, a cascade of laughter and applause flowing freely towards him. He stowed his customary lute across his back as he glanced around, a wide smile donning his face. Much brighter, now.

A mere quarter-hour ago, he’d entered a tavern full of wet cloaks and gloom due to the pouring rain gently tapping against the roof. No reason for the mood to be so low, in his eyes! He made his way across the room, smiling at the barmaid as he took a seat at the counter.

“Excuse me? Could I trouble you for a cup of water, fair miss?” Yerin asked, still smiling.

The red-haired lady turned around, snorting at him. “Don’t know why you’d come inside to ask for that. Plenty of it out there.” She huffed, bringing back a cup of water nonetheless. “Who comes into a bar to order water, anyways?”

Yerin gently chuckled in return. “Drinks always scratch my throat. Best to keep your instrument in pristine condition, yeah?”

The barmaid paused for a moment, looking Yerin up and down for a moment before letting out a hearty laugh. “Last bard who came through here sounded like a rooster in the ‘morn. If you’d like to cheer up these sorry folks, be my guest.”

Yerin grinned, taking a sip of his water before standing upright. “I’m glad you asked.” He turned away, finding an empty table in the corner before climbing up on it. A tapped heel caused the hushed conversations to fade away, the patrons gazing up at the bard expectantly.

“A little song to brighten our spirits, aye? No need to be gloomy on a rainy day!” Yerin called, his fingers finding their place on the strings of his beloved instrument. He strummed a few notes before launching into a lively song. A song professing his love for the rain, and how he loved to splash around in the puddles. About the joys of sinking in the mud and having to chop damp wood for the fire.

At first, he got incredulous looks, as though he were a madman. Soon enough, though, a laugh broke out from the back of the room as someone started clapping along. With each beat, another seemed to join in, laughter breaking out as he got more and more sarcastic towards the drenching hail. Even the sour barmaid from before seemed to laugh, out of sheer surprise for the stranger’s ability to turn the mood.

After a particularly satirical lyric about how he wished to marry the rain, his love ran so deep, the performance came to a bright end. Surprisingly enough, a nearby patron called out “Another!” after the applause had died out, beginning a chant from all the now grinning bar-goers. It was the start of a lively night, despite the dismal weather. After all, who said you couldn’t have fun on a rainy day?

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.