Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

AzureKnight's Whitelist Application [Accepted - Jase]

AzureKnights

Lord of Altera
Hero
AzureKnights
AzureKnights
Hero
1. What is your Minecraft username?: AzureKnights (UUID: b022bcf5-4570-4323-b7d1-4230e90f567f)
2. How old are you?: 24
3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?: United States (Ohio) / Timeline (EST)
4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?: Yes I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?:
Metagaming can be described as an occurrence where a Player in-roleplay makes use of information that their Character has yet to learn, hear or inquire about by proper means. For example, a Player in question is using OOC communication such as Discord with other Players, and listens in to a conversation about the location of another Character, using that knowledge to track said Character down on the Map.

Powergaming can be described as an occurrence where a Player in-roleplay presents their Character with beneficial abilities that would be considered unnatural, impossible and/or unfair depending on the situation. For example, two Players in-roleplay are having their Characters fight against one another, and one emotes that they swing their weapon so fast that they instantly decapitate the other individual with no chance to react, forcing their action upon another. It can be debated that another avenue from which the term is described is when a Player commits to playing their Character in a competitive way that benefits them from the structure of rules and mechanics that is available, improving themselves solely from a technical standpoint such as through stats. With that said, this form of it could also be called min-maxing. These types of people view roleplaying as just another game to win rather than an experience to enjoy.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?: No, it is a serious offense to use such, as listed in the Code of Conduct.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?:
For myself personally, I’m a recent College graduate who’s currently viewing opportunities amid these trying times, as a Major in Anthropology/Archaeology I enjoy learning about the finer aspects of history and the cultures that create it. I’m quite keen on looking forward to a serious roleplay experience considering that I want to dedicate these later years to something meaningful for myself and for a supportive environment in doing so. With that said, I’ve had approximately five years on-and-off of previous roleplay experience on minecraft servers, as well as around two years of tabletop playing (D&D 5e, Pathfinder). I quite enjoy viewing my Characters as a story to experience among friends, with bonds created and conflicts brewing, there can be excitement found every day if you know where to look. I hope that I can exist as another addition for the server, and help preserve its long-running experience.

8. Did anyone refer to you? If not, how did you find our server?: A friend of mine on Discord (Byrne_Nisovin) mentioned it to me on their search for a new Server to play at.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
About Your Character!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name: Duvan Kegheart
Character Age: 50
Character Race: Dwarf
Appearance: Standing a couple inches under five feet, he bears the typical Dwarven traits of a squat yet broad figure, with his burly, tan physique mostly shown off from his hefty arms which he takes pride in, as his usual profession of Masonry requires strenuous work. Alongside this, he shows off a slicked-back hairstyle and long beard in a copper-brown hue, gazing beneath with a set of mossy-green eyes beneath his thick browline. For the most part, he usually wears his working attire everywhere he goes, which comprises a set of cuffed boots and gloves in matching leather, coupled with his darkened overalls and shirt which he tends to keep rolled up on the sleeves. For now, he prefers not to don any jewelry or decoration for his beard, finding it easier to keep it plain when he needs to comb it through to remove any rocky debris that might fall in as he toils.

Written Test!:
Dialogue with the help of Player TagTeamChampion and his respective Character

*Duvan kneels over the one of the stone pillar reliefs that decorate the Inn’s entrance, bringing a chisel over the grooves as he hammers gently to restore the aging wear of the finery, taking great care as he appears focused.*

*Ruvan stumbled out of the double doors of the Inn, rubbing his head as he stifled a yawn. He craned his neck over to see Duvan, hard at work.*

“Ayyyyeeeee, workin’ard aw’ready?”

*Cranes his neck up to view Ruvan, wiping his brow off from sweat as he bears a toothy grin in reply.
“Aye’ there Brotha’, just sittin’ over an’ fixin’ up the place, not sure where the younger laddies are off to, probably no good me-thinks.”
*He looks back over to his unfinished work, breathing a sigh.*
“Seen betta’ days, this place.”

*nodded solemnly, running his thick hands through his short hair*
“Aye, t’is truth. But we make do; always ‘ave, always will.”
*he shook his head quickly, changing the subject*
“Tuvan’s kickin’ up ah right fuss ‘bout tha’pelt o’is. Nary seen hide nae hair of ‘im last few days. Managed tae find Huvan kickin’bout t’docks; hopefully back safely in’is kitchen now.”

*Bellows a wheezing laugh as he listens in to his elder brother finish.*
“Ol’ Tuvan an’ his pelts, he needs teh’ stop being such a pansy.” *Shaking his head before continuing.*
“Still, good to hear the other about, I’ll check on em’ when I finish.”
*He looks back over to the pillar, resetting his chisel to continue his etching, his face withdrawing to a somber expression.*
“Let’s raise a mug for Da’ when I’m finished, he’ll like that, seein’ us ‘ere now.”

*laughed along to Duvan’s jests of Tuvan. He gave a knowing look to Duvan, closing his eyes slowly.*
“Aye; Da’always wus ah stickler fae gettin’ tae job done first before havin’ ah wee dram.”
*he gave a comically exaggerated wink to Duvan, rubbing his hands together after retrieving two small flasks of fiery Northern Vodka. He offered one to Duvan*
“But whit’s ah Dwarf without some drink?!”

*Listens intently to his brother’s words, reminding himself of simpler times as he rough-housed with his brother and the younger rascals that he’d call family. As Ruvan finishes, he glances over to him, gently setting his tools aside in order to swipe one of the flasks for himself, he props himself up to gesture a raised glass.*

“Aye’, a Dwarf without propa’ spirit me-thinks, like an’ Elf with his ‘ead.”

*He goes to clink his flask with his brother’s, before taking a long swig.*

Attachments

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.