Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Bael's Application [ Declined - Lenore]

Bael

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
TwinFeather

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Most of the Official Lore, and Player Guides.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information outside of rp for your own benefit. Powergaming is forcing your rp on another. I.E. "I unsheathed my katana and in a split second removed every strand of hair from my opponents head, sending it in a fluttering cascade about his person."

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, you do not.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Most people just end up calling me Yaz. I've been rping for the past six years or so, but I've taken a break for the past five months or so. I also like model kits and have slowly gotten more and more into the hobby during the past two years. I do computer networking ;). I play some Smite in the solo and duo lane. I have two and a half cats.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I googled fantasy roleplay minecraft servers. I believe this one was the third or fourth suggestion.

Character Name:
Valkriin Quil'alle

Character Age:

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Valkriin is a wiry 6'2" Silver Elf. Dressed head to toe in white he often walks in a haughty matter with both his hands clasped squarely behind his back. Adorning his white robes is a simple grey leather skirt that keeps the fabric from being frayed when walking through thick underbrush. Fine steel sabatons can be seen sticking out from the immaculate hem of the robes. The steel sabatons themselves are painted with red livery. The most eye catching part of his garb however, is a porcelain white mask that he wears under a hood. Under the mask he has soft steel grey eyes and silver hair. His face is rather unexceptionably among silver elves.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Valkriin found himself walking along a densely wooded path. To the side of the road was a gorge with a flowing brook. Outside of the wind dancing through the leaves there was nary a sound. The gentle breeze induced a soft lilting motion in the boughs above. The sun was just starting to paint the sky with shades of red and purple, and most forest animals were starting to stir. The pattering run of a squirrel through the leaf strewn forest floor caught his attention for a moment, before going back to the road. A well kept sign he'd passed that afternoon had informed him that the next town was fast approaching. Wispy smoke could be just barely seen in the distance, clearly indicating that civilization was drawing near.

He absent mindedly stuck a gloved hand into a knapsack around his shoulder and felt the glass vial of sun salve. A glimmer of worry crossed his mind for a moment before he quickly banished it. He'd made sure to restock when he was able, although if he was unable to acquire the components to make or buy some more he'd really be pushing things. As the sun had dropped lower in the sky his hood and the foliage above no longer offered protection, and the hot rays kissed his face. A grimace grew over his face as he reached into a flap on the outside of the bag and pulled out his mask.

An uncommon item for most silver elves, but it was a necessity for a traveler like Valkriin. Quickly affixing it over his head and adjusting his hood he sighed, the noise reverberating off of the smooth surface of the mask. In fact, for most who'd seen a silver elf Valkriin looked off. The soft clinking of armor plate under robes gave away that he was lightly armored. Indeed, even his gloves were armored with thin section of fine steel. Several sections were painted in red livery. The sun glinting off of the well oiled pieces caught his gaze for a few moments. He then looked past his fingers to the outskirts of the town he'd arrived on. Another human settlement. Another sigh shot from him as he prepared for himself for the usual questions.

"Let's just hurry along, I'd rather not sleep out in the woods tonight." And with that, he shouldered his burdens and continued to Town.

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
Hey there Yaz!
Thanks for the application, it looks supes good, only one standout to me regarding your character's armor. Generally speaking, characters should start with crafts/armaments that are around very basic iron, leather level. Valkriin's outfit, although pretty cool and opulent, ought to be more basic to start out, so you can let your character grow into their kit through IC means.

My next point is not as imperative, in that it's not stopping me from accepting you, but I feel it is best to warn you - sometimes due to IC things, masked characters can have a hard time finding a groove, and your RP could be affected as a result. That being said, we have a handful of them.

If you could hit 'em with a quick edit for your armor, I will look it over promptly!

p.s. i have not played smite in a long time but who is your main

Last edited:

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
Going to go ahead and decline this for inactivity, but please feel free to re-apply!