Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ban Appeal for misuse of flying by roopot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thefatgerbil

Lord of Altera
My kings, I am not going to go on and lie or bend the truth about what I did, but I would like to say I am deeply sorry for misusing fly mod. I do realise that I am supposed to only use it for building and I would like to apologise for using it to play around. The only thing I have to say for it is that I have never used fly mod before, I didn't think it was possible to get it working on my computer, and now after donating to become knight recently so I could use it, I realised it was possible and I simply wanted to experience some fun with it that I have never had. I have never been banned before...although...when I think actually I have for killing a wolf...never mind. This server though I have stayed on the longest without getting board compared to all the other servers I have ever been on, and it is the only one I have ever donated to.

Thank you for listening reading to my appeal,
Thefatgerbil
Loyal Knight of Hollow world

(although actually scrap the loyal, it doesn't really work if i got banned)

C

Cubey

You did not follow rules, I saw you flying in all times, I warned you many times, you were ignoring my warning.

Flying is for Building only.

Thefatgerbil

Lord of Altera
I do remember getting warned by you once, i used it to get around a bit too and make warps to make my travels a lot easier. Sorry
recently I had been quite board since a lot of people I know are on holiday

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
[...]
Q: Can I use a clientside fly mod? *NEW*
A: Fly mod is allowed for building only. No speed running across the map and no flying from destination to destination. Anyone caught abusing this privilege will be banned immediately. Flymod can be located HERE. HollowWorld admin team does NOT offer support for this mod. All issues should be discussed on the official Forum related to the Mod.
[...]
I take it that you are aware of this rule and what it says will happen if you break it.

Thefatgerbil

Lord of Altera
I am aware of the rule no flying, but have never seen the quote and did not know of the consequences.

I'd hate never to go on this server again.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Either that does not answer my question or you are telling me that you broke the rule to see what would happen which is it?

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Yes, it may have been the first time doing it, and as with all firsts it is different. You were though, told to stop and you did not. If you wanted to try it out, why didnt you try it on single player?

The fact that you knew of the rule but was not sure of the consequences says a lot. The fact that you did not check to see what they were is also not good.

I will uphold the ban so it will serve as a lesson to you.

SanchezNI

Lord of Altera
Sorry, but I am going to weigh in here. Whilst I respect Steel's decision and in the grand scheme of things its probably the right one, you are clearly bullshitting the administration team here.

Did I or did I not kick you for misusing flymod yesterday before this ban? Did I or did I not instruct you that it is to be used for building purposes only? Did I or did not tell you that if you are caught using it again you will be banned?

You're lucky Steel is being lenient and generous here as you blew me off with the same excuse in-game that you just "didn't know" when I warned you. You knew after that and made the decision to ignore such a warning, which included the threat of being banned.

You seriously need to learn to listen to people who, at the end of the day, are doing their best to make sure you follow the rules so you dont get banned.

Thefatgerbil

Lord of Altera
I admit, I did get kicked yesterday (i can't remember by who), but after this ban. I was kinda unsure what I could actually use it for after seeing other knights flying around. I assume then it is definitely just building and not exploring a cave, which is what I got kicked for. I don't remember or didn't notice instructions not to do it again, but the kick spoke for itself. Because of seeing people using it elsewhere I would like to ask if it can be used for things like:
Cutting down trees, especially those Annoying floating ones
Collecting ores e.g. In a cave there is some gold you can't reach
Getting up a cliff (unlikely to he allowed)
Being stuck in a deep hole that would take ages to dig out
Or being stuck somewhere in a town or somebody's house where I do not want to grief
Digging a space to build in

I will assume from now on it is just for building and otherwise will ask permission to use it.
I hate to have to have do this after being let off lightly before, but I apologize again for misusing such a privilege and will keep my movement more rp.
I think I might change the fly controls from f, q and e to something a bit further away like the number pad, so I'm less likely to use it.

L

Laiyla.Fay

Because of seeing people using it elsewhere I would like to ask if it can be used for things like:
Cutting down trees, especially those Annoying floating ones
Collecting ores e.g. In a cave there is some gold you can't reach
Getting up a cliff (unlikely to he allowed)
Being stuck in a deep hole that would take ages to dig out
Or being stuck somewhere in a town or somebody's house where I do not want to grief
Digging a space to build in
quote]

No. - use dirt
No. - use dirt
No. - use dirt
No. - use dirt!
No. - Ask for a tp!!!!
No.

Status
Not open for further replies.