Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Boat from a region to another

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
So, I want a boat installed on Salts Ridge, so when people step on it they get transported to Dusk Port. Help? Thanks.

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
Technically it should be possible, since there's an instant teleport between crossroads and tutorial island and an instant teleport between crossroads and sorrowstown. I don't know how big a distance it is between Slats Ridge and Dusk Port, because I imagine that would be something that is in mind when they decide whether or not to implement it.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
How active is Dusk Port/Whats preventing it from getting a Dockmaster?

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
Dusk Port is going to be a rather big bandit-evil oriented town and as such I think it would be suicidal/unrealistic for it to be open to people by Dockmaster, yet we need a way to get there without swimming/flying over the ocean.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Oh hey, I remember Raith requesting this from me a while ago. He wanted to set up a ship from Sundown to Dusk Port so they didn't have to swim (as stated above). I don't know if you guys are still interested in that option, but I would be willing to have a boat from Sundown Isle to Dusk Port. As a plus, Sundown is in very close proximity to Dusk Port and it's been known to be a tad shady so it makes all the more sense.

Just offering, because I remember I was asked at one point~

Last edited:

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
Ofc man, sounds great. I have an idea about having an imaginary fisherman saying a riddle and only those who answer it correctly can get transported to Dusk Port by him.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Whatever it is you guys want to do. My question is whether or not I have to build another boat. There's already a boat that travels this way to Cutthroat Cove, is it possible that Dusk Port could be added as a destination to this boat? I can build another boat if it would be best that way, and I could have it done within the next 24 hours too, I should think. However, if it is possible to add Dusk Port as a destination to the boat that travels to the Cove, that would be great.

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
I think the latter choice is better, building another boat. I can help in building, though.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
We are. I will leave you all with my offer which may be made apart of the suggestion if so desired.

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
Whatever it is you guys want to do. My question is whether or not I have to build another boat. There's already a boat that travels this way to Cutthroat Cove, is it possible that Dusk Port could be added as a destination to this boat? I can build another boat if it would be best that way, and I could have it done within the next 24 hours too, I should think. However, if it is possible to add Dusk Port as a destination to the boat that travels to the Cove, that would be great.
Looking at how the currently in place instant teleports work (player moves onto preset area and then player is transported to specific coord) you would need a second boat. The good news is, however, that it doesn't take much work to make an instant teleport like this, making the boat is really the hard part. I imagine that if you own the plot and build the boat and specify to staff the area of the teleport entrance and the coordinate where you want it to lead it would be a few simple commands using the information that you've provided to make the teleport.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I am more than willing to build a second boat, however we must first get approval from staff to actually do this before I construct one.

Raith

Lord of Altera
I am more than willing to build a second boat, however we must first get approval from staff to actually do this before I construct one.
techinically a boat is built in creative. just not built in the world of Altera. though I do like this plan a lot, having a boat at Sundown will be nice. make things easier for people too

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I build my boats just in the world, never had any problems. Am I just old fashioned?

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
So how does this go? Is this still considered a denied request, or is it being considered?

Sadko

Lord of Altera
sadko12345
sadko12345
both of us need to build an appropriate, big enough boat. Let's get in touch and build sometime, mango. <: