Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

• Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! We're closing soon. Please enjoy the forums for now!

CatalysTftw (Hello again) Application [Accepted - Snerus]

Catalyst

Lord of Altera
Server Outreach
Good
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
CatalysTftw
CatalysTftw
Good
1. What is your Minecraft username?
CatalysTftw
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
The Republic of Ireland
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes, I have
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming- Using OOC knowledge, either from the OOC channel, forums (apart from the Official Events section) or from an RP that you where not a part of, in character, despite the fact that your character couldn't know it.
Powergaming-Using power phrases in order to stop a persons ability to react or having imaginary accomplices to guard you or relay information to you
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Paint
8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi, I'm Dan. I'm Irish and 20 years old. I have been a member since 2012 but took time off due to my mental health and the fact that I was going through a difficult part of my life. I attend university in Maynooth, studying science. I am repeating a year for the second time as my mental health impacted my study ability. I am a committee member on the uni's Sci-Fi, Anime and Fantasy society. I am also heavily involved in student radio and host my own show on a Tuesday and have interviewed some of the acts which have played in the Uni. My passions are music (especially metal and punk), video-games (I'm currently addicted to Battlefield 1) and reading (I'm currently reading Harry Potter for at least the tenth time). I also enjoy archery, which I picked up in uni, due to it's difficulty for me, as I have a motor disability.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Unfortunately not
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I'm returning after a long break, having been a member for 4 years.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Storm Arcturus
Character Age:
Early to mid 50's although physically, remains fit and able
Character Race:
Human Male
Appearance:
Storm has black hair, shot through with grey. His face is a terror to behold, heavily scarred and missing an eye, which he covers with an eyepatch. He often goes unshaved. His entire body is heavily scarred, but also lean and muscled. He wears leather and mail, often covering his face with a hood.
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Can't find my skin currently
Written Test!
Storm rose with the dawn, leaving the shelter of his lean-to and creeping through the forest. Today he hunted, or he starved. He was a ghost, creeping through the forest, always watchful. He came across deer tracks and followed them to a stream. Kneeling in the trees around the stream, he observed a herd of deer and selected a yearling buck as it was easiest to carry back. He drew his bow, notched an arrow and aimed. His world narrowed to the point of his arrow and the buck. As he fired, he murmured to himself “Gods, guide my arrow and let me have plenty this night”. His aim was true and the buck fell. The herd scattered as Storm ran forward and slit the buck’s throat, then tied its legs with rope. Storm set off home, humming to himself to break the silence. By the time he reached home, it was nearly dark, so he set a fire and he quickly butchered the stag, setting the meat to roast over the fire. When the meat was done, Storm threw the choicest cut into the fire and said “Thanks be to the gods, for I eat tonight”. When Storm finished eating, he looked around the lean-to, hardly a roof to keep the rain off and decided his self-imposed exile was at an end. He packed his meagre possessions and valuables into a knapsack, put on his sword belt and lit two torches from his fire. One, he threw into the lean-to and the other was to light his way. He felt compelled to watch the lean-to burn, musing to himself that once he was afraid of fire after he saw the horrible things it did, but that was a different time, a different place and a war long forgotten. His thoughts turned to the people he knew, most of them dead, the few that remained had probably long since forgotten him. He allowed himself to think of his family, the cause of his exile, and how they had all died or simply left him. By now, the lean-to was nothing but ash, so he turned and strode away, leaving his ghosts among the ashes.

Daylight found him at the forest’s edge. He observed the land stretching out in front of him and saw plumes of smoke in the far distance. Storm had passed through a fledgling village on his way to the forest, some time ago, so he reasoned it had become a town or even a city. He set off from the forest, the nearest thing to a home he had since he stepped off the ship that brought him to this new land, and towards civilisation. Storm smiled to himself as he did and said to no one in particular, “It’s a brave new world”.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Apologies for the long response time!

Everything listed on this application checks out near-perfectly. Props to you for knowing the whitelist process and playing it straight by the books.

As a small note, obviously you're going to need a setting appropriate skin to before you may actively roleplay on the server. Of course, you are free to use a different character once you get on the server as well, if you don't feel like reprising your role as Storm Arcturus.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.