Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Council Candidate] Valerie Gerharde

JennyBean

Legend of Altera
Spooky
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
SkelepunBeanie
SkelepunBeanie
Spooky
{ ! }
Posters are spread through the Landing: In the slums, the markets, by the Cathedral Ruins, at the Kraken's Den and docks.

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Candidate for the Council of Five:
Valerie Gerharde

For those of you who do not know me, my name is Valerie Gerharde. My introduction to Storm's Landing was rocky, to say the least.
My home burned to the ground, my mind was attacked by Jishrimites, and my friends were assaulted or murdered in the streets.
You might even have heard that a few weeks ago, I was murdered by King Cymic of Sangria just outside of the slums.
It became so bad that I closed my Toy Shop and moved to a more peaceful location. It breaks my heart to see what the city became compared to what it could be.
However, I firmly believe that if you are unhappy with how things are, you should put in the work to change it. That is why I have returned.
That is why I am now asking for your support in making Storm's Landing a better place for everyone.

If I am elected, I will do the best in my power to do the following:

- Build a better future -
The previous council is building a learning centre for the residents of the Landing, gifting knowledge, and the chance of a better future, to the people.
This should merely be the beginning of improvements to what the Landing can provide for its citizens.
If I am elected, I will work toward improving the living conditions of those who reside in this city, especially those in the slums.

- None Shall Go Hungry -
The Treasury has already prepared a fund to ensure all who need it will have a small amount of money given to them.
Some generous souls in the Landing have gone above and beyond in acts of charity as well. I feel that the council can do more to assist.
If I am elected, I will work to increase the production of food through agriculture and trade.
I will also try to work towards opening food banks so that food is available to those who need it.

- Contingency Plans -
If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.
I think we can all agree that recent events have been unpredictable, but that does not mean we should be caught unprepared.
If I am elected, I will work towards creating stockpiles where excess supplies such as food, medicine, or otherwise are kept safely in the event of a disaster.

- Security -

Crime in the Landing has been a problem for a very long while. Once, I had blamed the guards. Now I see the truth.
If I am elected, I will work to bolster the numbers of the guard force, as well as look to provide them with better equipment.
I will also assist in working towards preventing corruption within the guard, so that you may trust them once more.

- Your Voice -
What is the point of a council if it does not serve its people?
I vow to you all that I will read and respond to any concerns you may have.
If you have doubts or questions, I encourage you to send me a letter once you have finished reading this poster.
I will do my best to answer and perhaps amend these posters with questions you have asked.

JennyBean

Legend of Altera
Spooky
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
SkelepunBeanie
SkelepunBeanie
Spooky
With voting going on, feel free to write a letter or PM me on discord (JennyBean#0806) for RP if you want to ask any questions on the matter!

{ ! }
An amendment is added to Valerie's posters.

Your vote matters.
Voting season is upon us, and your voice matters.
I promised to amend these posters with questions I have been asked, and I am now delivering on that promise.

"What will you do about the Demons and Corruption?"
At this moment, Altera is standing at an important crossroads.
Individuals have been possessed by Demons residing in artefacts, and chaos is spreading as a result.
If I am elected, I will aim to approach the matter in three ways:

1 - An Understanding
I have heard of a few separate efforts to study what is going on and many individuals whose knowledge comes from tales from the distant past.
I will aim to unite these efforts so that we may approach the issue at hand with as much understanding as we can collectively muster.
This is not a situation we should be running into blindly.
If we are to resolve this, we need to work together.
We are all people of Altera. This may potentially affect us all.

2 - A Helping Hand
Continuing from the previous point, we are all people of Altera. This includes those possessed.
If I am perfectly honest: I am appalled at the treatment of some of those afflicted. Appalled, but not surprised.
I am not saying they are innocent, nor am I saying they are not a potential threat, but we will not resolve this with hostility.
I had seen some of the kindest, bravest souls turn cruel and cold when the possessed came to them for aid.
So-called heroes turn their backs, waiting to strike down the 'monsters' when they could have stopped it in the first place.

This is all too familiar to me. Remember when I said I wasn't surprised?
I once needed help, and those that could have done so turned their back.
I know how it feels for everyone to see you as a monster, regardless if you have done wrong or not.
I know how lonely it is. How terrifying. I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

That is why I beg of you all: Be Kind.
Treat others how you would expect to be treated.
Those possessed are still people. Treating them like monsters will only drive them away from the help we can offer them.
And if you are possessed, hear me now:
There are those that can help. You need only ask, and I will do what I can for you.
For us all.

3 - A Warning
This last approach contrasts the previous one greatly, but it is important nonetheless.
The safety of the people, and the realm, will always come first.
I am no stranger to difficult decisions.
Actions that harm the people of the Landing will not be tolerated.

I am aware of recent crimes and their connection to possessed individuals.
I am aware that some may seek to commit crimes against the possessed in return.
I am aware that what I am about to say may paint a target on my back.

I do not care about the danger to myself,
people come first.

Those who seek to break this land's laws are not welcome, no matter the reason.
I will ensure the guard has everything they need to keep all of you safe.
It is the council's responsibility to ensure the safety of the Landing.

If I am elected, I will do all within my power to ensure we do not fail our duty in this upcoming term.

If you have any questions, I would be glad to answer.
Leave a letter with Jack, or find me when I am out and about.