Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Daniel's Application [Declined - Jase]

DannyCPA

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Dianite_JR

2. How old are you?
19 ( September , 30 th , 2000)

3. What country are you from?
America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
yes I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
metagaming is using outside knowledge like in an OOC chat , and saying your character knows that info in the game. power gaming is making ones self over power and designing a character that is to powerful and cant die. Or if you make it to we’re you can’t get hurt or make the charecter all powerful. ( Edit)

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
no you do not.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Raal

8. Tell us about yourself
!
my name is Daniel. been roleplaying for 7 years on many types of platforms. I've done it on sites and other Minecraft servers and apps, ive been action since I was 7 so I have exsperince being in and staying in character. I enjoy coming up with characters and laying them.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I use to have all my stuff saved but I lost it unfortunately,

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I looked up online for good roleplay servers

Nathaniel Underhill
elf
black long hair.
hazel eyes
long pointed face.
facial markings
long body,5'2 feet tall

Boy and the Elves

The room was small but that didn't matter to young Zylas. He didn't care if his family was poor and can't afford toys. He just had to go outside and the world was anything he wanted it to be. Today was his 14th birthday and his mom was making his favorite meal steak and potatoes. then for dessert chocolate cake with a hot fudge to go on top. His mom acted like it was a surprise but Zylas knew that he got his favorite meal for his birthday. She sent him outside to play anyway. Zylas loved the woods so he didn't mind. He went out the back door and into the woods right behind his house. Today he was a warrior in a big battle fighting for the kingdom. He picked up a big stick for his sword. The trees were the enemy soldiers and he was surrounded. He hit the soldiers and fought them off. He ran as he went, hitting all the soldiers he could running to find and save the fair maiden. He runs and yells “ take that and that” . He runs into an old abandoned tower he uses to play. He ran up the stairs and went to go save the princess. Suddenly zylas stopped. He saw someone. A young girl around his age but not like him. She had more pointed ears, he thought she must be an elf like his mom described. She said avoid them because they are very protective of their land. Something about this girl peeked his attention more than anything else zylas as seen. He snuck down the tower to get closer. He saw here she had beautiful dark silver hair and long pointy ears. She turned for a brief second enough for zylas to see her beautiful hazelnut eyes. She started moving and hurried and hid behind the tower. He looks back around and she's now walking towards the other side of the forest. Zyals knows he shoulndt fallow but something inside is wanting him to .he slowly starts to walk behind her. They soon reach the edge of the forest. He waits for her to exit before he does, she exits he waits then does the same. Out in the clearing he sees not an opening but trees that are just much taller with houses in them. The girl starts to climb the ladder up the tree. He goes out of the forest and walks, as he does he looks up and sees the tall trees and the houses with bridges attached to them connecting them, it was like a maze. He walks some more trying to get a better view than snap! Suddenly he rises in the air and is stuck in a net. Not knowing what happens zylas hurrys and tries to get out of the net but it is no use for the ropes ar eto large and the holes aren't big enough for him to fit through. Even if they were it would be a 20 foot drop to the ground he would surely break a lot of his bones. He could hear yelling from above him he then felt the net slowly rising. After a few minutes He was then level with the houses in the trees. He could see tall men staring at him and a crowd of others behind them staring. Then pulled the net towards the platform and let him out. The pointed there spears at him and gestures him to move. Zylas did not know where he was going but he knew it couldn't be good. They arrived at a bigger looking house. It was a lot nicer than the others so it must be the leader's Zylas though. The guards gestured to him to go inside. To his surprise he saw the girl he saw in the woods, next to here was a big man still skinny but bigger than the guards. He spoke “ what is your reasoning for this intrusion .’’ zylas looked at the man “ im sorry sir i was in the woods you see . I saw the most beautiful girl and I followed her here. He looked towards the girl beside him. The king looked at him. “ that girl happens to be my daughter and no daughter of mine will ever marry anyone but her own kind, so that is that” and as for you trespassing the punishment is death.” the girl gasped and went to her knees in front of her “ father please he is but a boy he's close to my age. '' the father looked at his daughter's pleading eyes. ``Fine then he shall be put into our prison for a week that should teach him a lesson , i have spoken”. Zylas was so shocked that he stepped up to the king. “ what? A week but my mother is waiting for me, please sir you must rethink your answer. I beg of you”. The king was disgusted. “ how dare you speak to me like that for four weeks now.” The boy tried to step closer but was stopped but stuck to his head. Then balck….

A not so bad circumstance

Zylas woke up inside a prison cell but he was not alone. Beside him as the girl.” What are you doing here? Did he throw you here too? “ the girl looked at him and laughed, “ no silly my father let me take care of you while you are here.” Zylas just stared at her and blinked. “ Oh thank you “ . I'm Maris “ “ im Zylas.” for those past weeks she did what she said she came and took care of the boy, brought him food and water and best of all friendship. The two talked about their lives and what it was like. They talked for hours. On the last day their friend ship became strong. The boy asked the girl f to promis to visit each other in the woods so they may see each other. The girl began to weep. “ zylas was confused. What's wrong?” she wiped her face “ i cannot for my father will keep you here longer if she knew that we were seeing each other let alone… she stopped “ loved each other” . zylas looked at her. He didn't know what came over her but he just leaned in and kissed her. He then looked at her. “ Run away with me, meet me in the woods tomorrow as soon as I get out we will runway to a new land far from your father. She nodded. “ i will see you in the woods tomorrow by the tower. The next day he left the prison and finally got to see the light of day. He wondered what his mother would think. How would he explain everything including Maris. He made it to the tower and as soon as he was there he saw Maris there. The two ran away as they planned and after many years started a family they had a son they named him Nathanial.

Nathaniel

Nathaniel loved his family but his life was not any easy one. His family being of mixing bloods is looked down upon. He may have got bad looks from others but that didn't other him her would rather be in the woods training to be a fighter with his father. He trains day to day one day fighting lessons that includes fighting riding horses and hand to hand combat. On the other days he was with his mom reading books learning languages and history of the world. On his 18th birthday he decided to leave his parents house to make his own life and have his own adventure.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey Daniel,

Apologies about the delay- I have only just gotten to this now. Really good stuff here- I like how you fleshed out the parents nicely however I have a few things which I have to run through with you before I can whitelist you.
  • Your power gaming definition is close, but not quite right. Refer to the Roleplay guide [CLICK HERE] for the server definition of power gaming.
  • Your character can have one parent be an elf, and one a human- however your character needs to either be a full human or a full elf. We don't have any sort of human-elf hybrids on the server, and children of mixed parenthood (between human and elf) only pick up traits of one of their parent races. Please choose whether Nathaniel is a human or elf.
  • In terms of skills- please make sure your character starts off with only basic skills in terms of fighting and horse riding, reading, and literature. This allows for people to grow in strength and skill through getting taught in roleplay.
  • From my perspective- it isn't common for children of mixed parentage (human and elf) to be judged or ostracized on the server within the wider world. It would make more sense if the mixed parentage was only looked down upon within Nathaniel's backstory village - so just bear that in mind before you start within the world! Not a big issue- so no need to fix anything for this point, just something to think about.
DannyCPA

DannyCPA

Villager
Hey Daniel,

Apologies about the delay- I have only just gotten to this now. Really good stuff here- I like how you fleshed out the parents nicely however I have a few things which I have to run through with you before I can whitelist you.
  • Your power gaming definition is close, but not quite right. Refer to the Roleplay guide [CLICK HERE] for the server definition of power gaming.
  • Your character can have one parent be an elf, and one a human- however your character needs to either be a full human or a full elf. We don't have any sort of human-elf hybrids on the server, and children of mixed parenthood (between human and elf) only pick up traits of one of their parent races. Please choose whether Nathaniel is a human or elf.
  • In terms of skills- please make sure your character starts off with only basic skills in terms of fighting and horse riding, reading, and literature. This allows for people to grow in strength and skill through getting taught in roleplay.
  • From my perspective- it isn't common for children of mixed parentage (human and elf) to be judged or ostracized on the server within the wider world. It would make more sense if the mixed parentage was only looked down upon within Nathaniel's backstory village - so just bear that in mind before you start within the world! Not a big issue- so no need to fix anything for this point, just something to think about.
DannyCPA
Ok awesome , the power gaming definition I have was I guess more based on DnD cuz I play that a lot. And he is an elf and I added a comment below trying to fix my mistake on that . Do I need to recopy and fix then repost it or will me just commenting be ok? Cuz when I tried to fix my thing the site wouldn’t let me .

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Commenting is more than fine. Or you can press the edit function in the bottom left of your post. :)

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
One more thing-
You reference within your story that Nathaniel's father married the daughter of a king? Generally this is something we do not encourage to be in the backstories of new characters. There are not many kings or queens running around Altera after all- probably only 1 or 2. So instead- do you mind changing this for something more common? Perhaps a daughter of a rich merchant or the daughter of a knight?

Let me know what you think~

DannyCPA

Villager
One more thing-
You reference within your story that Nathaniel's father married the daughter of a king? Generally this is something we do not encourage to be in the backstories of new characters. There are not many kings or queens running around Altera after all- probably only 1 or 2. So instead- do you mind changing this for something more common? Perhaps a daughter of a rich merchant or the daughter of a knight?

I would rather not to be honest because I feel like it’s important he as high powe to make his dad to be put in jail and I like the relationship between the daughter and father . Also I prob won’t use it in the Roleplay anyway I can say we disowned that side of the flaunt becuse he disowned us.

DannyCPA

Villager
One more thing-

It’s less about me technically being a prince I could care less about that it’s more important beucse it make since I. The story . And shot he could be old and dead by this point and the town can be a democracy for all I care.

DannyCPA

Villager
One more thing-

Also I’m sorry to try to rush but I want to play as soon as I can I’m so existed for this Server

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
I would rather not to be honest because I feel like it’s important he as high powe to make his dad to be put in jail and I like the relationship between the daughter and father . Also I prob won’t use it in the Roleplay anyway I can say we disowned that side of the flaunt becuse he disowned us.
I have had a long hard think on this- and I think I am going to have to say no- please don't mention any kings or important rulers. Keep your backstory small, and simple. No large cities unless they exist in game and you stick to the lore of said large cities. Keep to small towns and villages. Its fine to have your parents elope with one another but I think as it stands - I am not yet comfortable in whitelisting you until you rework your backstory. Maybe show me what Nathaniel is like? How does he talk? What does he like? After all you are playing him, not his parents. Try to be creative.

Please also take the time to work on your grammar and spelling.

DannyCPA

Villager
I have had a long hard think on this- and I think I am going to have to say no- please don't mention any kings or important rulers. Keep your backstory small, and simple. No large cities unless they exist in game and you stick to the lore of said large cities. Keep to small towns and villages. Its fine to have your parents elope with one another but I think as it stands - I am not yet comfortable in whitelisting you until you rework your backstory. Maybe show me what Nathaniel is like? How does he talk? What does he like? After all you are playing him, not his parents. Try to be creative.

You know what screw this. Maybe this isn’t for me. I worked 2 days in that story. i tryed fixing it and I was willing to change some stuff to make it work. One the king isn’t even that big of a part of the story and he can be dead now for all I care. And I never siad the town was big I was just a town in the trees. You asked if I could change it becuse Kings are rare But you didn’t tell me you would deny my whole thing becuse of it. You know it’s not easy writing a whole story for a roleplay. I worked two days on and I put all I had into it.

DannyCPA

Villager

Oh and you siad there is not Kong’s and queens riding around well there still wouldn’t be cuz as I said before idc the king be dead by now. Also it’s a
Medieval fantasy Roleplay and you don’t have kings? It’s like having no Jedis in Star Wars

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
You know what screw this. Maybe this isn’t for me. I worked 2 days in that story. i tryed fixing it and I was willing to change some stuff to make it work. One the king isn’t even that big of a part of the story and he can be dead now for all I care. And I never siad the town was big I was just a town in the trees. You asked if I could change it becuse Kings are rare But you didn’t tell me you would deny my whole thing becuse of it. You know it’s not easy writing a whole story for a roleplay. I worked two days on and I put all I had into it.
Oh and you siad there is not Kong’s and queens riding around well there still wouldn’t be cuz as I said before idc the king be dead by now. Also it’s a
Medieval fantasy Roleplay and you don’t have kings? It’s like having no Jedis in Star Wars
You are not being denied- more I am asking that you rework your backstory. It seems unrealistic to me, that someone is a child of a king/queen that no one in game has heard of beyond being a character in your backstory. Kings and queens are powerful- they come with the connotation that they control wide and vast lands. Why not a local knight? Or a rich merchant?

We have a policy in whitelisting applications to say that all entities within a backstory should either be existing places and people- or be small enough to fit within the world. I want to make sure that things in backstory fit within the lore we have been given.

So please- take time on your grammar and spelling - rework your backstory (no need to write an essay- just show me you understand the requirements I am giving you.)

I know its not easy, but I want to make sure that you are best equipped for when you start.

Last edited: