Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Diamond_Hammer's application [Accepted - Adam]

Diamond_Hammer

Villager
Diamond_Hammer
Diamond_Hammer
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Diamond_Hammer

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
Hungary, Time zone GMT+1

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes I have read them.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta gaming being mainly the use of information you may have come across OOC to your advantage in RP, or attempting to bring others into a situation to which they would have no knowledge outside of those involved in the RP situation first hand.
Power gaming, using unrealistic roleplay for combat, be it imaginary characters as support or Power phrases to remove avenues of response from the opponent.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
They are not allowed

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I have been playing minecraft since roughly infdev and have been an addict since, over the years I have been the part of many minecraft communities and RP environments, both medieval and scfi based, and questing has been one of my favourites, I don't have many examples of my work, screenshots get lost over the years, although some may still be active on other servers, I tend to build in a medieval / Viking theme and enjoy building/gathering/trading more than pvp but I will defend myself :)
Outside of minecraft I'm a gamer in general, playing mainly sandbox and survival games, like surviving mars and scrap mechanic. I enjoy model making, anything from 1:24 scale cars to dioramas, no specific theme, whatever happens to catch my fancy at the time or is a challenge. I'm part of a small production company a friend started, and I get to use those skills there, prop and set making, which can be fun.
Before the world changed :) I enjoyed going to concerts and festivals, mainly rock music.
And also have the hopes of starting a youtube channel with a focus on making / DIY, bit of this and that in a nutshell.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No referral, I googled roleplay servers and found yours quite interesting.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Character Name:
Wayland Smith

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Wayland is a tall and brutish man in appearance, as a smith he has become a muscular man, forging weapons in the heat of his workshop to which he has become accustomed.
Calloused hands from years of pounding iron, his face adorned usually with a strong stern expression which outsiders may take to be aggressive but those that have grown to know him understand the nuance of this mask.
Brown, short and thick hair, which is quite unkempt and sooty, in his toils at the forge sweat and soot have left their mark and his otherwise lightish brown hair seems mostly almost black after a long day at his station.
Blue eyes, which have been described by some of his unsuccessful suitors as deep blue sapphires, like those jewels embedded to emblazon and decorate ritual weapons and staves he has made for Kings and Queens.
His dress is never more than that of what is functional for whatever task is at hand, striking a sword, wielding a pick, his choice of garb is simple, the sparing use of fur lined leather to brave harsh cold, and iron in the form of some mail where extra protection is needed, garments he has learnt to fashion for himself to combine comfort and function with little to no frivolity.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
me.png

Written Test!

We find ourselves in a thick harsh forest, snow covering the duff of leaves and needles, harsh, but what has become all too familiar. In the dead of night, only the light rustling of the leaves and crackling of the fire break the silence.
Wayland groans as he wakes, aching from his arduous journey which has already seen him through many realms, it has become another companion on his voyage, with hunger and thirst visiting on occasion.
With each day he puts more distance between himself and his past, memories getting farther and farther away, but which still plague his dreams, torturing him, with no matter how many miles he puts behind him they bring back the horrors from which he is desperately trying to separate himself and begin anew.
Flashes of those memories haunt him day and night, a smell, the sight of blood, sounds of metal clanging, so many things that may trigger some of that trauma.
Even now it is those memories that shook him awake, nightmares of the massacre which forced Wayland into his current situation.

Morning breaks, with the sun streaming through the branches it's beams breaking the mist of the dawn. After a bitterly cold night Wayland pokes at the embers of his fire and stokes it to make breakfast.
Talking to himself out loud he mutters "Bloody cold, what I wouldn't give to be at my forge right now"
After brewing some rather staunch tea and finishing the last of what meat he had left from his last successful hunt Wayland gathers himself and makes ready to embark on what may be the last of his arduous days in the wilds of this land.
Guided by what he was able to learn from other travelers he had met, some dwarves and elves among some others which his past has taught him to look upon only as beastmen, he journeys toward a settlement, where he hopes to start a new life, in hopes of being able to make good of what talents and traits life has given him, strong arms and back with which to mine his materials and to forge tools and weapons. Ironic it seems that it was those implements that were his people's demise, the greatest torture of all being that his nightmares remind him, weapons that he had fashioned himself were used to bring an end to what he had grown to love.

After hours of trudging through the forest, the dense thicket slowly gives way to a field, Wayland sets down his pack and takes a seat on a log at the edge of the forest, raises his waterskin to quench his thirst.
"One last strong hurrah then matey" He anxiously proclaims with a rare smile and some vigor. The sight of a cobbled road, and farther, the walls of the settlement which in all hopes will bring an end to this journey and the beginnings of some purpose.

"At last this journey may be coming to an end, respite, I only hope that fate deems this wretched soul worthy of a second chance"

Last edited:

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
Hello there! Great application btw but If you can, could you please tell us about yourself? Do you have any pets? Any hobbies outside of minecraft? What sort of music do you like? We'd like it to be 5 sentances at least if possible. Nothing too personal is required but anything is freegame! Once you have editted that into your application please reply to this post here! Thank you!

Diamond_Hammer

Villager
Diamond_Hammer
Diamond_Hammer
Hello there! Great application btw but If you can, could you please tell us about yourself? Do you have any pets? Any hobbies outside of minecraft? What sort of music do you like? We'd like it to be 5 sentances at least if possible. Nothing too personal is required but anything is freegame! Once you have editted that into your application please reply to this post here! Thank you!
HI Mate, thanks, I've updated the post, hopefully I wasn't too tight lipped :)

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.