Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Emp's whitelist app [Accepted-Jase]

Emp

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft Username?:
Emp__

2. How old are you?:

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
I’m from the U.S and in the PST timezone.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?:
Yes, I have!
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the process of using information gained out of character in character for one’s advantage. EX: tom is getting arrested tom out of character tells Fred he is getting arrested at X location, Fred comes over and frees tom.
Power gaming is the act of going beyond you’re in character limits to do things your incapable of for your advantage. An example is Tom, a 21 year old man punches Fred into the stratosphere with a normal punch. Or a man easily breaks down a wall ect. This can often be used for non physical feats and sometimes fall into the category of meta gaming.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, outside of base Minecraft clients and outside sources like these or fly hacks are disallowed.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I’m Emp, I’ve been doing Minecraft fantasy RP for around 3 years now which has been most of the roleplaying experience. I’ve done many types of rp within that whether it be political combat or simple tavern RP. I’ve also been playing dungeons and dragons for almost 2 years now. I’ve played on a variety of different roleplay servers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, have they settled the ire of Titans and Gods. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through tenacity and reverence. The memories of their trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the stars flicker and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Benjamin

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human!

Appearance:
Benjamin stands at a height of 5’10 with blonde hair and light blue eyes. Benjamin is a watchful fellow and his eyes seem always on watch. He can typically be seen wearing a hat oftentimes pulling it down or fiddling with it.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
View attachment 117714

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Written Test!:

As the last lights of the day slowly faded and dusk came upon the lands of Altera most folk went to sleep or concluded their daily happenings for some this was just the start of their day. Benjamin has been traveling on such a day but as he looked up to the setting sun he knew it was time for a pit stop, along the winding roads of the land he came to a halt in front of what seemed to be a bustling inn for travelers such as himself. Hesitant at first Benjamin tied his horse outside and entered the inn. The quiet dark and gloom of the night were cast away by the drinking and chatting going on within the inn, folk from all walks of life somehow found their way here. Benjamin pulled his hat down trying not to make eye contact with too many people in the tavern/inn instead moving to an open booth and sitting down with a sigh of relief. Benjamin looked into his bag and was saddened to see a lack of funds for his travels counting simply a few coins, he hadn’t planned to be away for so long but it seemed luck was not on his side. Down on his luck, tired, and hungry Benjamin decided to do the only thing he knew he really could; get some shut-eye. He placed his hat over his eyes and tried his damn hardest to block out the surrounding noise. For a time he seemed to almost doze off drowning out the background noise with an idle humming to himself before his quiet was interrupted by a noise. He slowly opened an eye and tipped up his hat finding a fellow before him with a wide grin. Benjamin let out an audible sigh as he seemed slightly annoyed but willing to hear the tall fellow out. The man spoke, “Don’t seem to be having the best day now are you?” Benjamin let out a light huff as he replied “What’s it t’ yeh?” The traveler questioned squinting towards the fellow. The man replied “How about we play a game of cards? You win I’ll pay for a room here for the night however if I win I want that horse of yours outside.” Benjamin peered at the man agreeing, too hungry to really consider it. “Y’go’ yerself a deal mister” Benjamin gestured for the fellow to sit down and watched as the fellow laid out a deck of cards. The two played a few times yet it seemed Benjamin was the victor besting the man at his own game. After the final game was done Benjamin grinned looking at the man with his hand open, waiting for the coin. “Seems y’los’ mister, now cough up the coin '' Reluctantly the man placed a small pouch of gold on Benjamin’s palm and stormed out of the inn. Benjamin used the money to buy himself a room and meal for the night finding comfort within the inn. The next morning Benjamin woke up in a good mood packing up his bag and going downstairs ready for another day of travel upon his trusty steed... Yet as Benjamin walked out he found his trusty steed Thomas.. Well, he didn’t find him, all that was left was a pole with an untied rope followed by a small note on the ground. The note read; “Thanks for the game friend” Benjamin simply stared at the note letting out a sigh as he continued along the road on foot hoping for better luck.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey Emp,

Do you mind adding your power-gaming definition as well? It appears to be missing.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Powergaming is also - emoting for another player. "Fred hits George and George dies."

Regardless,

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.