Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Fable 3 free on Xbox

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I liked Fable 3, however I preferred the storyline and weapon/combat diversity of 2. Weapon Augments, awesome spells like Raise Dead and being able to properly change your character.

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that Fable: Lost Chapters and Fable 2 were both -way- better games than the third? :s

Fable 1 was sort of dark and gruesome...

That is what I liked about Fable 1.
Its quite easy (Assuming you're a good writer) to make a GOOD storyline out of a fantasy early-medieval world!
Fable 2 was somewhat more futuristic but kept most of the original charms of Lost Chapters WHILE adding new awesome features like the customization... also the storyline was still epic.

Fable 3? Eh... The storyline was unique but I didn't feel THAT interested in it.
The first two games was about a child who became an orphan/was an orphan (hey, you can become an assassin! Fancy that!) , you actually WITNESS his/her life get destroyed early in their childhood and then they spend the rest of the game trying to exact revenge while uncovering some big evil plot (Jack of Blade's return, Lucius trying to use the Spire) but Fable 3? You start of as nobility and an adult, and I just felt like I wasn't connected to the player-character at all... so the storyline was just boring.

And then there is the combat. Fable 1, swords and magic obviously. Fable 2, the guns are only just being made, so obviously not many people have them, everyone still has swords which is epic. Fable 3? Everyone has guns, which kind of made using swords seem kind of out-of-place in a way, which ruined the feel of the game.

Sorry for the rant, I just didn't like Fable 3. It is a solid, well made game in terms of the engine, but the story itself was painful.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Another kick in the nuts for Fable 3 was that it was terribly imbalanced in terms of combat. Magic was far superior to both ranged weaponry and melee weaponry.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Heheheh, the entire thing just felt sorta.. messy to me? Can't complain about getting it for free, though! It's still quite fun :p

Angryboy

Natus de Aurum; Natus ex bellum
Aye that is true. Its a free game, and its not one of those half-made "Cheetahmen" games.