Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Godwin Artifice the Inventor

TheMello

Villager
Excuse me if I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I'm making this preemptively in the optimistic hopes that my whitelist application will be accepted. Feel free to comment and/or ask questions.

Name: Godwin Artifice

Nickname/Alias: Godwin (Sometimes affectionately called Winny. He doesn't seem to mind.)

Race: Human

Height: 5'10" (178 cm)

Weight: 140 lbs (63.5 kg)

Hair: Medium-length, light-blonde hair, tousled and swept over his eyes.

Eyes: White eyes, green irises.

Skin: Fair-skinned

Identifying Marks: Fresh lacerations and old scars cover the front and back of his hands from his work. He keeps them covered with leather gloves.

Appearance: Godwin has a scholarly, yet sturdy, look to his frame. His sharp features and facial structure show him to be a dignified being, but his ragged hair and poor posture point to otherwise. A brown overcoat with gold trim as well as a grey waistcoat adorn his torso, leading down to his black trousers. His clothes are worn and slightly tattered, with smudges, holes, and burns from previous experiments. He has a quality about him that would suggest that he would be quite attractive if he took better care of his personal appearance. He has a slight hunch from being bent over his work. He spends so much time alone with his creations that he is sometimes unaware of societal norms, and thus walks, sits, and handles objects in awkward or unorthodox ways.

Strengths: Godwin is a logical thinker, and is good with figuring out how things work or how to make them just by studying them. He is dedicated to his work, and so is proficient in discovering new ideas and piecing together old ones to make new ones.

Weaknesses and fears: While not physically frail, Godwin is not at all familiar with combat. In a physical confontation, he's more likely to use his wits to bow out of it rather than try his chances at fighting. He is also socially awkward, and ends up saying and doing odd things that could possibly upset others if taken the wrong way. He is constantly enveloped into his work, and often forgets important bodily necessities such as food, hygiene and exercise. He also has an irrational fear of jewelry of all kinds for an unexplained reason.

Religion and cults: Godwin has little time to pray or think about the beyonds, but he supposes there must be deities from above. He doesn't hold any in particular regard, but he acknowledges their existence and their role in mortalkind's existence.

Profession: Godwin is an inventor. He busies himself with imagining new and fantastical things, then trying to give them physical form. He draws from nature and pre-existing creations to facilitate his ideas, using known functions and methods to recreate them in a new way. His ultimate lifetime goal is to create something that can carry a person through the sky without use of magic. All of his many attempts at this have failed, unfortunately. His work devours him, body and mind, usually leaving him secluded and undernourished.

Backstory: Coming soon.

barryg

Real life redstone crafter
The Tinkerer disapproves of a new inventor in Altera! Barry Greyhair is the one and only redstone expert!

TheMello

Villager
I'm sure the friendly competition will make for a more interesting roleplay. ;P Or they could even be inventive partners, possibly. All the more fun! xD