Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Hidden journal

Hoodedstranger

Lord of Altera
Day 1 Night time
My first friend

The first life i met, after being washed up on the
beach, was a young female tailor/clothier.
She asked "I have never seen anyone like you.
Are you from out of town?"
I replied with a question to her "Can you tell me where i am?"
She replied "yes, but not here. Follow me." I did as she told me.
She took me to a house hidden in the forest.
She closed the door gently, and sat on a chair.
"This is where i once hid when bandits plundered my house."
I saw how she looked down in pain. I wanted to ask her, but
I hesitated. "Why don't you lie down on the bed?". I did nothing.
"You can trust me. I want to help you"
So I did the right thing, and sat down on the bed.
"I am sure you had it harsh. You have gone through
some tough times, have you not?"
I nodded.
"I forgot to ask your name. What is it?"
"Call me ulvar..." i answered. "What be your?"
She told me nothing. She first stared at me with silence.
Then she was smiling.
"How about I help you get back up on your feet?
In exchange that you help me. Do you accept?"
I gave a smile back to her and nodded.
"How about some new clothes for you?
You can't walk around with those pants and a bare body."
I could naught help but ask her
"why are you helping me? Others would have taken
me down, to turn me in, if they saw me."
She replied with a smile "You may be a stranger to me, and you
may have been a captive on someones ship. But when i saw you
I could not just deny to help you."
I then felt warm in my body, when i smiled.
I started shedding tears without emotion. I stood up to hug her.
She asked me "Why don't you tell me your experience, and i tell you
about myself?" I replied "Yes, let us do that. You are the only one I
trust now on this land."
I let go of her, and return to the bed and lie down.
She sat down again. She said "Call me Winda for now".
"Then i shall you about myself first."
She looked at me with focus.
She wanted to share her pain, if i would share mine.
I looked up at the ceiling and started talking.
"I grew up in a town where people hated intelligent children. I happened
to be one of them. They were afraid, because i had knowledge.
The only people i could be around with was my own mother.
I do not remember if i had a brother, but he would have hated me too."
I then turned my glance at her. She was looking down on her lap, and shedding tears
She then noticed me, and said "Go on" with a smile.
"There's nothing much that i can tell you, because my memory is at loss."
I knew she would ask me "Then how do remember where you grew up? Your name?"
I replied "I will answer that when the time has come. Let me tell you more about what happened."
"I was a..." she interupted me with what i was gonna say. "A prisoner on a ship? I know.
I did not become a tailor to only sew clothes. Most male prisoners only wore pants like yours with a bare over-body."
"That is right. I was a prisoner on a ship. Of course, i were naught alone."
"Me and the others would be sent to a place where we would battle for our lives."
"I was the only one with no fear. But i knew i weren't a fighter."
"One day, something odd happened. I were the only one on the ship.
But we were still out in the sea. Not a single soul was to be seen, but no escape boats were used."
"That sounds unusual."
"But that is not the strange part. Would you believe me if i told
about the sea monster?"
Winda was stunned, and asked "You saw it?"
I replied without question "Yes, it had tentacles, and it was green.
The first thing i heard was the wild roar. It broke the ship apart, and i were forced to swim the seas.
Of course, i did not get far. I was dragged down, and i could barely hold my breath. But suddenly, i heard the sound of
agony. I was able to swim again, but i would naught be able to make it."
"I thought i would have died. But i was saved. By a being that were half human, and half fish. Then everything blacked out"
"Later, i woke up, and i found myself washed up on the beach. You know the rest of it"
Winda was not able to resist from bursting out crying. She went over to me and hugged me hard.
She was not able to speak for a while. But she was able to lighten her heart.
"I am glad that i am not the only soul who suffers a bad past growing up. I thought i had it worse then you did."
She briefly smiles and starts crying again. She let go of me and apologized, i told her "We all have to lighten our heart sometimes"
"why don't you tell me about your own child hood?"
She nodded.
"I grew up in a town, almost like yours. But my problem were smaller then you would think"
"Other boys was teasing me, and beating me up. Just because i was the daughter of a world traveling merchant.
My mother was kidnapped by bandits, and my father was too busy with his working always saying that money comes before family"
When i was 15 i heard that my mother died. 6 months later, John, who was a member of my fathers crew was found washed up.
He told me about the same monster you described"
"John were a tailor, and he was my only friend."
"Without him, i would not have made it five years ago. He kept me company, he always helped me, and he even taught me about
tailoring. He even showed me this hidden house. It's a shame the bandits kidnapped him."
I closed my eyes and asked "When was that?". She replied "A month ago, and the bandits are still making trouble.
The more they come, the more i spend my time here. I'm glad i met you. I was starting to feel lonely."
We both smiled at each other.
"We should get some sleep now. We will start with our job tomorrow."
I agreed, and i closed my eyes. Then i have dream. It's night time, and i stand in the middle of a village.
I hear the sounds of horses galloping, heading my way. I look at the way the sound comes from,
and it turns out to be lunatics holding up swords and bows. One of them tries to decapitate me, but i dodged it.
Then they all stopped to turn around. One of them spoke to me"That's the first time someone ever dodged that"
He was a bald man, and wearing leather armour. His weapon of choice was a crossbow and a shortsword. I was assuming he was leading this group.
"Who are you anyway? You look like a circus freak!" He and his group started laughing at me.
Somehow i knew, that was the time to strike. I picked up the nearest torch and threw it at the leader while he was still laughing.
He started to scream, as he was set ablaze. His group was frightened. But the horses were more frightened and started running wildly!
I could not help but laugh myself. All the villagers took their chance and made their redemption true.
They only captured the leader alive. He started to speak of me like i was his worst fear. But just as i was about to be seen, i woke up.

Hoodedstranger

Lord of Altera
Day 2 Morning
The new hero of Zena

Winda just came back from getting materials and supplies for me. She was happy.
"I heard that someone stood up against the bandits at night time. He threw a torch at the leader while he was laughing.
So because of the fire, his group had no control on the horses and was knocked out. For a reason they only took the leader alive."
I smiled and said "I can understand why. If you want clues, keep one of your enemies alive. The leader would know the most.
I would guess that the other vilagers want back what they have taken."
"The leader made his mistake, because he dropped his guard down so easily"
Winda started to giggle and then hugged me.
"Your saying this like you were the one who stood up"
I was silent for a second, then i smiled. I took my arms around her too. Suddenly the door opened, it was one of the villagers.
He was happy to see me. He said "Do my eyes tell the truth? Your the one who saved us from the bandits!"
Those words made me stunned to hear. Is this true? Do i have the ability to make things real in my dreams?
I must find out. I asked him if he could take me to his village. I wanted to see the prison.
I looked back at Winda. She smiled and said "Go on. I'll be fine. Why don't you spend some time in the town while i make you
a gift?" I smiled and then turned my glance to the villager. I followed him to where he lived. We started talking to each other.
"Who are you?" I asked.
He gave an answer "I'm rena, a friend of Winda. I used to bully her, but i started to feel soft for her."
"It may be because of what she has gone through, that made me wanna become a friend."
"You did the right choice. I could understand how she felt about it."
"Winda couldn't resist to speak with me about you when she heard what happened. Do not worry.
In a town like this, we help people like you instead of turning them in. Here, it's about trusting each other, and you have earned my trust."
After some time, we finally arrived. A man came and stood in my way. He first gave me a serious look. Then he kneeled down
and started begging me to accept him as a companion. Rena giggled and said "Stop it, your embarrasing yourself."
"You may help me. But not for now." The man was excited and said "Thank you! Thank you!" He took my hand and kissed it.
Then he ran off and started yelling "Hey everyone I have been accepted to someday assist the hero of Zena!"
Rena then looked at me and said "That is the name of our town. We have not told you before, have we?"
Rena just laughed and said "just ignore that guy. He's just overly thankful that you saved Zena."
We went on. Everyone came to greet me. They were friendly. But
The mayor who lead this town lead me to the bar of the inn.
The bartender was a red-haired dwarf.
"What'll it be?" I replied "Water."
The bartender gave a brief smile and told me i was the second one who prefers water in the town.
The mayor sat next to me. He started coughing a, then he spoke.
"You saved our town from the plague who infested us for years. Every time they were able to get away. But thanks to you we are safe.
To show my gratitude, you are allowed to take anything we can offer. I smiled and said "You might need those supplies more then i do."
The mayor laughed and said "Nonsense! The bandits was the only plague for our village"
I answered "But every place can not be free from danger, until it is fully gone"
The mayor was silent for a few seconds. Then he spoke with a weak voice "That is correct, stranger. The land of Altera has many dangers."
Then a peasant woman spoke "But there are always heroes to stop those dangers"
"But not for long, one hero alone can not fight a great evil."
"But when other heroes unite, they are more hard to stop."
"Even the protected have to protect themselves, so that is why they learn from a hero."
The mayor gave a stunned look, and then said "It's incredible of how you know this much."
I gave a silent look, i said nothing for a while.
"From where i came, kind words like your were never told to me."
I stood up from the chair, and walked away. Rain started to pour down.
I look up at the sky, and speak to myself with a silent tone "What is life... if i can't even enjoy it?"
"What are feelings? Why am i not like any other Human? In fact, am i a human myself?
I will have to accept that until i know who i really am."
Rena follows me, and says" Why don't i show you the rest of the town?"
I agreed. They had item shops, the store owner was a little girl with a fairy
They had a blacksmith, who used to be a swordsman. But now he retired to forming metal with a hammer...and being human.
I'm not joking, an undead man who works as a blacksmith. But the weaponshop was also the armour shop.
The undead swordsman took care of the weapons. The one who took care of the armour was a half-orc.
The town even had a druid. He takes care of the healing and the alchemy. Last but not least, the one who saved me.
The mermaid. When she saw me, she quickly dove into the water. I was able to recognize her.
Rena told me that she was not this shy until now. I crouch down on the bridge, gazing down in the water.
I told her "there is no need to hide yourself from me. You saved my life, so i wanted to say...thank you."
Rena told me it was getting late. I told him to go ahead, and meet him back at the inn.
I was patiently waiting for an answer.
A few minutes passed. More minutes passed.
Then i could no longer wait. The sun was getting down. I stood up walked to the end of the bridge.
I heard a voice below.
"The sunset is beautyful is it not?"
It was the mermaid. She had brown hair that was long enough to cover her bust.
Her lower body was a part of a fish, and she had a beautyful voice.
I sat on the edge of the bridge. I asked her "Why did you save me?
From what I know. Other races,like yours avoid contact with humans.
She looked down with shame and said "I learned that not all humans are bad."
"I once went too far from my home not being told what danger lies ahead.
It was a shark, and he was quick one. Without warning, I was bitten on my fin."
She showed me the bite marks she got from the shark. "I swam away as quickly as i could"
I thought if that day could get any worse, and it did."
"I was caught in a net, and helpless to move."
"I were dragged up on land. My captors was two men
who thought they could use me, as an exhibit to earn money.
I could feel as I was slowly choking."
"My life would have ended, if the druid didn't come to save me"
He drove them away."Away with you! Filthy men!" He was wearing a white robe with a red cape, and had a beard
that reached down to his waist. He then looked at me and said "You poor thing." He bent down and examined
her wounds. "It's a cruel world we live in. Mermaids are free creatures, not trophies."
He held up her fin, and took out a potion. "Just a few drops. It will stop the pain.".
As soon as she felt better, she dove back into the water.
The druid sighed and said "I know you mermaids don't trust humans, but hear me. Not all humans are bad."
She told that she understood those words, and asked "Can you please tell me where your town is?"
The druid asked "Are you sure you want to know?" She replied "Yes. You saved my life. I would like to be of help to your town"
He smiled and gave her directions.
"That's a touching story"
I stood up on the bridge, and i yawned. "I should return back to the inn. We will meet again."
The mermaid nodded and then dove back in the water.
Suddenly, i heard Winda behind me.
"Ulvar! Get back. You're missing the feast!"
I ran back to the inn. Everyone was in the inn, and they were happy to see me.
The mayor were drunk, and talked to me in gibberish. But I could understand what he said to me.
"Hick! Hey, it is Ulvar! The hero of Zena. Why don't have a drink with us?"
I said "No, but i think i will go to sleep."
I was given the key. I told everyone to have a good night. I went in to my new room, and found a package on the bed.
On it was a letter. It said

Your gift was finished faster then i expected. You can thank the druid too.
He helped me with preparing the black dye. Your clothes help you to hide in the shadows.
I also made you a coat. It will keep you warm for the winter. Stay for a while, until you are well equipped.
I left you a sack of coins. You can use it for buying and trading.

Winda

I opened up the package. It was a set of light black clothes. They looked like to fit a thief, and had a hood to cover the head.
There was gloves without fingers. It would help to protect the palms from getting cut.
I folded the clothes and put them on the desk. I lied down on my bed, and went to sleep to call it a day.