Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Hoglins

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
1648682048888.png

1648681992269.png
- HOGLINS -

H A B I T A T
These brutish creatures can most commonly be encountered in the forested regions of the nether as that is where these creatures find their prey most often. It is common enough for hoglins to roam outside of these regions, however. The only areas of the nether that they actively avoid is the mire-like Valley of the Fallen.

P H Y S I O L O G Y
People of Altera are unsure of how Hoglins actually came to be in the nether. Some believe that beasts of burden that were dragged into the nether were twisted along with their owners. Though, this is irrelevant to the truly terrifying form that these creatures exude. Hoglins are best described as a brutal amalgamation of oxen and hog, with thick fur and a menacing set of four tusks that jut out from the maw of the creature. On average they stand at the shoulder around 5ft and measure at 8 feet from tusk to tail. The thick hide of these creatures has been tanned and hardened by the atmosphere and weather of the nether, making it difficult to pierce by normal means.

Diet: The hoglins are omnivores, eating whatever they can get their maw around. Whether it be mushrooms or vines that grow from the walls of the redwood fields or the corpses of any pour souls that have wandered to the wrong corner of the nether, nothing is left behind when a hoglin sets its sight on its prey.

Lifespan:
- ?

B E H A V I O U R
Hoglins are fiercely defensive and to not take kindly to wandering adventurers. They will give deep, bellowing snorts as a warning to those who venture too close to their territory. Nothing is known to deter these beasts when they begin to charge. As their brutish appearance might suggest, nothing drives the thought behind these creatures other than hunger and territorial dominance. These beasts also bare slight variations in appearance based on the whim of the hellish corruption of the nether. Some may be near bald with taught pink skin, where some may be completely covered in thick, black fur.

A B I L I T I E S
[Dark Vision]
[Tusks]
[Charge/Toss]

W E A K N E S S E S
-

Y I E L D S
  • Meat
  • Tusks
Credit: AionTbird

Last edited by a moderator:

HollowWorld