Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Ignis Synnove] Albert Rehalia

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron

Magic offers no redemption, inviting demons and chaos to our midst.​
IG NAME: retro_hagrid
CHARACTER: Albert Rehalia
PROFILE:
{ Link }
PATRON: Ignis Synnove
TIER: I
SPELL POINTS: 4
ARTIFACTS: n/a
TRINKETS: None presently
Deity specific passives: Ignis Synnove

Tier I - A firey glow appears in areas of the body in times of heightened emotion, adrenaline, or during spell casting. This can be the eyes, the veins of the body, or the hands/fingertips. They are able to will candles within fifteen meters to light or extinguish so long as they have line of sight.
Tier II -
Tier III -
Tier IV -
Universal passives:
Tier I - SPIRITUAL WEAPON
Tier II -
Tier III -
Tier IV -

Act I:

Though doubtful of it, Albert has as of recent information began to doubt the potential Magic has for the sake of his duty.
Perhaps, if not likely looking to permanently limit his use of magic, disturbed by its dangers and lack of support towards laws keeping it in check.
Though he is still giving room for others to act otherwise, he has began to turn to prayers and zealotry.
Act II:
On his journey, Albert has long thought to come to the research of the arcane. To better understand it, but due to his station and religious views, he doesn't find
his current capabilities could earn himself enough time for that. So, to compensate for this, he's sought out to the north towards his ancestral origins. To abide
and build himself an outpost to begin his research. He keeps a log of the time he spends here and of his findings:
Notebook - Property of his excellency, Captain Albert Rehalia
I arrive in this frozen outback of this country where my family once settled. An old outpost of my family sits there, abandoned.
I will restore it as best I can with the men that have arrived with me. The establishment isn't so bad, save for a few broken windows, snow and dust that still needs to be cleaned and fixed away.

Whilst we re-organize everything, I've already began to produce magic in all my ability to disturb the veil. I promise to myself that it is to the intention
of research and nothing more. Though the fleeting thought that the breaking of the veil could be used as a weapon against enemies of the crown comes
to mind every now and then. So far I've observed no changes in the air, whether or reality itself.

I will continue to make my observations, however for now I must seek to unearth whatever else my progenitors laced here. My father once spoke of "small" dwarven ruins
on which they made their foundations. Hidden in the mountain. It will be exciting to find out what that meant.

Waterday, 19th of Snowdown, 2310 - Season of Frost
Act III
During his exploration and research, Albert consistently starts to notice for himself that people on numerous accounts ignore the ramifications that magic has. Even with the anchors present to help reduce the fallout of sorcery and witchcraft, most still seem to ignore the abhorrent dangers that a mage poses. Acting as if they are but unarmed people, it seemed to him. It would be akin to sitting next to a person with an armed arbalest and assuming they will not use it. What would happen in the situation where a mage is pushed against the boundaries of their mental ability to control themselves? Albert had already undergone one such feat where he almost killed several men after being possessed by an infernal.

It was disturbing enough for him to begin changing himself from the feats of nobility, if only just to prove the people otherwise.
I continue my research of the planar. I have begun to notice changes in the fabric which we perceive. Rain is brought down as purple that does not quench thirst. The colors seem to be distorted, much like the change of Jishrim was in the air. Yet it is arcane in nature, I am certain of it.

A small village exists past the outpost, under the mountains and hills next to a lake. When it is not storming, one can see what little lights are from it. We've made little attempts to contact them, but I am sure they suffer from the ramification of this research. To that, I feel we should restrain ourselves. However, the more I've gone on this path, it come apparent that the people are in blatant lack of knowledge of the dangers of the arcane. Despite the attempts of the exalted priesthood to tell them otherwise, most mages still seem to treat their powers as if they are something else than bombs of alchemical fire, waiting to consume everything around them. I admit that as I am myself a mage, and I will continue to press my powers for this research and to hopefully convince others of its dangers, without restraint.

I fear for the sanity of my mind. It seems as though everyone is ignoring the absolute danger of sorcerers and it just doesn't cope well with me. Everyone, Lady Frost, Lady Wake, Reinhardt, that man from the town of Candlewood. All of them. It is as if I am the only one realizing the danger, apart from Lord Aleksei Ivanov and his flock. It seems that is no other way to make them realize but to expose the world to the direct danger that lay in our hands, not just in the form of the broken veil.

Is it just me? How can one sit next to a person with the power of evisral energies, to burst another into burns that seep as deep as the bones and claim they feel safe?

It frustrates me beyond belief.

Godsend, 5th of Floodlock, 2310 - Season of Frost
Whilst my research of the planar has come to a relative cease, I've come to conclude that with the aforementioned samplings, it is not only useful as a weapon, but also to the caster.

I'm not so sure if the publishment of a book on the matter would change many things. Support for laws that would help guide sorcerers towards better use of their power seems to be low. I suspect an intended suppression from the powers that are. Whilst those in the white tower have it right, It is far too little in the grand scheme of things.

I gather I should take things into my own hands.
Godsend, 9th of Truebirth 2310
The log seems to end here. Wherever the diary remains if anyone should find it.

Last edited:

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Tier - I Ignis Synnove
Show worship of a Divine for at least one month OOC from the creation of a divine profile/thread. ✓ Profile created December 26, 2022
The character must be at least two months old OOC. ✓ Is at least two years old ooc.
The character must be at least sixteen years of age. ✓ 34
Describe the most prominent relevant deed they've done since their last rank up. This can be a hosted event, a significant achievement, or similar spectacle, but it should tend towards acts that demonstrate their faith to others. ✓ Tier 3 Magic sacrifice
Three notable acts in line with their Divine (Hunting, Healing, Bartering, etc) separate to the event(s) above.
From the beginning of his sparking, Albert has taken solely and always to the makings of fire-orientated spells. This was and has always been due to his original faith for Ignis Synnove, whereupon occasionally, Albert also took to prayer before casting any spells. [For which there are chatlogs, but I never took screenshots.]
2. Albert has always been vehemently against demons (Even though he later become part of that. Causing him to despise himself, but something he ultimately believed would be rightful of sorcerers.) and the enemies of Ignis Synnove, fighting against and defending his country from during the following events: [Hills of Eisenheim], [Carnage], [In the aftermath], [Aethellian Defence II].
3. Progression at this stage is paused as Albert takes to demonhood, willingly. Though this is done in a noble ideal, during which he doesn't abandon the ideals of Ignis. However, deems that redemption is past him for the use of sorcery. His intent, however, remains to incite the land into fear against sorcery and in doing so, instill the kingdoms of Altera to produce laws that seek to control sorcery from causing havoc. A calamity he had researched into and become distinctly unfond of so as to cause him down this path. Which, nevertheless remains as something he pursued out of a noble ending. To control, and create a resolute world order from the terrors of magic. Sampled in the diary here: [blessed profile]
4. Upon being convinced that redemption was however still possible, Albert willingly took upon the path to redemption and sought to exorcise himself at [Salvation]. In the presence of followers of Korog, Valiant and most of all Ignis with the Exalt of Ignis present to conduct the lead on the exorcism. Arriving with but his horns as a reminder of his contracted self at the end, now exorcised.
5. With the aforementioned event. Albert swears an oath to uphold Order, to become the foremost servant to the angel of Order and to furthermore never again take to such temptations of power as arcane sorcery. Whether in accepting it from others or using it himself in the form of trinkets or other such items forged by it. Such as his prosthetics(they were removed by Geormorren, however) Meaning, he will not willingly accept help from any magical effects. Even if it were to restore his legs or help turn around a battle.
6. Leaving Aethel Deira. After being exorcised and having conversed with the Exalt of Ignis, Albert travels to Aethel Deira to speak directly with the queen. Insisting that due to his abandonment of duty to Forthyr's Rock and by means, leaving the kingdom's security vulnerable for a moment, he should be punished. Desertion, in other words. However, due to his honesty and his sorry state, the Queen forgives Albert under the condition that he should forge his path in such a way as to forge greatness and good, to right the wrongs he caused. This is significant as Albert is honest, in spite of having completed a crime usually punishable by execution, and has managed to be spared. Upholding towards Truth.
One offering of an item to their Divine at a shrine/church/etc (Log its OOC location for collection.)
Leaves two offerings at the broken Cathedral of SL [5051 75 932] : Aethel Deiran Halberd, and Drakodo cloak. Both signifying final the final vestiges that tied his life to Aethel Deira. A country he sincerely loved and mourned to have to depart from. Marking his willingness to Ignis and the value of said items to Albert. Offering a prayer at the end: (see og post)
7. Swearing of the three oaths pertaining to the inquisition of Saint Jacqueline before the Exalted of Ignis Synnove, Tsar Aleksei Ivanov
The First Oath: I shall obey instruction from The Inheritor exactly, without hesitation or delay.
The Second Oath: I shall not speak of matters of the Inquisition to those not themselves members of the Inquisition.
The Third Oath: I shall bring honor to the Inquisition in all things; I shall now and forever be an inquisitor, my immortal soul bound in absolution to the three oaths.
Further extending his dedication to his path of atonement.
8. Taking part in the first event to [Reduced to Rubble] where Albert follows through the Exalt's lead to bring order and to cleanse the world from Jishrim's taint. During this he aids in Storming the fortification of the Imperator Branko Callas, killing as well as extending mercy to those he could. Ensuring a tie towards the domains of Ignis in an act of nobility, even in the confusion and heart of battle against enemies of the faith. Striving to extend the same mercy and path of atonement he was now on. At the end, he burns the corpses of the enemies slain. Paying homage to the ninth tenet of Ignis.

TIER TWO
In order to first become tier two, the following requirements should be met;
1 month since Tier 1 Tier 1 Achieved 2023, 29th of November
+ 5 total prominent deeds

1.Attended [Reduced to Rubble II] By the lead of the Exalt, Albert takes to the cleansing and siege of Nid-Arach to bring order to the patch of land held holy by Jishrim. Specifically, dictating restraint for himself when offered blessings by the Exalt, displaying to all his behest intent to earn the favor of god, even before his blesseds (this happened whilst Albert's blessing was still pending by after I posted)
2. Attended [Reduced to Rubble III] By the lead of the Exalt, Albert takes to the cleansing and siege of Nid-Arach to bring order to the patch of land held holy by Jishrim, Where upon specifically, Albert took to the burning of a mutated and malnourished Elchbar which, alarmed and scared, attempted to destroy their tools of siege. Offering it a burial by fire to prevent its rising as undead or anything worse. Honoring Ignis' ninth tenet

3. Attending the [Hunters] eventline, during which a band of blessed of Theodra, Sallana, Korog and Valiant seek out the regions of Geormorren. Each with their own motive, unified by their common enemy, the corrupt and unholy. Albert is specifically driven to maintain a quest to reclaim the bits of his soul that were taken during his arcane daemon arc with a contract to the Twinned Horn.
+ Must have completed the ‘material offering’ deed for either T1 or T2 [Completed during his exile from Aethel Deira]
+ Must largely adhere to the tenets and values of their patron

hex codes:
#eb7134
#db652a
#cc5b23
#c2541d
#b04813
#9c3d0e

Last edited:

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron

[source]

-=][=-
As Albert departs from the tumultuous battlegrounds of Nid Arach, a day's worth of warfare etched upon his brow, the sun of the evening casts a unique glow. A heat, unfamiliar to Albert, gently warms his weary face, momentarily lifting the burdens of the recent conflict. This warmth persists as daylight yields to the hues of sunset, and a surge of revitalized strength courses through Albert.
-=][=-

From the ashes of corruption, bound by mortal desire for redemption, hardened by tradition and a strive for order. One rises in the ranks of the light, ascending towards enlightenment.
A new day dawns, what doubts he had from before, even as spoken by the Exalted and performed upon with mercy by way of exorcism, was now a certainty.

"I write upon the holiness of Ignis Synnove, and from the warmth I sensed today, past the blizzard of test in my days to Geormorren and the rogue deity.
I had always been faithful to her, and as I shalt carry my corrupt form, as not just untold evidence of the time of before, but as a testament to the truth; that all can be redeemed. Until the day that I am returned what Geormorren had taken as his price to my belligerence, my wrath, I shall tie myself in the likeness of order, to the domain of Mercy"
Thronesday 29th of Stormwind, 2330

[ Plz move from Unranked ]​