Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Interest Check - Entertainer's Guild?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
So, as some of you already know I'm in the process of moving and so my access to the internet is quite limited at the moment. However, I'm still able to access the forums regularly, and I have big plans for the future of house Cromarcky and the city of Riddleport. One such idea is this:

Since Riddleport (and Cromarcky by extension) is centered toward entertainment, it would make a great deal of sense to open an Entertainer's Guild of some sort in the city. It would allow all sorts of entertainers, from musicians and bards, to jesters and merrymen, to actors and anyone else that would be considered an entertainer. A couple of idea points include:

- Regular hosted events, showcasing the talents of our entertainers, as well as other themed events like karaoke

- A validation system for training new talent, similar to the proposed mage school but player driven instead of staff enforced

- A central location for like-minded individuals to hone their crafts

- A location where interested parties could hire entertainers for their own events, rather than searching (or metagaming) to find the right person

Now, Before I dive into this project and spend the time and resources required to get such an idea off the ground, I'd like to know how many people would be interested in being a part of this organization. I believe this would be a truly awesome addition to the server, but without a healthy number of players invested, I doubt the project would really be able to achieve much.

So, if there were to be some form of an entertainer's guild, let me know if you would support it, and what entertaining skills you can bring to the group.

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
First thing:
I think there are too many 'Guilds' in Altera......like, seriously. Too. Many.
Instead of a guild, maybe it can be a travelling circus/band?
Second thing:
What if I were to use Kairo, my char, as an Entertainer in this group. Can it just be as a hobby?

Kairo Sarcos Silverian

Profession: Advisor, Hunter

Hobby(ies): Drawing, playing the flute, building his muscles (someone has to train to get his muscles right?) and carving with a knife and wood

-GhostKairo

matyio

The original mute
*is one of the few dedicated to musicians on the server, is also narcoleptic, and mute, in that same rolplay* am I the only one seeing problems with Xenai joining this guild?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
The traveling caravan is an interesting idea for a small group of players to make characters for it, but it's not really what I was going for. By all means, please someone else make that group if at all possible. The reasoning for the guild idea was to give a definite location for those who want to train to become some kind of entertainer, as well as a definite place to hold entertainer-styled events.

My thoughts are that the guild would be very much like the Bardic College in Skyrim, as far as structure and purpose goes. It's very open, and there's not a huge hierarchy - Simply the masters of certain fields, and students underneath. It's a simple and effective way to pair up players that want to add a musical/dance/acting/humor side to their character by learning from those who are willing to teach.

Matyio, I think it would be an awesome roleplay experience to have your character teaching students. Frustrating and hilarious.