Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

JennyBean's Application [Accepted - Jase]

JennyBean

Legend of Altera
Spooky
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
SkelepunBeanie
SkelepunBeanie
Spooky
The Whitelist Application Form

About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username
?
SkelepunBeanie

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your time zone?
United Kingdom, GMT

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the act of using knowledge you have OOC during roleplay. It creates an unfair advantage for your character and takes away from immersion/storytelling, as your character would have no way of knowing that information in the first place.
Powergaming is the act of making your character unreasonably strong, either by having them gain power and skill too quickly or by reducing another player's ability to respond to your character's actions.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Hi! I'm JennyBean, and I'm a freshly graduated games programming student about to start work in software engineering next month. I enjoy playing video games, D&D and other tabletop RPGs. Currently, I am playing Minecraft, Hollow Knight and a multiplayer game of Stellaris and taking part in a D&D 5e Descent into Avernus campaign. I've also been teaching myself to create digital artwork over the past couple of years, like this piece I made for my current D&D group that they beg me to post everywhere. My taste in music is pretty much "anything I can vibe with at that time", currently listening to Tally Hall, the Oh Hellos, half-alive and Lovejoy whilst writing this.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I_Am_Wake

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Valerie Gerharde

Character Age:

Character Race:
Kaltic Human

Appearance:
Female, 5'6" in height, with an average build. Long, black hair, often braided. Brown eyes, pale skin. Usually wears one of two outfits: A long but simple, navy-coloured dress, exposing very little skin or a combination of gambeson, trousers and riding boots when working or travelling.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
1626561291298.png

Written Test!
Valerie trudged through the snow-covered forests, the sun setting in the sky over the town behind her. She could see her home ahead and was more than ready to rest by the fire after a long day working. Finding work in town was difficult, but necessary now that winter had come and the animals she normally hunted are nowhere to be seen.

Her thoughts began to drift as she walked, processing the stories she had heard in the past few days. Stories of monsters and conflict, of adventures. Stories from distant lands that she might never see. Might.

“I’ve saved enough money, I can buy the supplies tomorrow. What’s stopping me?” she thought to herself as she approached the door, opening it and stepping inside. It was exactly as she left it: clean, but not entirely spotless. Her sketchbook, a small stack of papers bound by leather, was set on the chair by the fireplace. Closing the door, she moved to light the fire, throwing a fresh chunk of firewood in, before picking up the book and flicking to an empty page. She felt that she was never very good at drawing, but she enjoyed it. Tonight, however, her inspiration had run dry. Maybe it was because she was tired, or maybe it was that lingering thought.

“I’ve dreamt of travelling for years. I want to see the world and its beauty for myself. Maybe I can finally do it, but…” Her thoughts trailed off as she stared at the blank page. Her gut told her she wasn’t ready. It was just last week she heard of undead wreaking havoc on a small village. Whether it was true or just a drunken sailor’s ramblings, could she truly fend for herself against undead? Or even bandits? Sure, animals were easy prey for her, but they rarely put up a fight.

“Maybe I’ll save up some more, for lessons. Maybe I’ll be less worried if I’m more prepared.” A soft smile crept across her lips, as she carefully picked up the graphite rod she used for her sketches. That sounded like a plan to her, one that might just work. A small spark of hope in her mind was all she needed as she began to sketch. The world around her seemed to fade away as she focussed on the image forming on the page: A lone figure looking out to the horizon, towards distant mountains. Her eyelids soon grew heavy, and she set the book aside. It was time to turn in for the night, and she had more work to do tomorrow if she truly wanted to see the world.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.