Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Jorge7- Application [Declined - JustShadow]

jorge7

Villager
1. What is your minecraft username?
jorge7​
2. How old are you?
17​
3. What gender are you?
Male​
4. What country do you live in?
United States of America

5a. Do you agree to read our Survival Guide before logging onto the server?
I so agree​
5b. Do you agree to consult both our Tome of Citizenship and Everything you need to know page before asking any questions in the game?
I so agree​
6. Please provide a lengthy in-character introduction.
I am the only known 11th century Marxist. I come to Hollow World because I hear of new lands and people I can bend to my control to satisfy my craving for my twisted form of Authoritative Communism. I fancy myself an accomplished PVPer and hope to murder those who do not take favor with my vitriolic ideology, in a macabre fashion. I do not personally believe in Communism, but it is highly controversial on this internet, so I defend it whole-heartedly. In the coming weeks you will likely find me hiding out in the wilderness amassing materials I need to take the server by force. Just know that I am not half as bad as the statement above makes me seem.

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, what your interests and/or hobbies are and why you would like to be a part of our community in around 8 sentences or more. You do not have to disclose any personal information if you don't want to, but we'd just like to know what kind of person you are.
I am currently in high school, and I am that scary kid who thinks school is fun. But, I do my best not to be like the stereotypical "nerd". I play lacrosse at school, and I play lots of other sports. I know more about the US military than you know about your parents. I hope to be an officer in the military when I grow up. I hope to go to school at Harvard University. I do plenty of extra curricular activities, but I can't spill all the beans right away. I think you will find I am not nearly as strange as my above statements suggest.
8. Do you have any examples of your work and creativity, either in minecraft or outside? You can attach them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
I've built very nice things on other survival servers. But showing everyone might spoil surprises.

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
No.

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
I have been informed of this, yes.

11. How did you find out about our server?
Random Inspiration. I googled Hollow world.

12. Have you voted for us? (Click Here
I don't much believe in Democracy.

Bellon the Wise

Survivor of Five Rivers
Hmm, one question before I approve this...

This server is a Medieval server.... how are you going to deal with the idea of communism in a community during this time period?

Eric V

Legend of Altera
Well bellon, not to answer for him, but communism is an idea, not a technology :)

edit*** basically what i mean is, its possible for anything to think "why shouldn't there be everything equal in the government with one supplier for everything"

Edit2*** but then again, i don't know much about communism :(

Bellon the Wise

Survivor of Five Rivers
Well bellon, not to answer for him, but communism is an idea, not a technology :)

edit*** basically what i mean is, its possible for anything to think "why shouldn't there be everything equal in the government with one supplier for everything"

Edit2*** but then again, i don't know much about communism :(
Oh I understand that buddy. But that idea really was NO WHERE NEAR thought of during medieval times.

Communism says that every person should have an equal share.... that is definitely not the ideology during medieval times. I want to know how he plans to promote that idea in Altera when were are in the thick of the Game of Crowns.

jorge7

Villager
If my sources are indeed correct, King Arthur proposed a Communist government as early as the 10th century. Unfortunately, papal authority and creed did not concur with this ideology. Medieval thinking was heavily curtailed by the very strict and restrictive scrutiny of the pope. If you are good at jigsaws you can unscramble my avatar and see it is a skin of our beloved King Arthur. Of course King Arthur (me) was not so much of a strict Marxist; instead, more so of a Stalin-esk figure. That is, dictator of the proletariat. Perhaps you will feel the need to call an in-game crusade on my radical ideals. Either way, I'm here to spice things up. Something that isn't unheard of in a Medieval Fantasy setting.

jorge7

Villager
I wasn't aware that this server was a historical re-enactment. In my opinion, an element of authoritative communism wouldn't be too far off the beaten track in medieval fantasy. Marx once proposed that communism is the ultimate form of human economics and policy. Theoretically, there is no defining event that makes communism exclusive to the 20th century. Therefore in theory, communism makes more sense in a medieval fantasy setting than do elves or dwarves (aliens). What is so wrong about having the "ultimate and final form of government" in a setting earlier than we traditionally know it in history books? There is no major historical pattern or event that precludes it.

Eric V

Legend of Altera
Its the fact that the people who thought of communism as we currently know it, are dead and have had no contact with Altera, communism is a "higher" form of thinking beyond the simple kings and peasants of this time, where even democracy is un-heard off. Monarchy is the way they know, so unless you plan to be a philosopher who thinks of the theory of communism, it can't exist.

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
I find your attitude slightly revolting, honestly.
I mean, why not edit your character's backstory, and take 5 more minutes to put into it, instead of arguing with 3 high-ranked authorities.
I just don't see how this is logistically intelligent.
Also, I apologize for being blunt, but fluffing it out with blithering nonsense would just be... well, Nonsense!
Anywho, I enjoyed the rest of your application.

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
Guys he has a point, this server isn't exactly a historical re-enactment.
But does seem a like you're trying to push your political views on the server however.

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
Uh... Am I the only one that actually read the answer to question six?
It's an in-character introduction, which should mean no reference to the server name, no "PVP", nothing of a server and certainly no mention of the Internet. Your character wouldn't know what any of these mean. So I can't see any approval until this is improved upon.

Eric V

Legend of Altera
true, can this just be declined already? We all know this isn't good in the server lore, and he has done nothing but battle our advising to change it, i say let him be declined and if he wishes to make another one let him.

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
true, can this just be declined already? We all know this isn't good in the server lore, and he has done nothing but battle our advising to change it, i say let him be declined and if he wishes to make another one let him.
*Looks at the title of the thread*