Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Just some extra info i need to know...

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
>>Please note Knowing me I've probably missed something silly while reading the Survival Guide so please Don't put unnecessary comments! and tell me if i have missed something<<

Question 1: So i have explored altera and i have realised that i dont think there is anywhere where i can build and destroy blocks outside of towns in rural areas of altera so can you please tell me if there is anywhere i can do so and if not how can i aquire resources...

Question 2: I have also noticed that i cannot Use furnaces in towns meaning im starving to death in game so... do i need to join the town or is the current rank i am at stopping me from doing these, is it some sort of spectator rank and if so do i need ranking up?

Question 3: (This links in with Q2) I am planning on putting books around towns or a town but i need to have access to chests or to place them or whatever, the books are about my characters past he is a foreigner to Altera and has a bit of a sad, gory past and i want to display that in a better way than just letting it all out in world chat so... im guessing i need to join the town am i right?

Question 4: So, final question. In the future i am planning on making a town and i want to ask:
A: Am i even allowed to make them?
B: How will i get a Dock master/ Warp set up there, can i even get them and if so im guessing im going to need an admins/ moderators help to do so...
C:What about protection areas and Shops things that are complex even gates like the ones at Port Silver that close at night...

I might have more questions in future....

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Please reread the guides. The answer to everything is right there. http://worldofaltera.co.uk/link-forums/survival-guide.373/

To summarize your questions:

You cannot build outside of a region you have permission to build in while you're in the Northern Kingdoms world. Go to the Sorrowlands, the nonprotected world.

You cannot access inventories such as chests and furnaces unless you're a member of the region they're in. The Sorrowlands do not have this protection.

Use the Message Boards that are around. To use them, check out the Features Visual Guides by ptiber.

Jaypate

Lord of Altera
:/ im not exactly sure how to get to the sorrowlands, im very new... i havent even seen some of the pluggins in this server

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I hate sounding like a complete idiot lol
So how do i join that town/ region?
You'd have to ask permission of the region's owner, which may require purchase of a house there. Once you are given permissions to the region, you may build, use furnaces et.

Of course, unless you're in a claimed region, you can do all of these things without having to buy a home or plots. Starting a town costs rather a lot of money because of this, and personally I wouldn't advise it to people who've recently joined the server.

If you love to build, it may be beneficial to provide examples of your work in the Port Silver Trading Company/Roleplay sections: your character can be an architect without owning all the places he's built, for example.