Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

• Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! We're closing soon. Please enjoy the forums for now!

Keening's Whitelist Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Keening

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Keening

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
North America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yep.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the use of OOC information in roleplay for your own gain. For example, if you heard your friend was in trouble, and you went to save them (without the proper knowledge beforehand), you would be metagaming.

Powergaming is the process of removing another player's ability to react to your emotes by forcing them into a particular situation without giving them a chance to react. An example of this would be emoting something along the lines of "James lashed out with the edge of his blade, instantly decapitating Angus."

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Hero

8. Tell us about yourself!
I enjoy playing a few multiplayer games like PUBG, GTA 5, and I play Osu pretty often. I also like playing a little bit of Overwatch every now and then. Besides that, I read in my free time.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Not really? The screenshots I do have are from another server and contain the IP on-screen, and I only have a couple of those anyway. My style resembles a high medieval, nearly victorian in nature. I pay specific attention to windows and decoration indoors, but I usually have bursts of
If I still need to include some, I can go ahead and add a few screenshots

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was introduced to the server by Soviet_Reindeer and Sir_Saltington.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Septimus Aldin

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Septimus is rather well-muscled, but quick on his feet. His build isn't particularly broad, nor extremely lanky, leaving him in an average middleground. His face is bordered by an average jaw, rounded chin, goatee, and well-kept black hair. His eyes are a light cobalt blue, reminiscent of his coat, and he bears a rather modest brow. His lips often display an intrigued grin. At Sep's waist is a thick belt, and a tattered cloak graces the empty space at his back.

His travelling clothes are rugged, but obviously warm, and maintain a rather thin palette of light browns and greys, topped by a teal overcoat with a bordure of red.
The inside of his coat contains numerous pockets, all of which are completely empty.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Got a few of them, but this'll be what I use most often.
https://namemc.com/skin/b0b69d6348654d19

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

The story will be about my character, since I may as well expand on him and develop a personality.

Septimus Aldin was born to a rather mediocre family in the small town of Alavase, an area in the rugged north, to Jameson and Katla Aldin. Throughout his childhood, he was raised with little issue, putting his best efforts forth when he could; His father, a soldier for the militia of Alavase, pushed Septimus to perform at the best of his ability, and to be an honest, hardworking member of Alavase. Sep's mother was once an animal breeder, and so taught him from a young age about the value of animals to the city, and how they provide the town with food and leather for families and soldiers alike. It was common that he'd also venture outside to see his father in the guards' barracks where he was either training or working with another soldier named Aldrich to secure the wooden walls of Alavase. While he watched his father, Septimus developed an interest in the militia, wishing to follow his father's path as a soldier. Then, after a few moments, he realized he also had interest in animals, wishing to also be either an animal breeder or leatherworker like his mother in Alavase. After deep consideration over the following days, he realized there was a also a third choice. Practicing to become a leatherworker while training himself with both sword and shield until he could qualify as a soldier of the militia. He would have something to fall back on if he could never quite did follow his father's footsteps, and he'd be capable of repairing basic leather linings and inserts for plate.

At age sixteen, Septimus began working for the town's current leatherworker, Aldrich (The same soldier his father worked with), who showed him how to clean the leather so that it was usable on the tanning rack. After spending some time learning the basics, Septimus explained to Aldrich that he was also interested in being a militiaman, and that leatherworking wasn't something he was too sure about as a permanent occupation. Aldrich took that into consideration and after a few days he began training Septimus first by running and developing his endurance, then gradually moved into using wooden sparring swords. Since he was still a beginner, Septimus obviously found it much harder than he expected; he soon realized that he'd really need to put forth effort to learn the techniques and stances Aldrich provided him.

A month and change passed from then, and while Septimus and Aldrich were tanning a few pieces of leather, a courier arrived. He gave a letter to Aldrich, and after a minute of reading over it's contents, Aldrich looked up to Septimus and began to explain that he had to leave for his hometown, Westport, because his sister was dangerously ill and likely wouldn't survive to the end of the month. Unfortunately, this also occured when Sep's father was away visiting his sister's wedding. Left with only his mother, Septimus had little choice but to put a halt on tanning leather, since that was all he'd learned so far. Sep's father would be home in a few days anyways, so he didn't think much of it.

Shortly after Septimus's father returned, Aldrich sent word that he would not be coming home, as he found that his sister had a very young son. He explained that he would remain in Westport, and that Septimus still had quite a bit to learn about leatherworking -- a lot more than just how to properly skin fats from the leather and dry them -- so he'd be best off closing the leatherworking post and doing something else instead. He also mentioned that, since he'd not be returning, Septimus should make an attempt to join the militia (now known as The White Company) for the first time. Surprised, Septimus spent a little time moping, then set his mind towards determining if he was still interested in joining the White Company, which was met with an immediate "Absolutely."

A little under a week later, Septimus visited the White Company barracks and offered one of their recruiting flyers forward, saying he was interested in joining. They went over the basics; where are you from, what are you good at, name, age, everything they considered important, before speaking with their quartermaster and letting the two fight with sparring swords to determine Sep's capabilities. With a quick jolt of joy, Septimus made the first mistake of underestimating the quartermaster. He took a quick thwack to his left leg and grunted in annoyance. He couldn't simply throw himself at the quartermaster, that'd be certain failure, so instead he focused on avoiding each blow when he could to catch the quartermaster off-guard. Since he was still rather under-trained, this proved to be quite difficult, but the quartermaster saw potential.

Septimus was by no means a great swordsman, he had the better part of a month and a half in practice and knew one or two basic stances, but little else. As a result, he took a precise beating. Fortunately for Septimus, dedication is what the quartermaster was searching for. After a few more minutes of constant bruising, the quartermaster let off and wandered back into the barracks.

The recruiter seemed to take this as an adequate performance and issued Septimus a bed in the barracks. In the following weeks Sep learned that he had made a mistake. The militia was certainly a good thing for Alavase, but Septimus simply couldn't stand how strict everyone was. He spoke with the quartermaster again and turned in the grimy outfit he'd been assigned and returned home within a month.

At this point in his life, Septimus sought to simply explore, not be tied down by strict regulations and wear some filthy, grimy, disgusting coat the militia had assigned him. He reflected on his choice to join the militia and ultimately decided he'd be best off avoiding things like that in the future. And, since he was nearly nineteen, he'd be best off travelling to learn more about the world anyway. He left Alavase the following month after helping his mother close the leatherworking post and emptying his room to be storage.

And.. his story picks up a few years later.

(EDIT: I excluded a lot of information about Aldrich teaching Sep leatherworking, which should dumb down his leatherworking potential overall. I also shortened the time he spent practicing with Aldrich, leaving him with some pretty common knowledge, in my opinion.

Also sent him wandering at the end, so the city and 'White Company' aren't apart of his daily life anymore. That should fix everything.)

(EDIT #2: I realized there was a wall of text on the left side that had "Septimus" three times in a row, which was an eyesore. Shouldn't be messy like that now.)

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello and thank you for applying to Hollowworld! Your application is off to a good start so far, but there are just a few notes I'd like to make first so you can improve:
  1. The wording on your metagaming definition is unclear to me. Can you add another sentence, or maybe reword it?
  2. Your powergaming definition, while not wrong, is incomplete. Read the examples another time, as see if you can figure the other part. Maybe write some of your own examples if this is easier for you.
  3. Your written test is quite good, but I am confused about "The White Company" and this town "Alavase." The story makes it sound like he still lives and works in this (as far as I know) made up place. It's OK to hail from made up places, but your character should move on from them and not continue to claim living there.
  4. This isn't something you really need to change, but just as a reminder-- remember that your character should only start with novice level skills and gear. I simply put this here since your character is involved with crafting and fighting as skills, and it's important to remember.
That's about it! Once you've made the proper amendments, post here and I'll take a second look. Thanks for your patience, I appreciate it.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Septimus?
Keening?

Is there a Sunder in there somewhere?

If these are the references that I know, then you're automatically on my good list.

Keening

Lord of Altera
Septimus?
Keening?

Is there a Sunder in there somewhere?

If these are the references that I know, then you're automatically on my good list.
Yeah, actually. And there happens to be an alt account named Sunder__ which may or may not be mine.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯