Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Khajiit has Travels

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

Ri'saad has a daughter.
Art'ya is a wayward soul; having only known the roads they traveled and only dreamed of the warm sands they speak. They traveled through wartorn lands and arrive now outside Markarth, a city they say built by the Dwarves, entirely of stone.
But Art'ya cannot see the marvels of ancients, for the Nords do not let Khajiit inside their walls.

With her fathers blessing, she wanders now the dangerous Reach in rumor of a Dwarven ruin nearby she can instead explore. Ri'saad has no worries: he knows he cannot keep his daughter chained to the caravan. She has traveled long enough with him to know her way.

But an Orc home blocks the path.

The Orc wants something for entrance to pass. Art'ya knows the true value of barter; to give and exchange. She sought out what they wanted, a simple enchanted pair of gloves behind a waterfall not too far away from where the camp was. Silly Orcs could have got it themselves easily.

Blood-Kin?
For such simple task? The Orcs are more welcoming than the Nords, as they welcome Khajiit in their home.

Tonight it rains, so Art'ya says.
Khajiit explore ruins tomorrow.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Within ruins, Khajiit finds little but blind monsters and ghost lady. She says blue metal is valuable, but priceless... so no buyers. Her bow, Art'ya takes.
Not all lost, however. A strange letter arrives to Khajiit outside of a roadside inn.

Khajiit welcomed in city? She brings proof to the gateguard to enter to see this strange wizard who knows of Art'yas exploit!
To return to Markarth, Art'ya is excited to see her father Ri'saad once more..
but he has moved on.

This saddens Art'ya.
The city of stone is a marvel to behold. Art'ya sells the Dwemer artifact to the court wizard and buys his books. Perhaps this is good way to live, yes?
Perhaps Ri'saad will be proud of Art'ya in her adventures to come.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Khajiit leaves Markath now. People here speak of blood much, threaten eachother and a priest says a house is haunted. Art'ya leaves.

To leave, this one stops at the stables to get a horse. Ri'saad cannot have gone far. Four hooves are better than two paws.

Skyrim is a land dangerous.
It is not welcoming. It is cold, bitter and spiteful. Each road has traps, fiends and foes.
Art'ya mourns the losses she passes.

But the land has beauty and horror.
This one does not know the sands of her homeland, yet can marvel at the homeland of anothers. Skyrim has many marvels.

Ri'saad was not outside Whiterun.
Khajiit enters to rest for the night and hopes to find work.

The Nords of Skyrim love to kill and harm.
This saddens Art'ya. She does not like killing if it can be avoided. Thankfully, there is a simple job here she can do. Deliver to a village near called Riverwood.
A man there wants a potion from Whiterun.
Art'ya can do this task.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Art'ya thinks Riverwood is nice and pleasant. The potion delivered, she finds herself with much time.

With gold, Khajiit buys supplies from the merchant. He raves about a stolen item. He may blame Khajiit, so Art'ya leaves quickly. She buys a bag and a fishing rod for a night meal.

Art'ya dreams of pleasant life; an adventurer, yes, but a fishercat?
Skyrim has many magical things, yes, so why not magical fish? Perhaps this is Khajiits calling.
Khajiit likes fish.

To learn of these mystical fish, Khajiit decides to travel east to Riften. There are many fisheries there.
But as she travels, Khajiit sees something terrible!

The town destroyed and Khajiit would not have believed it if she had not seen it. A dragon!
Art'ya flees to the next town, for she wishes not to be dragon food.

To stay at the night at the inn, Art'ya will recover from the scare of a flying lizard.
But the innkeeper says something interesting.

Khajiit did not believe, so Khajiit had to see!

A dragon and a ghost in one day?!
Art'ya did not believe in either yesterday!
This is most interesting. Her world has been shaken! Never in all the moons did she believe in such beings, but real, she has seen them!

What is a cat to do but drink?

Thankfully, the innkeeper stocked her most desired drink...

...to celebrate life, for ghost and dragon encountered and Skyrim well-traveled, Art'ya has been saving something.
Ri'saad gave her something to go with before leaving camp toward that Dwarven ruin, passed the Orc home.

A taste of a home she has never been.

Was nice.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend

It is rare to find kin in such cold lands, but Dar'rakki is a sorrowful soul.
He speaks of betrayal and sadness, the loss of a friend whom he joined here to Skyrim.
To count the steps of this Nordic myth has become his life goal, for his heart cannot bare another betrayal.

Art'ya chooses to help a fellow Khajiit... and an old man deliver supplies.

The journey up the steps was unkind. Many wolves and a horrible troll tried to stop her path.
But the view was worth it.

Art'ya could not see inside the monastary. It was locked; the monks isolated.
The trip made her bones ache.

The steps?
There were not 7000 steps.
There were near about 748.. steps.
But to tell Dar'rakki this truth would break his heart. Khajiit thinks it unwise to allow him to suffer.
A much needed lie.

Khajiit sleeps well for the night, though her bones still hurt from the frozen journey.
She continues now to Riften, onward to the fishes.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
This one finds the Rift most beautiful.

But Riften most unwelcoming.

Riften fishery hired Art'ya to fish for specific fish, at specific times of day and weather.
This pleases Art'ya, for she has purpose without senseless killing that Nords crave so much.

Fishing is a tiresome, yet majestic work. The landscape is better when observed slowly and patiently.

But Art'ya has nightmares of climbing the 700 steps.
The cold of Skyrim chills Khajiits fur.
Perhaps, for now, we stay where it is warmer, yes?

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
(( Constant crashes when entering Riverwood. That can't be good... I don't really know what is causing it neither. Typical Skyrim modding. ))

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Khajiit travels far to fish and swim. She finds many reminder that other Khajiit have been here before her.

But Art'ya also finds many foes.

Khajiit has become good at fighting with sword and bow.
It concerns her.
Perhaps after fishing, one may consider a career change for doing good things for the people of Skyrim.

The reward to see a child safe and smiling is good for Art'ya's soul.

Before this change, Art'ya has a few more fishing jobs to do.
The Riften Fishery has told her of a dangerous fate far, far north along the coasts of a distant land called Dawnstar.
Art'ya shall go to Dawnstar...
Though it will be cold.
Perhaps as cold as the 700 steps.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Art'ya traveled far north by road from Whiterun to Dawnstar. There is little to write of this travel; it was uneventful aside from wolf, bandit and spider.
Dawnstar suffers dreams, but this is of no consequence to Art'ya. She is not to stay here. The mudcrab problem is along the coast.
But before Art'ya travels, she finds a ship with interesting individuals aboard-- well traveled ones, more than she.

Art'ya finds a sword from her homeland for sale here... it is not a strong thing, but it means much to her now.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Art'ya found Dawnstar's crab problem to be much larger than originally believed.

This one is happier now.
If Art'ya can defeat a massive crab thought extinct; she can do much.
Treasure hunting! Finding a flier for a Solitude museum opening, Khajiit heads there.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
(( This run has been some good fun, though I feel obliged to start a new playthrough after about 20 hours of this. The fishing Creation Club was... less than fun, more on the grindy side. Art'ya was also a stealth archer, which-- after playing Ghorza-- makes it less enjoyable for me. I'd rather play the Dragonborn Skyrim lore wants me to be; a fighter! Which, finally, is the last problem with this playthrough...))

((...I kept coming across Dragonborn related quests not activating because I avoided Art'ya becoming the Dragonborn for this run. She was normal, not a hero. Thus a lot of things didn't load, including Moonpath of Elsweyr, a mod I really wanted to play on this run-- but also some interesting dragon interactions. I'm going to start a new run, I think. ))