Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Legend of Grimrock

Belkenman

Loyal Servant of Altera
This game is only new to steam. It came out today (12/4/2012)

Legend of Grimrock is a dungeon crawling role playing game with an oldschool heart but a modern execution. A group of prisoners are sentenced to certain death by exiling them to the secluded Mount Grimrock for vile crimes they may or may not have committed. Unbeknownst to their captivators, the mountain is riddled with ancient tunnels, dungeons and tombs built by crumbled civilizations long perished now. If they ever wish to see daylight again and reclaim their freedom the ragtag group of prisoners must form a team and descend through the mountain, level by level.

The game brings back the oldschool challenge with highly tactical real-time combat and grid-based movement, devious hidden switches and secrets as well as deadly traps and horrible monsters. Legend of Grimrock puts an emphasis on puzzles and exploration and the wits and perception of the player are more important tools than even the sharpest of swords could be. And if you are a hardened dungeon crawling veteran and you crave an extra challenge, you can arm yourself with a stack of grid paper and turn on the Oldschool Mode which disables the luxury of the automap! Are you ready to venture forth and unravel the mysteries of Mount Grimrock?

This is probably one of the single most amazing dungeon crawlers i've ever seen and the graphics set up a real dungeon like atmosphere i highly reccomend it. Amazing game i rate it 10 out of 10.

If you are not sure about this game you can watch some playthroughs on youtube about it. I'll like you all to a pre release playthrough i found.

Its only $15 on steam (Same price at MineCraft) and currently on special

Belkenman

Loyal Servant of Altera
Tell me how it goes man :D Its an amazing game.. i unfortunately dont have it yet cus again... Works delayed pay to me set me back a fair bit. so i cant get it untill paypal processes :p But i'd love to hear about your gameplay experience :)

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Can't play mine until I get home tonight. I pre-ordered from GOG.com

Any good?

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Ima see if I can grab it on steam, looks awesome and the rumour of a map editor appeals to me GREATLY :D

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
I wants it, I wants it! I wants the precious!

Did I already say i'm interested greatly in a possible map editor?