Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Leobyn - Application [Approved - JustShadow]

Hades

Villager
This is the best way to set out your application, so make sure you copy and paste it into your application then fill it out so you don't miss anything.

In this guide I will use this form and explain each section as best I can.

1. Your Minecraft username: Leobyn

2. Age: 40

3. Gender: Male

4. Country: USA

5. Have you read the Tome of Citizenship or agree to do so before signing into Hollow World for the first time?
Yes

6. How do you feel about the 'roleplay' aspect of our server? Do you have any experience roleplaying?

a) How do you personally feel about roleplaying both on our server and in general.
I enjoy role playing in video games, although this will be a first try for me in Minecraft. It will be interesting to try on your server since the setting and rules are fitting to my play style and preference.

b) Do you have any experience roleplaying? For example playing popular role playing games such as Fable, Runescape and World of Warcraft.
I have played many RPGs both single and multiplayer. The closest to this would likely be my time spent in RP servers of Bioware's Neverwinter Nights.

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, your interests / hobbies and why you are here in 8 sentences or more.
Hello all. I just applied and hope to join the server soon.

I just began my adventures in Minecraft and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
I played for a week so far doing survival and learning.

I'm 40 and I've been playing games upwards of 20 years now. In all that time
I've never experienced such a wonderful sandbox game. I live in New York and have a great job working for the Dept. of Health Services in my County. I am in the Marine Bureau and I work on boats and at the beach sampling and monitoring the water and inspecting the bathing beaching in the summer.

I enjoy the outdoors and sports. A couple other hobbies of mine besides video gaming is modelling and reading Sci-fi and Fantasy books. I've got 3 youngsters who are very active and fun, so it's when they are tucked into bed that I get to playing Minecraft.

My focus in joining a multiplayer RP server is to keep enjoying the game while roleplaying, exploring, building, and surviving, along with others. I've been a fan of mmorpgs because of their social nature, and I'd much rather play with others if given the opportunity (nicely, or otherwise, <evil laughter>). I do enjoy a bit of PvP sometimes.

I was first drawn to Minecraft because of its sandbox nature. I never thought it could become such a fascinating platform for RP. I am not very creative when it cones to building structures, but I am very versatile and spontaneous when role playing. I do enjoy building, and perhaps the motivation to build with a more RP purpose will help improve my work.

8. If you have examples of your work please attached them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
No pictures worth posting. I'm still rather new to the game and not much of creative mind in terms of building.

9. Is there anything else you would like to share with us?
I am relatively new to Minecraft. So far, I love it, can't get enough of playing the Vanilla single player survival mode. I did join a multiplayer server that has been fun, but now I am looking for a more diverse experience (RP, PvP, etc.).

I am a social player. I like to work cooperatively. I also like competing. Although I enjoy PvP, I don't simply get a kick out of PKing others for no reason. I like meaningful PvP, it's best when done in a RP setting.

I'm an older, veteran gamer who has limited playtime. I will contribute to the community as much as my spare time will allow. I am a pretty laid back guy who just likes to be immersed in a good game with friends. That's really what I am looking for in Hollow World.

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xraying, xray texture packs or mods for locating ores) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
Yes, I am aware and will comply

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
Can you add more to question 7 about yourself outside of Minecraft? We'd like to know the real you as well as the RP you - that way we can have a closer community, which is always good!
I liked what I read though, so I can imagine all will be well after you add this part in.
Additionally, just wondering: why is it your forum name is 'Hades', your username is 'prd30' and yet your application title is for 'Leobyn'?

Hades

Villager
Edited.

My currect Minecraft Account Name is Prd30. I didn't know when I created it that this would be my in-game character name forever.

I thought that I could create another account and play under that new name, but alas, to become Premiun and play online, another copy of the game has to be purchased. I already have 2 copies (my son and I play Minecraft together on occasion), and I figured if I get accepted, I will get the third account and use Leobyn.

Sorry for the confusion, I will be happy to have all my names match, preferrably to Leobyn, but I will simply keep Prd30 if I must.

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
Ok, that is understandable. If you were to create a premium account with that name, I'm sure we'd be more than happy to whitelist that account too.
Otherwise: you have been approved!

Welcome to Altera!
Most players when they log on want to jump in and get established/build before they do anything else. In Hollow World players must first find a town before they can build. You may join a town by asking the mayor or assistant mayor to add you. You can view all the information about a town by typing /town [townname] .

Please visit this link. It will help you choose a town.

http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?forums/altera-census.43/

Lastly, please, PLEASE!!! make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it!!! We have a 0 tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal. You have been warned.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence. Hollowworld does not permit the use of shared Minecraft accounts and the account you use to apply here is your responsibility. Keep your password safe and DO NOT share your account with ANY third party. You have been warned.

Hades

Villager
Thank you. I spent a good part of the evening reading over the various towns, cities, villages, etc. I really liked Skara Brae.

I will go ahead and purchase the Premium account for Leobyn. Is it possible to change my forum name to the same? Or shall I go ahead and register with that name?

Hades

Villager
I re-registered at this site with the Username Leobyn. That is what my character name will be in Hollow World. Now I just need to confirm the E-mail (for some reason it isn't reaching me). Also, Prd30 is on the Whitelist, not Leobyn.

I know I brought this upon myself with all the confusion. Looking forward to getting on to see Hollow World soon.