Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Make Arma Not War, Arma 3 Thread

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Hey, falling in love with the game despite my inability to get past Bingo Fuel in the Adapt campaign (gonna try after getting better equipment guerrilla-style in Scouting,) and was curious as to whether anyone else played the game and might want to do some multiplayer. For those of you unaware, the Arma series are very serious military simulation games, in lameman's terms "hard," produced by Bohemia Interactive. The learning curve is unforgiving, with a system that can only be described as convoluted and poorly explained in the tutorials, but well worth it with the realistic level of control you experience in the field. The game is available on on Steam and on it's Official Website. I highly recommend it, and I promise that if you can get the hang of the controls you will be hooked.

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
Aayyy. I play as well. :D
I do miss the old ARMA games, ARMA 3 is better with mods, in my opinion! Ever played 2 or any previous ones~?

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Aayyy. I play as well. :D
I do miss the old ARMA games, ARMA 3 is better with mods, in my opinion! Ever played 2 or any previous ones~?
I only got into the franchise somewhat recently, and figured the preceding games probably weren't played much anymore, so no I have not played 2 or the others, although I did play the demo for 2 when innitially investigating the franchise. Which mods do you like?

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
I only got into the franchise somewhat recently, and figured the preceding games probably weren't played much anymore, so no I have not played 2 or the others, although I did play the demo for 2 when innitially investigating the franchise. Which mods do you like?
Oh wow, a lot of people still play 2 :D
There are some realism mods/extensions that are great. TacBF is one, Invade and Annex is another in game extension which is pretty much just a misison file, but it's great :D

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Oh wow, a lot of people still play 2 :D
There are some realism mods/extensions that are great. TacBF is one, Invade and Annex is another in game extension which is pretty much just a misison file, but it's great :D
Are there many, if any, good servers for Arma 3 around? I've done some multiplayer with a friend, but haven't got around to investigating the multiplayer community as of yet. Based on the setup of the game, I would assume all the multiplayer is ran by and for big clans?

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
Are there many, if any, good servers for Arma 3 around? I've done some multiplayer with a friend, but haven't got around to investigating the multiplayer community as of yet. Based on the setup of the game, I would assume all the multiplayer is ran by and for big clans?
Not all of them! It really depends on what you're looking for. There are super fun and silly game modes, like king of the hill, deathmatch, battle royale etc. Then there are slightly serious ones such as Invade and Annex ( love that mode ), and then super serious/liiil more hardcore TACBf that requires mods and stuff :D

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
I like 3 for the polish compared to 2. Though that hasn't stopped me logging ~300 hours outside of DayZ on 2.

Hit me up if you need an Aussie to breach and clear any time soon~

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Quick questions:
How many of you have it through Steam (If so, your name on Steam?)
And how many of you have a working mic?

I have it through steam, my name on there is Ray1333 like it is on here.
I do have a working mic.

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
I play Arma 3 every once and a while, but I do enjoy 2 more. I have Arma 2 and 3 on steam, which my name is Pope Saltington, and I'd play with some of you guys if your ever up for it. By the way, I do have a mic so gameplay can be fluent :D

Backstay

Lord of Altera
You gotta try out the realistic and tactical domination servers in ARMA 3. There's some really awesome intense ones where you pick a role, then get split up into a handful of squads (Alpha, Beta, Charlie, Delta etc.). Each squad has a squad leader, and an assistant who takes over when the squad splits up in two, or when the squad leader is downed. It's really awesome, 'cause you travel in formations and mostly stick with your group. The squad leader gives each person tasks to do, and every person is important. You meet up at the base with your squad, and then your squad leader gets you a helicopter ride (yes, there are people who constantly fly back and forth between the drop-off points. Also ones who control the planes, and others who control the attack helicopters. The squad leaders are commanded by some commanders who check up all information and marks most thing on the map and all that.

Everything is really thought through thoroughly (heh, love saying that) and it's really awesome if you're into things like that.

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
Is Arma 3 worth it?
Well, It depends. I think that it can be a very enjoyable game, but it is based on realism. That means it takes a really long time to travel, and everything is slow paced. If you like slow paced, tactical shooters then this might be for you. The whole purpose is suppose to be realism, but other people make mods (like Dayz) to give it a different vibe. The community is good at making content and the base game has it's own features. The one problem you might face with the game is the steep learning curved required to play it. One thing I know well about the game, is almost every button on your keyboard does something.

In any case, it is an enjoyable game and would recommend it.