Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Map Bugs(result from using brushes in World Paint)

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Since we plan on extending our road and region network I got to make a quick map bug fix request
Some of the Nothern Areas on our map have random sprinkles(single just single blocks not the same thing @Freya already posted once) of plain biomes mixed in huge snow fields.

Y 116
z 2718

Is a good example if you look straight down - its basically a huge field of snow then aftr 3 blcoks comes a single block of plain then snow snow and plain again. This phenomenon resulting from the use of a brush seems to have mainly hit Aeyeras side of the NE Continent, however there are small pices like that Lonmar's side too.

While Cubey was still an admin she already started fixing it up a bit, yet pretty much the entire snow region of Hierax is still like that (especially around the lake).

As for Areas with builds some of these blocks remained near Winterguards farm, and after the extension, also at the cathedral square and at its sides.

As for the Lonmar side these sprinkles mostly appear where the biome changes from Plain to snow and a bit around Stormhold's lake. I got no idea why most of it is centered n the eastern side of the continent, I was told it wasn't intended back then though and that its there due to the use of a brush in WP.

The Random Rain on singular blocks is a bit immersion breaking too.

Example pic:

What I mean are basically those green blocks in the snow - they are all plain biome.

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
The coords mentioned above are pretty much the example pic - its really just an example though places like that are on the entire continent - for some reason mostly on Hierax's side of the island; Other northern map parts and the Western side of the continent have this too, just not in such a high density. as on the hierax side (pretty much everywhere bar the places cubey fixed when I moved there)

C

Cubey

I can't see if there is raining, Need vision.

To be honest, this map is already been broken and some of bugs after updated to 1.7.2, most of cliffs on sea has turned to snow biome top which its NOT supposed to be extreme hill biome or whatever its snow biome type.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Sally and I got most of it, by the looks of the dynmap. I'll do a touch up in a few minutes :D

C

Cubey

Good work, Remember never use cuboid for biome changes, Use "poly" selection.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Good work, Remember never use cuboid for biome changes, Use "poly" selection.
Pft, I have no idea what you mean, I'm a WE noob so I just set regions and changed the biomes of them :p

C

Cubey

I wish I could teach but I can't be trust for become staff again.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
There is still the ones right in my town and at the wheat farm's fence - Some of the ones in the town are not so visible due to buildings standing on them - you can hear the rain sound if it rains though. Will post a pic of the places inside the town later when back from the dentist.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
There is still the ones right in my town and at the wheat farm's fence - Some of the ones in the town are not so visible due to buildings standing on them - you can hear the rain sound if it rains though. Will post a pic of the places inside the town later when back from the dentist.
Mhm, it's Winterguard, right?

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Just a short update:
Still looking for all of them, as I suspect some more than I can see on the map (Thunderstorm sounds and stuff)