Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Master_Pheonix Character Profile

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
Name: Master_Pheonix
Nickname/Alias: Tritton Oceana
Race: Melf - Half Elf (top half) and half Merman (bottom half)
Height: From head to the end of the fin just a little over 5 and a half feet
Weight: 72kg
Hair: Golden Blonde
Eyes: Deep sapphire blue
Skin: fair
Identifying Marks and Appearance: Tail: half of the body length and with glistening blue scales and also Elven, pointy, ears
Strengths: As with all mer-folk has an unmatchable swimming speeds, can dive deeply into the oceans, A novice swordsman and bowman, Inherited great eyesight from his Elvish father and his biggest asset is his courage. He has a lot of promise for when he grows older
Weaknesses and fears: Although courageous he still fears plenty of things, one being any kind of spiders, Endermen and Skeletons. Some times his curiosity gets the better of him leading him into dangerous situations, even though brave spiders make him cringe. *ohh those horrible and many black beady eyes and the hairy legs, the horror!!!... the horror!!...*
Profession: Well being a young teenager he does not have employment as such but he does rather enjoy going out on errands that "uncle" VanGarrett sends him out on. Although they usually turn into adventures in distant foreign lands.

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
The Tales of a young Merman named Tritton

Although I am only 15 years old I have had many experiences and learnt countless many skills during my young life. I have mainly been taught to be independent from others and not to trust people's words lightly, principally those of a Human. My mother has always told me to be wary of these creatures, these "Humans", they always think themselves superior to all others and take no others into consideration. I have heard many a tale from other merfolk that I have met during my travels saying how men would sail to the seas and try to capture young mermaids to be sold as live prizes and pets to the rich people from the human world.

Although I may only be young we grow faster than the humans and have vast and long lives. We set out once we have reached the age of 10 to explore the world and to mature into the mermen that we supposed to be. I myself set out on this journey when I was 10 years old and have swam to many a distant land and learn't how to look after myself. Travelling through the peril filled lands known as The Southern Wilds I was met by incredibly hostile creatures that always attacked during the darkness of the night. I was forced to gather resources and supplies from within the land by day so that I could survive the nights when the beasts came out to feed and prey upon those who where weak.

The Southern Wilds were also the dwelling place to the humans and I met with them countless times. They are indeed despicable creatures that only seek to enrich them selves and no manner of truce could be reached by words. I fought many of them and even though an adult merman is at least 10x the strength of a human as a young boy I could barely match them. I managed to escape and to dissuade my pursuers many a time and escape with my life. As I learnt the important lesson that with strength was not always the best way to deal with every situation and that sometimes brain is better than brawn.

The years soon passed and I grew accustomed to living in these hostile lands, moving regularly and changing camp sites so that I may not be spotted by humans or the other beasts that would come for me. I finally started to understand why all young mermen get sent out on such a dangerous quest. It was all for the sake of learning by doing and experiencing things that we could truly find ourselves a place in the world. We are a strong and mighty people and I now know what has made us this way and strengthened our bonds. We have learnt how to look after ourselves in the young ages so now that we have that wisdom we can protect each other with the skills and knowledge that we have gathered in all our travels.

I now find myself heading home, not to my homeland under the oceans but to a new place where my mother and father live. Although it is not the same gorgeous under sea kingdom that I was born in the town of Darkwood felt straight away like home. Although there are a few of my kin living there amongst other creatures it felt like a good place, somewhere to rest. I started to learn other things and to also trust other creatures, Darkwood taught me that not all humans are cruel mindless animals but that there are a few who seek peace.

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
The Tales of a Young Merman: Part 2

It has now been another 5 years since I last updated my journal.

I am now 20 years old. Lots of things have happened to me since my last update which is why I have had no time to update till this day.

Commencing the year after I updated was my coming to age and into adulthood birthday, my 16th birthday. During my birthday week I finally found out if I was going to either remain a fishman forever, keeping my tail, or if I would become a merman like my grandfather was. To be honest I was really happy to have my tail split making me a merman, even though I have arms and legs now both are webbed making me still a great swimmer (no tail). It meant that I would now be able to travel through the land with much more ease now. I also learnt, from speaking to grandfather, that I also inherited one of our great ancestors gifts, the special ability to not only be able to talk to normal fish like everyone else but also to be able to talk to the great white sharks of the ocean.

I was pleased to learn that I inherited my great, great grandfathers White Shark Gene. Also I knew that learning a whole new language would be a great challenge in itself, principally since great white sharks are known for their hostility to just about everything. I took it upon myself to learn their language and try to be-friend at least one great white shark to help me learn.

Ha-ha, Well let me just say the first few years were not exactly packed with pleasant meetings with the great white sharks. They are not the most amiable bunch in the ocean that you would want to go out and have tea and cake with, you would most likely end up playing the part of the cake! It sure felt that way to me, since when I was venturing out, 2 years later from my 16th birthday (making me 18)) and I met a great white in the Eastern ocean sector and tried to shake his fin. Warning to all: DO NOT try to do that, as I found out by getting bit on my right shoulder and upper arm. Well lets say the medic that treated thought I was absolutely bonkers when I told him that story, and I don't blame him either. After a load of stitches and a couple of months of recovery I decided to travel around and find some books and journals that my great great grandfather (GGGF for ease of writing) left hidden around the world of Altera and the other lands.

Once again with only a tiny diary and a few clues I went after all the volumes of my GGGF's books and guides. First I had to travel to the most Southern part of the Southern Wild's farthest water source. The piranhas in the rivers where a horrifying bunch and since they are a carnivorous type of fish talking to them was out of the question. Running low on food and my sword on the brink of breaking I fought my way through the peril filled jungles. Encountering my greatest fear and threat was bound to happen since it was their homeland. Boy oh boy spiders sure scare me! Mainly running away, like a maiden in distress, from those creatures was my priority, since fighting them off would mean looking into those many glittering, hungry, void like eyes. Why did GGGF have to put the book at the beginning of a river source which was the nesting ground to spiders! Nevertheless, I managed to find the first volume of his tutorial on Learning to speak Great White Shark for dummies, in a cobweb infested hole, joy!....

Well, from reading the first volume of my GGGF's book I learnt some new greeting forms for use with great whites. Although these greetings where not too useful since I have to gather up the other 2 volumes of the book to make sense of what GGGF ment. So at the end of the volume 1 the next clue was was pointing to the Eastern Frontier and to a now extinct water source. Travelling into the Eastern Frontier with legs is much easier, principally in the desert part of the quest. Blistering hot sun during the day with hardly any water and only skeletons to keep me company in the cold nights of the desert. Luckily I found an old abandoned well near the location where the next volume was supposed to be. With some rope I lowered myself down the old shaft and into the old reservoir at the bottom, which was just an empty cave. Deeper into the cavern I went with only a partial scribbled clue to help me, "Where the middle point of Neptune's Trident point is lies my next volume" that and some basic coordinates and stars to follow. Well I was sure glad to get out of that cavern with the second volume.

Now at 19 years old, almost 20, I was steadily learning the Great White Shark language and customs. The 3rd and last volume of the book was located in an incredibly scary place the sewers under the Fort belonging to a certain scary Demon! The name I shall not mention since I am sure you are all familiar with her. Yes, travelling on the boat to that place was a sure fire way to test my courage. I much rather go back to that spide..... actually no I will take going to the Demon's Fort any day. Well I got there and I trampled through the horrid filth of demon for 3 days and could not find the dammed volume anywhere. I came out for some air and a much needed bath.

There after bathing I bumped into my friend Van Garrett, I explained to him what I was looking for. In return he gave me some information which made my blood run cold, one of the Demon's minion had found the 3rd volume of my GGGF's book and taken it to the Demon's quarters in the Fort. Garrett said the best way was to make a fake copy of the book to dupe the Demon and take the real one. To be honest its not like a Demon was ever going to understand ancient Merfolk language that was made even harder by the fact that only Mermen with the Great White Shark gene would be able to understand the ramblings on that volume. Armed with a plan and a fake book I plucked up the courage and sneaked into the the bedroom of the Demon and carefully not to disturb anything in the room I found my GGGF's 3rd and final volume and swapped it with a useless book that I had me called A Muppet's Guide to Talking to Guppy fish.

The book now completed I was finally able to make sense on how to learn to speak to the great white sharks. Again it is always hard to approach a great white that you do not know, principally when, in a great white's eyes, you are looking like a delicious meal. I find that all the great whites have pretty deep raspy voices and the females are even more aggressive and hostile than the males although they have much better and friendlier voices. I have now a couple of male great white sharks which I meet from time to time to have a chat with. Since the best way to go for a chat is to bring them some lovely raw cow steaks, its a delicacy that they love but can't get for obvious reasons.

Well I end the second part of my journal here, hopefully the next time I will have some more exciting things to talk about and more adventures which I have been through.

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
Thought I would randomly post a picture of myself here.

2012-04-04_00.56.40.png
(Consumer Warning: Mermen are not edible, if consumed be prepared for grave illness and eventually a slow and painful death.)

:p

Master Pheonix

Lord of Altera
Okay, I wrote this out a while ago and am finally posting it, although Abbey should also be making an official thread with it too soon :)

Biology of Merfolk

The merfolk are capable of breeding with humans without any problems, continuing to breed with humans may result in all merfolk features being lost. However, despite losing the merfolk features, they retain their ability to swim well. Humans, fishmen, and merfolk also share the same blood types. Unlike fishmen, merfolk do not eat meat and fish of any kind, aside from shellfish, so they remain primarily vegetarian. Although on special cases mermaids when angered by sailors have been known to drag them out of their ships and eat them. Using either their beautiful mermaid voices to lure the men to the sides of the boats or by just leaping out of the water and grabbing a man and taking him to the depths of the ocean to be drowned and then eaten.

Merfolk (mermen and mermaids) can have children with fishmen (fishmen and fishwomen). However, the child's race is up to chance between fishmen and merfolk. It is possible that there may be some hybridization, and a grey area between the two races despite the clean separation indicated by clear physical and gene differentiation. There are many merfolk who bear physical traits normally unique to fishmen, like webbed hands and fangs. Furthermore, fishmen can sometimes demonstrate powers usually unique to merfolk, such an ability to communicate with whale sharks, if the merman/fishman is part whale shark fishman by gene from the parents.

All merfolk and fishpeople, male and females, have the capability of talking to regular fish. Only in some special cases can a specific mer/fish person talk to other sea creatures such as whales, sharks or larger fish species. The specific conditions needed include shared genetic structure with the said sea creature and some years in training or the same amount of time it takes someone to learn to speak and understand another language.

Even with merfolk and fishmen in the same immediate family, the primary species (merfolk or fishman), subspecies (type of fish) and appearances may differ. The reason is that they still carry the genes of their ancestors, so the species is not determined only by the parents, but it can be any one type among all the species of the ancestors.

Mermaids split their tail when they turn thirty although they can turn it back into tails when they are in water. However, this does not apply to their male counterparts as their tails won't split even after the age of thirty. This is why they are called fishmen, their bottom half is always a tail, and mermen are born with tails which split at age (around 15-16) and then turn into legs which are more resembling to humans. Mermen cannot turn their legs back into tails like the mermaids, although their hands and feet are still webbed so they still have great swimming speeds, just not as great as fishmen and mermaids.

abbeyvie

Lord of Altera
Legend
abbeyvie
abbeyvie
Legend
Yes. I will be making the thread soon and make sure to read my profile too. :)