Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mithros' Whitelist Application [Accepted- Jase]

Mithros

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Mithros

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
United States, EST

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using out of character information into roleplay that your character would not logically know. An example of this being, if you found addressed a character with their name without reasonably knowing or being told their name.

Powergaming is when a player exploits the good-willed nature of roleplay by overplaying their character and not establishing any real flaws, or disadvantages (given a scenario of combat) to the existing roleplay.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
My online name that I go by is Mithros and I come from an established Warhammer community and also partake in DnD-like Warhammer tabletop games with my friends. I enjoy roleplay as a medium to exercise my creativity, whether that be from creative stories and diversifying my writing skills or painting Warhammer models and learning new skills. I often play Minecraft outside of my work as an IT Administrator and also enjoy gaming as a hobby as a way to enjoy myself. As for whether or not, I have any examples of work, I'm afraid I do not!

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No-one.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, have they settled the ire of Titans and Gods. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through tenacity and reverence. The memories of their trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the stars flicker and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Character Name:
Mithar

Character Age:

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Mithar stands at 5'11" with a lean build sporting little muscle visibly on and body, however has toned biceps and a gaunt looking face. His hair is a deep seated blonde which appears a light silver when the sun shines on it, and his eyes are a mix of dark blue and dark green. He wears a light tunic underneath a robe that wraps around his body and covers his body from head to toe.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Work in progress, will match the aesthetic and theme of the server.

Written Test!
Mithar wanders the lands of Altera aimlessly with temporary supplies that barely enable him to travel from village to village. He is characteristically reserved, with a distinct lack of trust for non-elves, specifically humans. This distrust comes from repeated haggles and swindling attempts by local merchants, mostly human merchants who have managed to exploit Mithar's situation. He is a wanderer, with no permanent home as a result of the cataclysm which ripped apart the realm asunder and cast nations, settlements and people apart.

However, Mithar's lust for travel soon comes to an end. With a dwindling supply of resources and few coin to support his wanderlust he has found himself a dead end. His desire to find his people, the Silver Elves and join them is a most prevalent task. As an adept carpenter and tradesman, Mithar has experience working on the ships as well as repairing ships and is hungry for a job which will take his woodworking skills to the seas. Although not one for fishing or the task of fish hauling, he has experience as a rigger and sees the seas as his calling.

Whether this calling will reach his figurative door step tomorrow is to be determined, the land beckons a new wave of life and as people and settlements return to harmony, Mithar steps forward from his wayward travels and seeks to end his nomadic ways, though such a task is not so easily taken. Mithar understands as a lone wanderer he must travel the lonely road until he is embraced by his kin, which he would find most appealing given his distaste for humans.

On his travels at a fork in the road Mithar halts at a crudely maintained notice board, filled with pamphlets and outdated scrolls he finds word of a city of Silver Elves located on the eastern continent of Altera known as Eldpoint. This news gave him much delight and not long after being swindled by yet another local human merchant, his demeanour changes from sluggish and fed up to cheerful and blissful. With a hop in his stride, and a smirk permanently marked across his face, Mithar traverses eastward to be reunited with his people.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.