Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mythosaur's Application [Approved] - [Fronslin]

Ordo

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Mythosaur

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
Belgium, CEST.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Naturally, it's the first thing I went out to read before even opening the application form.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the act of using or abusing knowledge In-Character that you obtained Out-Of-Character. Powergaming is forcing an action upon another player that either puts them at an incredible disadvantage or is without their consent.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Since that gives advantages to people that standard MC doesn't provide, it's a hard no.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
I'm Mythosaur, Mytho, Sander, Sandor, Ordo... any of those names will do. I've been Roleplaying (on minecraft) since 2010, with the first server I was on being Crafthammer. I've since been on about 11 other places, none of which are still active unfortunately. I've switched to Discord RP in the last two years, but this server seems interesting enough to get my MC account back for.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
A friend of mine sent a link, he isn't a member himself but figured I'd find this interesting.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, have they settled the ire of Titans and Gods. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through tenacity and reverence. The memories of their trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the stars flicker and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Dram "Syrul" Vilyn

Character Age:

Character Race:
Moor

Appearance:
Dram, unlike those albino Moor, seems to be a run of the mill Moor of no significant appearance. His skin is a dark gray, and his eyes a dark purple/violet. His shoulder length black hair is pulled back over his head, with two strands hanging down over his chest. His face is nearly clean-shaven, save for a single strip of black hair on his chin. His eyebrows, though scarred, are also black, and a little slanted like the rest of his race. His ears are pointed, as a Moor's ears are, and his right ear is pierced with two gold-like rings hanging through them.

As for clothing, he wears a dark blueish gray garb that reaches down to about his knees, with a dark tan shawl wrapped around his neck loosely, the two ends hanging down his chest. Inbetween the shawl and the robe sits a tanned leather jacket that hangs just below his waistline. The jacket also extends just over his shoulders, providing extra protection against the elements, but not much else. Around his lower arms sit a pair of gauntlets, built out os a type of chitin from sea creatures, crafted rather well, but also being nearly the only armour that Syrul actually has equipped. The lower half of the gauntlets are wrapped in brown cloth, that reach down to just below his wrist. Over his dark-gray troussers, with rather simple leather boots, of which the brim and knee is also slightly reinforced with this chitin.

Beneath all this, Syrul is tattooed with both typical and atypical seafarer tattoos. There's a compass, an anchor, and a caricature of a Siren. Though his chest and back depict a pair of snakes elegantly wrapping themselves around him, with their heads ending on his shoulder blades. The tattoos on his chest and back are a little worn, however, as several scars from whips and clear stab wounds dot his gray skin.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Dram.png

Original reference:
Dram Vilyn.jpg

Written Test!
86 years ago, in the Port settlement of Gah-r'sh lehk, A Moor mother of Clan Tel'Vilyn gave birth to a child named Dram. The boy's parents were of no particular significance in the grand scheme of things, and for many years, neither would their offspring. Dram was a part of a Blood Family that, amongst many others, worked and maintained the port there. From a young age the boy was taught to fish, haul cargo, and steer small fishing boats. For many years, well after his Coming-of-age Ceremony, Dram continued to serve his family's purpose as a fisherman, only actually going out to sea and spending months on a ship to sail cargo from port to port.

The situation for his Clan changed later on however. Several of his siblings succumbed to illness and the sea, which only put more pressure on Dram to provide for the clan, and maintain the reputation of his peasant family. After running a few odd jobs with a questionable band of characters, Dram found himself involved in shady and questionable dealings. The next few years soon transformed the young man from inexperienced sailor to smuggler of illicit goods, and then to outright pirate. In the beginning he justified his deeds in the name of bringing food to the table,but the truth is that he enjoyed being a Pirate much more than a simple low-life sailor.

He would return home every few months to give a large portion of his loot to his Clan. This sparked many discussions as he never would oblige them with the explanation about how he was able to collect this amount from the dock. The Elder, his grandfather, had heard rumours about Moor pirates scourging the seas around the port city, he suspected Dram, but never really cared much as long as the coin kept coming in. The two next-in-line, Dram's uncles, wanted him gone from the moment he returned with his first haul. And once the Elder passed away, the infighting began.

By this time Dram had reached the ripe age of 60, and more than his fair share of scars and showings of a fighter. His siblings adored him, as he would bring special gifts and coin home for them, but his nieces and nephews despised him for tarnishing the Clan's name. His two uncles tore the Tel'Vilyn clan apart over who would become Elder, pulling other clans and Dram's siblings into the matter. They would banish him, regardless of who would become Elder, so amongst the chaos Dram took his chance and got while the getting was good. He sailed away from the city and never really looked back. The name he once had, Dram Tel'Vilyn became a combination of his real name and his cover name he adorned as a Pirate, Syrul Vilyn, as he sailed with others who also still had a last name that was not dependant of any clan.

For 20 more years he would sail the seas with smugglers, until his past finally caught up to him. A human military ship had been pursuing the captain he was a part of. After a deadly ambush, he found himself drifting amongst the wreckage of his former home. The Humans scouted the wreckage for survivors, and he saw many of his brethren whom survived the skirmish imprisoned or executed, so he played dead. It only worked out because the weather shifted drastically. The Moor eventually found a bunch of wood that formed a raft, placed himself on it, and drifted to wherever the current would take him.

Last edited:

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.

Add Sclera (The white bit of the eye) To your skin and you will good to RP as your Moor
And if you need any help feel free to ask people in the discord, On the server certain staff members will have a + next to their name. But people are usually friendly and helpful.

Looking forward to seeing you Serverside.