Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nafari's Whitelist Application [Approved - Niko]

UnJustNafari

Villager
(very swiftly, Sorry for the messy bits, having to write this up on a very..very old Acer Laptop!)
1. What is your Minecraft username? UnjustNafari

2. How old are you? 15

3. What country are you from? USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet? Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any roleplaying community.) Metagaming is the use of knowledge you've obtained OOCLY, IRPLY without ever obtaining it IRP. Powergaming is both reacting to emotes directed at you as in ways that aren't possible with your characters abilities, like a blind man somehow shooting a bullseye from ten yards away, or a child somehow being strong enough to tackle a fully armored man. forcing actions onto other players, emoting for them rather than giving the other person a chance to react differently, no one has a one hundred percent chance at landing a strike and neither failure nor success is a certain.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
)No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jese

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm just a giant from America who lacks the ability to escape from minecraft roleplay. I play psychedelic rock with a local band of life long friends, So hobby wise I'm aspiring lead vocalist and guitarist. Past times for me really are just things that involve freeing my mind of it's restraints, writing, rping, or just indepths thinking of fictional scenarios in a fictional world not a single eye has laid it's gaze upon, not even my own truthfully.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I would have plenty of lore and stories from the both distant and not so distant past, but my phone is not in working order, perhaps when its repaired I'll get to share.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Mersify/Auriel_

Character Name: Skoorpa Ragnarson.

Character Age: 23

Character Race: Silver Elf.

Appearance: 6'5 With full blonde hair complimented by his green eyes which carry a cold - sunken accent. It can be deemed this man aspires to conquer in war rather than scan over ink-stained pages by his muscular form, one about as lean as an elf could be.

Written Test!:
You roam the floors of a tavern in Storms Landing, you came simply to relax after work, or maybe to get away from home, for whatever the reason - on this cold, rainy night you dwell amongst drunkards - turning in laborworkers and what the like you'd expect. Though as you begin to occupy a seat in the back - one of the only free ones close to yet another where an old man sits, he calls to you. And you make your way over, he motions to the seat before him on the other side of the table. and - cautiously, but surely, you sit. It is then that your eyes manage to catch a glimpse of the man's face beyond his hood, naturally the first time that you notice is the first thing the moonlight bleeding through the windowpanes close by, a singular sliver of light caught the pair of his terrible eyes, bloodshot and sunken - the pupils now clouded, allowing only a small amount of a sea-green hue to be seen. Next the man's smile, he offered that of a warm, genuine smile as you assume he realized you were there one way or another, his crooked and grotesque teeth adding perhaps an unsettling feeling - though his smile, the show of genuine excitement for your presence perhaps is what compelled you to stay.. The man would shakily go to sip his ale, wetting his lips before going to finally muse in exactly the rough scratchy voice you expected from him, and yet you still lent him your ears.

"You - Before you speak.. Please give my words a listen.. If you've eyes, then you've seen - even I whom has none can tell it. Danger is ever-growing in Altera, wide is the devils mouth and colossal is it's grip, it seems further we stray from hope - but I am no Priest, and the Devils I speak of are not that of evil spirits, not of God nor Goddess - but that of Kingdoms, those who raise themselves above all else with claim of benefiting and prolonging the life of their home and it's people..But rather it starts with greed or it ends with greed, a King always finds a path of lies before he finish..This is why I took my family to the Coast, because I was not to be ran by foolish Lords who know spout the teachings of their Gods yet they themselves hold the wisdom of a one-eyed man.. And so I say - believe me now - My grandson, will be the bringer of my Legacy, he will reach glory as he fears not death, knowing his place though refusing the give up courage, but courage is noting more than the knowledge of how to handle your fears, Skoorpa Ragnerson is that - fearless, content, prepared for his path to victory, or fall to failure. You shall see, you will hear one way or another the art in which he uses his axes, The sting of his daggers, roar of his words, you can however ensure the display he will give be in favor of your protection and not against it. Do you heed my words?"

Taken back - speechless, you've gone through half your ale listening to this man, but you remain silent - something, for whatever reason you've decided, to hold your tongue.

But it is then that the man starts to smile again, a cackle pushing past his maw - a wheeze clung to his breaths, it was obvious the old man's end was soon, yet he seemed somewhat sane and still as energetic as he would've been in his 100s. you begin to laugh with him - taking realization the man was simply telling you a story to keep you interested.

And soon, a third would join, a large elf, Skoorpa himself, he would sit beside the old man and peer to you, straight faced - he had the look of a beserker, strong and experienced, or maybe he was just good at pretending but none the less, the old man then put his hands on the table and looked to you with a serious glare. "Now..Buy my grandson, and he will sing to you this legacy, and ensure true reputation come to your life as it will his.. an investment..What do you say?"

[Y] or [N]

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, the realm tangled with the Behemoth Qlippoth, awakened by monsoon rains and with which came the Ashen Blight plague and eldritch abominations. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through its tenacity and reverence. The memories of the trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the heavens fall and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to our community. I like reading your written test. It's pretty good stuff except for a few things.

- It is totally fine to create a random village for the purposes of backstory origin. It is, however, a bit too much to have three villages with an entire, never before seen, culture and society especially in the Sorrows which have hundreds of thousands of undead teeming in those lands. I recommend just having Skoorpa come from a random village within the mainland continent itself.

- You need to specify what sub-culture your elf is. Keep in mind, elves can be at most 170 pounds. They can get toned, but not ripped muscular wise if you know what I mean.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to our community. I look forward to reading your application again.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.