Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Nid Arach] The Slayer Tower (CLOSED)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
1635686140418.png
The Slayer Tower
A domain that tests the spirit of all those who enter, a place for true Slayers to prove their worth.

The Concept
What's This?
This tower will be accessible at any time when I'm available to DM. People may enter the tower to test their slaying skills. Each level of the tower hosts a different creature. To defeat the creature, the slayer will need special gear to even stand a chance (imagine fighting an electric eel without insulated boots, that's a recipe for disaster, but with the boots, it becomes a lot easier). The gear is listed at the entrance of each new level. This gear has to be commissioned at random players of their choosing or made by themselves using HollowCrafting (I'll check and if it's not a HC item, it won't do). Once the player returns with the gear and I've seen it, they may attempt to fight the beast. Once they are successful at slaying it, they will receive a trophy from the creature, possible drops, and a Slayer Token.

Rewards
Why Join?
The core of this idea is to facilitate your collector's spirit. The first unique items with actual use will be the things you'll commission from players in our world, which encourages more RP, more crafting, and puts the tower into the fabric of our world. The next thing you'll collect and can put on display are the trophies of the creatures you've killed. Then there's also the loot that may be used or collected. Finally, there are the Slayer Tokens. I will create special Slayer Gear, which can only be purchased with these tokens. For instance; a Slayer prestige title, Slayer gear that lowers a monster's DC , or ways to summon or trap creatures.

The Slayers
Who and When?
Anyone can call themselves a slayer. Whether they're successful is yet to be discovered. So this tower is accessible to everyone. Depending on which beast you intend to fight, you'll be notified how big of a party you can bring or whether you have to go in alone. After all, this is about the prestige of fighting the creature. Going in with a whole group to kill a small monster hardly gives you any renown! The DMs will be at random times. You can message me in game or on discord to find a good moment to start an encounter. You can visit the tower at any time to check if a new creature has been added and to see what gear you'll require in order to enter, so that you may prepare yourself ahead of time!

Development Log
What's new and who donated?
The tower is constantly growing and expanding. It started with an idea, it then went through approval and it's now visitable in game. To make it work properly, I'm gonna have to give away a lot of things. I enjoy that, though I will be able to accommodate more players and do bigger things at the tower when generous people who like the potential of this idea help out with this! To give Slayer titles, I'll need voting reward tokens. To give out rewards I need radiants. To build the tower I'll need materials. In short; I need a little bit of everything. All donations of any kind will be most welcome and received with muy muy humility.

The Lore
Where did this come from?
The Arachians had dealings with creatures in the past. They went into caves with ten men strong, sometimes never to be seen again. Yet at other times they would return with heavy casualties and a sedated cave wendigo in tow! Indeed, they had arranged the capture of two cave wendigos and even an Elchbar from the far north during the reign of The Arachian Lord. Whoever rules over Nid Arach now that the Arachian Lord is dead, nobody knows, but The Arachians are mobilizing once again in secret, capturing and shipping creatures from all over the world to Nid Arach. Why they're doing this is shrouded in mystery, but where they're taking the creatures to is common knowledge: The Slayer Tower. A foul monolith that stands at the banks of the swampy river that runs through the region. Some folks speculate that the Arachians are collecting creatures and allowing the Essence of Chaos in Nid Arach to mutate them into even worse nightmares than the original beasts themselves. They might even intend to set them loose upon cities. It's only a matter of time before they decide the creatures are twisted enough to be released. Folks must now enter the tower at their own peril, hoping to destroy the creatures within before the Arachians set them loose upon unsuspecting towns. There is much renown to be gained, yet slaying creatures is something entirely different from your usual combat. Are you up to the task?

Creatures
Beginner
Buzzing Menace - 3 deaths | 0 kills | 1 survival
Plague Rats - 2 deaths | 0 kills | 1 survival
Wart Mouth - 2 deaths | 0 kills | 0 survivals
Deathly Slime - 1 deaths | 0 kills | 1 survivals

Adept
Drowners - 1 deaths | 0 kills | 0 survivals
Night's Teeth - 2 deaths | 0 kills | 0 survivals
Nature's Wrath - 1 death | 0 kills | 0 survivals
Rolling Sand - 1 deaths | 0 kills | 0 survivals

Expert
Strangling Sky - 0 deaths | 0 kills | 0 survivals
Black Mother - 0 deaths | 0 kills | 0 survivals
Red Death - 3 deaths | 0 kills | 0 survivals

Master
The Sun's Sting - 1 deaths | 0 kills | 0 survivals
Snow Bull - 0 deaths | 0 kills | 0 survivals

Slayer Count
Slain Creatures and Slayer Renown
Uriel [ BoredBrit ] - 0 deaths | 1 kill
Branko [ Kostadim ] - 0 deaths | 5 kills
Maple [ Opal ] - 0 deaths | 1 kill
Podric [ Luam ] - 0 deaths | 1 kill
Kharn [ Warwolf ] - 0 deaths | 6 kills
Valerie [ JennyBean ] - 0 deaths | 3 kills
Aki [ Fortune ] - 0 deaths | 2 kills

Donators
None yet

Development
  • 31-10-2021 Slayer Tower Concept Finalized.
  • 31-10-2021 Location of Slayer Tower found and first bricks placed.
  • 1-11-2021 Slayer Tower approved and green light from staff to go ahead.
  • 1-11-2021 First Prerequisites have been set up and four challenges now already await.
  • 1-11-2021 Lore Added
  • 2-11-2021 Another four creatures were added.
  • 3-11-2021 The tower is gigantic and we've got 10 creatures already O _ o
  • 6-11-2021 Addition of 2 beginner and 1 adept creature, because folks believe their characters aren't strong enough to participate.
  • 7-11-2021 Added Slayer Market and finished tower
  • 11-12-2021 Added the Feed the Beast event, a boss available only to those who have defeated all monsters in the tower and require an extra challenge.
An explanation of the information at each monster's door
1637514297222.png

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The Slayer Market
Spending Slayer Tokens

In the slayer tower, you can kill 13 unique Alteran Monsters and properly earn the title of "Slayer".
For each monster killed, you get a trophy and a token. At the Slayer Market, you can spend these tokens for gear and goodies.

Untitled-1.png
The effects of the items apply to all creatures I DM, wherever I DM them. Other DM's who like it are free to also allow these effects at their own discretion.

Slayer Helmet - Lined with spikes to decrease the DC of certain monsters in the tower - 3 tokens
Slayer Chestplate - With its spikes, it prevents Arachian Bats from grabbing you - 3 tokens
Slayer Legs - Created to increase evasive abilities while fighting Slayer Monsters - 2 tokens
Slayer Boots - Oily boots that prevent leeches, piranha, and pincer beetles from climbing them and hurting you - 2 tokens
Full Slayer Outfit - While wearing the full slayer outfit, the DC of all creatures in Nid Arach is drastically decreased - 10 tokens

Slayer Bait - Lures a random creature (1d13). Used to summon an extra encounter! - 1 token
Slayer Poison Dart - A weapon with which to sedate a single small or medium-sized creature (1 use only) - 1 token

Slayer Familiar - A smaller version of a tameable slayer creature that can fight at your side (doesn't leave Nid Arach) - 3 tokens

Feed The Beast
The ultimate challenge to the seasoned Slayer

1639247672000.png

This ultimate challenge is unlocked once a player has killed every single beast in the tower and is meant as a final challenge for those who have no monsters left to battle. The player can request the event to take place at their preferred time and may bring two companions to attempt to reach and defeat this beast.
[!] Warning: This is a one-off boss beyond anything that is encountered in the tower and success is not guaranteed. It will be requested specifically for you, so each time this event takes place, a different creature will lurk there IF approved by lore! [!]

Last edited:

Opal

Lord of Altera
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
opal_frog
opal_frog
Legend
This seems really fun, I'd love to have a go with it with my girl Maple!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This is now live! Visit The Slayer Tower to discover what piece of equipment you need to enter it. Ping me on discord or when I'm online in game to get a DM :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I'll have time to DM today! Somewhere from 19:00h CET to into the night :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The tower is still active for people who need inspiration on HC items to make and want to use those HC items to fight monsters :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A new slayer has arrived in the Slayer Tower, leaving death in his wake.
A very unique fighting style brought to a near-perfect execution. It's Kharn Sicarus!

Warwolf

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Delighted to welcome Valerie ( JennyBean ) as a new slayer and was really happy to finally do this room with her and Warwolf !
Warwolf taking the lead in monsters slain!

slayer tower crooners.jpg

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Hail Branko! Slayer of creatures! Overtaking Kharn in the leaderboards

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The Slayer Tower will be closed henceforth to everyone except those who have already slain a beast. I've come to this decision because I have a lot less free time. The time that I do have left I would rather spend on the Arc of Thieves, Nid Arach group events, and Archaeology: All of which I DM for multiple people, rather than spend time doing 1 on 1 DMs that usually take at least 1,5 hour. So those who have already started their trek through the tower may continue, and those who were hoping to do so; I'm sorry to disappoint. Once someone has slain all creatures, I'll be "ruining" the tower, meaning the rooms will one by one open up and the beasts will escape, which will be the IC reason why folks can't try their combat skills in there anymore.

I hope you understand why I've made this decision and I hope to see you at my other events :)