Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

OrphRedHair's Application [ Accepted - Jase]

OrphRedHair

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
OrphRedHair

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
America, CST/CDT.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have indeed. Took some time, but I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the act of taking OOC knowledge, or knowledge otherwise acquired OOC and otherwise divorced from one's IC actions, and using it In-Character. Usually for one's own personal benefit.

Powergaming is the act of removing player agency from Roleplay, and dictating the outcomes of actions without external input. Examples include dictating that a strike will land, it's exact severity, and even making other characters actions in their stead.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Absolutely not. You'd be crazy if you did.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
Hiya! I'm Orph. I'm a a veteran Roleplayer in the Minecraft Roleplay community (Ten Years now!), and have been on a bunch of different servers and roleplay environments. I've been playing Roleplaying games for even longer, like Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder, GURPS, and a whole host of others. I even DM my own games every week, and write my own settings. Studying the history of Roleplaying Games is kind of a hobby of mine, and I've a lot of obscure knowledge on old tabletop RPGs and the early history of it's design. But other than that, I like to write, and (completely expectedly) play oldschool RPGs like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Wizardry, and Ultima.

The kinda music I like varies, but I have a general preference for Dance With the Dead, Polite Fiction,old Sega Genesis soundtracks, and the DOOM Eternal OST. I collect old media formats (VHS Tapes, Cassettes, Vinyl), collect old boxed games, and loaaaads of dice. I practice Witchcraft, play with Tamagotchi, and have read an obscene amount of fantasy. I also write a blog (infrequently, mind you).

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
My buddy Tyinyk referred me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Alizia "Palm" Cimeies

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human.

Appearance:
'Palm' is a woman of average height, tanned skin, and dark black locks of hair. Her blue eyes are constantly hidden behind a thick black veil, and her lips are usually painted a greyish-black. Her clothes are a myriad of colors, with her most striking piece of clothing being a hood comprised of reds, yellows, and magentas. Earrings of gold hang from her ears, though other forms of jewelry are scarce. Notably, her hands are always wearing black gloves; with the pinky on her left hand strangely flopping as she gesticulates, as if detached from her body. (Indeed, she's missing her left pinky finger.)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
Thunk! Down the knife sunk into the wood of the table, much to the chagrin of the Barkeep, who was not so subtly sneering and glaring at the girl clad in half a rainbow for a cloak.

"Five-Finger Dance o' Knives. I win, I take enough t'get me a nice bed, a couple meals, and atleast halfway to the next town. You win, y'get everything I got in my pockets. You in?" The girl questioned, releasing the knife stricken into the table, and returning to her own seat with a challenging grin, arms crossed. Palm, she was called. Or atleast, she soon would be.

"Three shims and a thumb'a silver. No more." The man replied. A gruff man, significantly larger than our colorful character, and not nearly as pretty. The man had thick arms, worn and tanned from year working the fields out in the hot sun. A rough looking character, if an honest worker.

"Deal!" she replied without hesitation. With a grunt, the man took the dagger stuck into the table, wresting it from the grasp of the wood. He examined the blade, before he placed his hand onto the table, his fingers splayed out. The colorful girl gave a nod, before the man began to stab the knife between his fingers, faster and faster. The man was clearly skilled at this. Well! He may have hustled the regular drunk from time to time, but he'd never come up against Palm. She was dexterous and lithe, with delicate fingers and an even more delicate hand. And enough arrogance to be a handful twice over.

When the man was finished, he flipped the knife, and held it out to the girl. She took it with much haste, and didn't let her eyes leave his as she placed her hand onto the table, grinning all the while in that cocksure way only a woman with too much overflowing pride can. She flipped the knife point-down, and then began her dance, not even working up to speed and taking it slow; she was here to not only win, but to impress. The knife danced between her fingers in a dizzying filet, a true show of skill and dexterity. She felt pride unlike anything else, until-

SHINK!

She felt a sharp pain, before suddenly she wasn't feeling much of anything. She froze, and looked down, and her head swam as red assaulted her vision. And then she was seeing nothing at all, as she blacked out.

~~~

"Fuck." She cursed, looking at the bandaged stump of what had once been her pinky-finger. She was lying in bed, paid for generously by that farmer she challenged. Poor man took pity on her. Idiot man. It was her own damn fault, her own damn hubris. If she'd just looked down to focus instead of being such and arrogant-

No. No, she told herself. There's no use getting caught up in what I should have done, or what happened. This was the reality of things, the consequences of her actions. Well, she was going to live with it. She'd make sure to never make such a stupid mistake again.

After all, how is she supposed to hold the world in the palm of her hands, if she keeps cutting off the fingers that let her grasp her desires?

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.